main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree she is most popular character.

Guidman likes this.
  2. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I think you're mistaking hate with wanting continuity. For the record I really like Ahsoka, but I have been one to suggest she should die before ANH. Simply since she did not appear and would diminish the importance of Luke becoming a Jedi. Her skill alone would be enough to be considered a hope for the Rebellion. the way they made her unavailable and to be honest for all intents and purposes no one knew she was still alive, so her absents in the OT becomes acceptable.

cwustudent and MrDarth0 like this.
  3. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    Vader? I think you might be taking a bit of creative liberty to suggest she has a similar popularity to Darth Vader. Vader is one of the most recognizable villains in all of Cinema. Don't get me wrong but the only people who even know who she is are the ones who watched the cartoons. average movie goers have no clue she even exists.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    We're not going to get into the same tired argument again over who is more popular than who, are we? Just as one could suggest that average movie goers have no clue that Ahsoka exists, of course the same could be said about Darth Maul's existence after being SLICED IN HALF in TPM. And yet he was among the first batch of heroes available in the new Battlefront 2 game.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Darth Maul would be in Battlefront 2 even if he had died in TPM.

6. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Over a decade and a half later, I doubt he'd still be as popular.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh, I agree, but i still think he would make the game

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's debatable. But the argument isn't about whether or not he'd be in a video game; it's about how recognized he is at this point. If it wasn't for TCW, Rebels, and the comics, TPM would be the last you ever heard of Maul. And yet here we are.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    When Ahsoka finally does pass how do you want it to happen? Battle or peaceful?

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I haven't the foggiest idea. My guess it would most likely be peaceful; considering it would've only been appropriate had Vader been the one to give the deathblow to her.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I agree with you actually. Vader should have been the one to do it and now that he can not, she might as well not die.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    LOL well I don't mean it as if because Vader didn't do it that she should live forever. I just meant that she may go out the peaceful way, like Yoda.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    No, I meant that she might as well not die, by non-natural causes.

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Like Yoda then. Some might suggest that it could be fitting that Vader's grandson might be the one to end her life; but that's getting into TFA territory.

MrDarth0 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  16. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Lets not talk about her potential death ;) Talk about her prime.. now she is in it :p I hope we get to see a bit more from her as an adult and I hope she meets Lux again.. She deserves that

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  17. Mr Bogan

Mr Bogan Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 28, 2016
    I really don't know what to wish for Ep IX. FWIW I don't want any other OT characters to be important. Let them have a go with Kylo/Rey/Rose/Finn/Poe/Hux/Maz but please, please, don't ruin the only surviving OT hero, Chewbacca. Just pretend he is taking care of his grandchildren or something.

So, no. I don't want Ashoka, Hera, Sabine, Zeb, Ezra, Thrawn, Kallus in Ep. IX, bar some meaningless cameo or loudspeaker reference.

About Ashoka meeting Luke and Leia, it would be awesome (and, at least for Ashoka, I think it would give her peace to know the offsprings of her beloved master) , but it'll have to be Dave Filoni doing it in animation, I don't think you can have any other actor playing a young Luke.

Vizzy91 and Grievousdude like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think you mean Mark Hamill

19. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    For me I don't want to see anymore of Ashoka in animation, unlease we ever get those unreleased TCW arcs someday. If their is a post-RoTJ show, the only people with a Jedi background I want to see is Luke and his students. Their should be comics/book about what happens to Ashoka and Ezra. Though I still want both of them truly out of the picture before Luke begins his Academy. (that still gives them a bunch of years). Also the only remains of the Old Order I want Luke in contact with are force ghosts. If Ashoka and Ezra are given a finale in their lives, that would leave Luke's band of merry men for a time as the only good guys with some Jedi arts. So when the darkness comes via Kyle Ren, KoR and Snoke, their is no older and very skilled Ashoka and Ezra to stand in the way of the First Order.

Also being killed by Snoke would make more sense then Kylo Ren. Kylo is not on the level of skill compared to Ashoka, if she were still alive.

Vizzy91 and MrDarth0 like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I could see Snoke doing it.

21. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    I was thinking about her POV. All in one day, she faced three Inquisitors, Maul, Vader, and Sidious! :eek:

Maybe I'm late to the party... I heard elsewhere, some believe Ahsoka saved Vader from the collapsing Sith temple, thus leaving herself vulnerable to his blade. Basically, that's what earned the save, but now what?

She's been in two, nope, three Star Wars series. Heck, why not four? I must admit, I'm curious what Filoni has planned. (#SaveTheCloneWars) Personally, I'd like her to pass on what she has learned.

And Yoda should haunt her.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  22. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    I'm still hoping we'll see more of her during the years between RotS and Rebels. We have yet to see her come to terms with the events of the Padawan arc and get back on her feet.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  23. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
  24. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    I'll take your word for it, all I'm seeing is
    Weird...

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
  25. Jedi Knight Fett