main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Eh it's just the way the artist draws.

2. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    That is one thing I don't want to see is Ahsoka still being around during the ST time period helping Rey out. That would seem slightly forced in my opinion and would really make it look like Ahsoka was a pet character. Ep. VIII really set it up to where there would be no need to have Ahsoka around anyway. Luke is the figure that lays the path for the Order to be restored in its rightful form and Rey spreads his 'gospel'. I don't feel like a character from the old Jedi Order would fit.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    (I never get tired of this picture)
    [​IMG]

Somewhere along the line Rey had to have been taught the Jedi ways before that encounter with Luke. Through now we still don't know how she could already use the mind tricks and even wield the saber in TFA.

teamhansolo likes this.
  4. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    There's simply no good explanation for that, it's just poor storytelling.

5. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    It is something that isn't explained real well. Though to be honest I feel her being forced to survive on her own since she was a little kid is a far better explanation for her being able to use her powers than Luke suddenly being able to blow up a Death Star after only one short lesson on the MF with Obi Wan.

6. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    He's able to blow up the death star because he's a good pilot and a good shot, and because he does what Obi-Wan tells him (letting go and trusting his feelings). Luke is only using skills he's had for a while, with the added bonus of knowing the Force can guide him. What's the explanation for Rey knowing how to do a Mind Trick, or even knowing it's possible, despite having never heard of it?

7. jamminjedi23

Feb 19, 2015
    It's called its a gift and she is a prodigy. Same way some athletes are able to do things with ease (without seemingly being taught how to do them) that very few others can do. No different than any other type of prodigy can somehow excel at something despite never seemingly being taught how to excel at it.

Luke was a prodigy. Rey is a prodigy. But I completely buy Rey being able to do what she did more than I do Luke given that Luke had a much easier upbringing than Rey did.

8. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    The Jedi Mind Trick is infamous. Even a random junker in Mos Espa (Watto) knows of it. She also reversed Kylo Ren's mind invasion and gained some of his knowledge. The force awakened strongly in her. Enough to catch Kylo, and even Snoke off guard.
    This is also all completely off base...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  9. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    I really don't see what the upbringing has to do with it.

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I don't see any reason why Ahsoka couldn't be in episode 9? The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that she should be.

But it all boils down to the story. If the story calls for her to be in it, then she will be.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Mandalorian Riddler

Mandalorian Riddler Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2018
    I feel it would be good to give her a cameo/small role in live action before going further :p

12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I doubt that Happens in 9, maybe Kenobi, I'm sure it will happen but it's difficult to have a main alien in star wars movie. But i see great aliens in marvel and hope Star wars can use more aliens in future star wars movies. I want a ashoka with only aliens no humans but that likley won't happen. best hope for suportive character for the aliens. I'ts easier with aliens who look more humannoid like Thrawn and Snoke. if we get aliens as main i think it will be trough cg.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Why does Ahsoka have to be in a movie with only aliens? Was Anakin an alien? Was Obi-Wan? In reality, the only non-humans she could relate to were her own species.

14. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018

For anyone interested

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's cute how she has the two Ahsoka Funko pops in front of her :)

Mandalorian Riddler likes this.
  16. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    That was a very impressive interview. I already had major respect towards her, but after listening to her story, wow, she had to really work at it to get where she is now.

17. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's only slightly off-topic, but I'd recommend at least borrowing her book, "Her Universe" from your local library. I bought it and had her sign it during her tour in NY.

teamhansolo likes this.
  19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Could be good news.

teamhansolo and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  20. Mandalorian Riddler

Feb 27, 2018
    Can't wait... I really really hope we get something

RaptorMusic and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Looks like we got our 5th member. :)

I went ahead and heeded Todd's advice and started a private conversation with the 5 of us who have signed up. I'll volunteer to be team captain, and we can go from there.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Darth Valkyrus and RaptorMusic like this.
  23. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
  24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    You know, an origin story, covering whatever mission Plo Koon happened to be on that took him to Shili in time to chance upon a certain little toddler who had the unusual ability to see things before they happened... and the subsequent bringing of her to the Order, would be kinda neat.

Ahsoka was found and inducted into the Jedi Order about a year before the Naboo crisis IIRC. At this time Qui-Gon Jinn was still alive and Count Dooku was still a Jedi. It's a time period we've hardly seen covered at all, it would be interesting to get a look at it.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    There was actually an interesting story involved in how Plo first went out to "recruit" Ahsoka as a youngling; when someone else was looking to kidnap her on Shili but she recognized him as a fraud and was saved by Plo. It was touched briefly in the Ahsoka novel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

RaptorMusic likes this.