main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Not sure if it's right to have Ahsoka alive trough the OT..

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I didn't think it was right to have Maul come back after being sliced in half; but here we are....

3. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    Don't see the issue with it, we got someone with an emotional story passing on by, Not everyone needs to die. More Yoda style deaths wouldn't be minded at all.. Old age etc

revan772 likes this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think the traditionalists believe that Dave Filoni doesn't think about the OT canon at all; that he just wings it through with no master plan. IMO he'll have an answer for every question; for even the most pure traditionalist SW fans out there. It won't be something as simple as, "well Yoda figured Ahsoka wasn't a Jedi so he didn't count her for anything when talking with Luke".

Vizzy91 and Master_Rebado like this.
  5. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    We seriously need a 6inch black series figure of Ahsoka's in that final shot garb!

6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    There have been several references throughout Rebels that Ahsoka and Ezra are not true Jedi.

"I am no Jedi" Ahsoka Tano when fighting Darth Vader.

"No Jedi can open a Sith Holocron" said Ahsoka to Ezra, who then opened the holocron at the end of the season 2 finale.

*starts to dance and sing*

The OT is fine. O so fine people. No need to worry, it is o so fine.

7. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Right or not, it's exactly how things are. Same with Maul - and his storylines in CW were some of the best in the series. I'm glad Lucas brought Maul back, and equally happy Filoni kept Ahsoka post-Rebels. The days of the OT restricting storytelling appear to be over. Other Force users thrived during the OT, Yoda, Kenobi, and Skywalker were simply the last of the old Order. Ahsoka is no longer a Jedi, and that isn't likely to change after ROTJ. Same with Ezra, he was taught the Jedi ways, but would many consider him part of the Jedi Order?

8. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    At some point, it seems like some SW got a bit kill happy. They just want heroes dying left and right, and it gets a bit tiresome really.

Originally, SW was not about gratuitous death. In the entire OT, precisely ONE major heroic character dies a violent death (Obi Wan), ONE! Yoda dies to, but he dies relatively peacefully of old age/natural causes, in bed by a comfy fire, with his last student there to see him off.

Luke/Han/Leia/Lando/Chewie/Threepio/R2/Etc, they all survived the OT. Heck even characters like Ackbar and Wedge survive.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    Master_Rebado likes this.
  9. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Being a huge Ahsoka fan, I never thought this day would come. Actually I thought it would end a lot differently. Ever since she showed up in 2008, people immediately jumped on "Anakin didn't have a padawan and either way she has to die off to explain her absence in ROTS". Well Dave Filoni had other ideas, and I'm glad she got a long life that lasted until post-ROTJ. With Disney churning out so much Star Wars, I hope she gets some more screen time (big or small).

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The only point I can recall that SW got "kill happy" was the PT. Yeah, Yoda says to Luke that he's the last of the Jedi. Cue in Order 66. Piece of cake!

11. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Well, the key word in Star Wars is "wars", so death occurs *quite* a lot.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I just want some Jacen art

13. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    As much as I'm glad to see that this time Ahsoka didn't leave the show walking sadly away, I'm really not a fan of her new look. I like "let me twirl in the air as I decapitate four enemies at once" Ahsoka, not "Gandhalf the White wannabe" Ahsoka. I know Filoni said before that he wanted her to be kinda like Gandhalf in Rebels, but IMO he pushed it too far.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I never cared much for Yoda's line, but Ezra was a Jedi especially in the end.

15. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I doubt its a perma look, she's most likely rocking a sweet uniform.

revan772 and Master_Rebado like this.
  16. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    This, on so many levels!

Vizzy91 and Master_Rebado like this.
  17. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Here's hoping.

18. BadAcrobat

Apr 20, 2015
    Seriously, I'm surprised. Each to their own though. My take on it:

We have had black capes and brown capes a plenty, in fact every Jedi/sith I can recall - except Yoda's little beige number. Then we had all the imperial grey uniforms - until Krennic broke the mold so successfully in RO.

Ahoska - looks fantastic to me. I love fresh, new and different - its why I like TLJ so much.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I love her look to be honest.

Master_Rebado and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It looked a bit out of place for her character in my opinion. Unless of course something really changed with her during her time on Malacore.

21. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    We did not get a great look at Ahsoka, but what we saw looked appropriate for someone back from the dead.

And now she's in play for a post-ROTJ ally for Luke, though she has sworn off being a Jedi.

I am absolutely sure that Ahsoka would not go anywhere near Luke and the Alliance finding out that Luke is Anakin's son. And my guess is that the Alliance would not keep that a secret about the hero who blew up the Death Star, since they don't know about Vader. I'd guess that Ahsoka would sense that there is something really big that has to play out between Luke and Vader and that she's not a part of it.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    well by the time we see her Luke already knows the truth,

23. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    About new Ahsoka look in The Rebels ending. Below is quite a compilation of her "new" looks links, if anyone interested. Disclaimer: don't get offensive, everyone has her own Ahsoka vision, yet there should be a canon to stick to; which is apparently diversified.
    Ahsoka #1:
    http://www.nexusroute.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/506-trivia01.jpg

Ahsoka #2:
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net...stinky.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20160403102325

Ahsoka #3:
    http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano

Ahsoka #4 (originally planned adult version):
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/es.starwars/images/3/3e/Ahsoka-Zukunft_(1).jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120103032939

Ahsoka #5 (who is that, by the way? does not ring a bell):
    https://nerdist.com/new-ahsoka-novel-is-a-must-read-for-clone-wars-fans-review/

Ahsoka #6:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ahsoka_Tano_Rebels_Profile.png

Ahsoka #7 (she has a sis, am I right?):
    https://us.blastingnews.com/showbiz...os-conversation-hints-her-fate-001840191.html

Ahsoka #8 (Dave Filoni drawing):
    https://www.google.ru/search?newwin...A#imgdii=jRytJQdZQd9nvM:&imgrc=PPBPHeEGCliZsM:

Ahsoka #9:
    https://nerdist.com/star-wars-rebels-series-finale-what-happened/star-wars-rebels-finale-ahsoka/

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm a tad confused by the images post. Most of them show the same images.

25. FarEasterling

FarEasterling Jedi Master star 1

Aug 18, 2011
    by the same you mean you see the same images of Ahsoka or Ahsoka is the same for you in all these different images? There is a canon CGI version and there is personal art (everyone has his/her right to see Ahsoka how he/she sees fit). But there are already several canon CGI versions. I fail to see the same personality of this character in various versions. In art, fanart - by all means, but here - Ahsoka must stick to the script, after all.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018