main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I got all I needed from the movies. Palpatine was a bull**** master. It happens.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Your version is banal and boring as hell. It's just Tarkin vs Ahsoka with a predictable ending.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  3. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    To be honest your both right in JMO. The Sunset ending should not have happened but Tarkin V Ahsoka is boring and predictable (same way Rebels is :p)

One thing that could have been done from the get go was have Anakin and Ahsoka on Courscant, when the bomb went off. At least that way there was at least a loose reason for the Jedi to suspect her.
    Another issue was Barris and her motivations (there weren't any as far as I could see) and not simply use her because she had interacted with Ahsoka and been on screens 3 seasons ago and there was no one else even remotely similar they could use.

Valairy Scot and Darth_Pevra like this.
  4. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Yes, I am not sure if the added betrayal by Barriss served any purpose. It could have been another named Jedi character.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    What other named Jedi characters are depicted as Ahsoka's friends? And are not present in ROTS?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Like I said, "I am not sure if the added betrayal by Barriss served any purpose". Why does the culprit need to be friends with Ahsoka?

Davak24 likes this.
  7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree, the culprit does not need to be friends with Ahsoka. In fact it would be better if he or she were not.

As far as boring...I did not find Ahsoka vs the Jedi interesting. More like hamfisted and annoying.

Valairy Scot and Davak24 like this.
  8. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    The other thing that the arc did was highlight Anakin's beginning frustration with the Council that actually helped to somewhat develop what we saw in ROTS IMO. This was indicated by his outburst at the Council's decision for expelling Ahsoka. Also, it started to sow seeds of doubt in Anakin in the Council's decisions. I really don't see how you can say that the films gave you everything you needed, when his unhappiness with the Council's decisions in ROTS had pretty much no build up where TCW actually tried to show this. Of course this is all IMO and I haven't watched that TCW arc in some time.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I didn't need any buildup, he was already at loggerheads with the Jedi Order in AOTC. Even prior to 2008, I never felt his frustration with the Council came out of nowhere.

10. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    As someone who did, that arc and his connection with Ahsoka altered how I perceived ROTS.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    ...which goes back to my earlier point about needing a particular POV--not one that I have--of the PT Jedi and how/why they fell in order to enjoy that arc.

There was nothing there for people who see Star Wars the way I do.

12. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I can understand the reasons why you blame Ahsoka for the perception, but you also have to recognize that at the time Anakin felt similarly. ROTS explained pretty well IMO why the PT ended up meeting their Jedi.
    Cool, but can you at least see why and how it changed by perception of Anakin through his relationship with Ahsoka and how it developed Anakin's character more thoroughly?

13. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    For the "betrayal" bit.

Kablob said it best:

14. Jedi_Kenobi32

Jedi_Kenobi32 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I like anakinfansince1983 's alternate fugitive arc idea. Yes it's a more straightforward/more predictable way of doing things but it also makes more sense. After all how could the Council even suspect Ahsoka when she was off planet at the time of the terrorist attack? I know others here have already mentioned that little issue but still.

I prefer that Ahsoka left because she lost faith in the Republic (which is about to turn into the Empire) rather than the Jedi Order itself. I mean I don't have a super huge issue with the arc's ending but yeah I would have made that small change.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yes, I get that it added that aspect.

As far as Anakin--yes, he felt similarly, but he was immature and not exactly justified, and most people knew it.

cwustudent likes this.
  16. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Screw that.

Madame Liberian wasn't in ROTS. And interacted positively with that Fulcrum character before So by that logic, and Davey's fanfiction desires, she should've been the bomber.

Edit: I hope Ahsoka gets what's coming to her this season.

Remember everyone:

"Justice is balance." --Master Qui-Gonn Jinn

hairymuggle likes this.
  17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    "The Jedi abandoned her-except for her Master, Anakin Skywalker." As if the Jedi washed their hands of Ahsoka and moved on. The bold language I think supports your argument about a particular POV and Filoni's Palpatine's campaign to sway public (and fan) opinion.

[​IMG]

Cred to starocean90

18. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Good God Filoni. Is she your dream girl?

19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
  20. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    There's a link under the pic to the original post.

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you. :)

22. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    I can't get over how impractical it is for her to hold her lightsabers that way. :rolleyes:

23. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    Two words: Galen Marek

24. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't it go all the way back to Jedi Power Battles, with Adi Gallia?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    No idea. Never played it.