main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    She's been fighting the Empire ever since? Not even a little breakdown? Not even a little "screw the galaxy"? Not even a little "I lost my path and need to find it again?", but instead straight to business playing the Jedi? Oh Filoni, you're letting me down.

Thinking of all the fine stories that could have been told in the time-frame between ROTS and Rebels. All wasted. Dang it.

Trebor Sabreon and Hyrum_Solo like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Wookieepedia certainly cites it as the source for Adi Gallia using the reverse grip, in the Shien article. And there's an even older example - the villain in I, Jedi - though Jedi Power Battles is probably the first video game to depict it.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    ^That's cool.

4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    I think that came from a magazine (?), but it seems like "ever since" may be a little hyperbole by the writer (I have no idea who wrote that article).

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  5. Cacau

Cacau Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2015
    The Council actually didn't suspect Ahsoka on being the bomber but being the one behind the attack thus the one who incited the bomber and provided the bombs. That plus the "murder" on her alleged accomplice plus the flight from the prison plus the dead troopers plus the "alliance" with Ventress should rather be a clear state of facts. One could on the contrary even imply Plo and Obi on getting deceived by their feelings.

Iron_lord and Valairy Scot like this.
  6. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    For instance?

If she hasn't reconnected with Lux, that could be interesting. He probably never found out what happened to Dooku.

7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Like her going cynical bounty hunter and only caring about fulfilling her jobs, until one day one of her marks turns out to be a Jedi. She is now confronted with her past and can't flee from it anymore.

For example. There are many stories to tell about a jaded Ahsoka.

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Sounds far too like Cade Skywalker to me.

Jedi Knight Fett and spicer like this.
  9. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That's because the EU has already done almost every plot that is possible in the SW universe. A story can be told from different angles.

Otherwise something like Rebels shouldn't even exist because SF ensemble series have been done a lot.

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Aside from Cade, "jaded ex-Jedi bounty hunter finds themselves taking a bounty on Jedi" is a pretty rare plot. Offhand I can only think of one other example- Lune Divinian:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lune_Divinian

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I just went with "Bounty Hunter" because of the Ventress connection. Like I said, there are a lot of other possible plots - and jobs - for Ahsoka.

12. Cacau

Cacau Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2015
    I'm convinced that Ahsokas first venue would be Onderon and Lux since he's with Riyo her only friend outside of the Temple and Riyo lives on Coruscant, the place where Ahsoka highly probable want to get loose from. That matches insofar good as I had the strong feeling that the Onderon story wasn't over already. Saw's last words at Ahsoka were like "Oh will you just shut up?". Can imagine quite good that he blames her and Lux for Steela's death to cover up his own guilty feeling. Steela's death is a good keyword: A perfect Jedi would have felt the shot coming. Ahsoka did not and has to live with it.
    Also interesting: On Steela's mourning ceremony Obi-Wan spoke to Anakin from Ahsoka as their Padawan. If the producers chose this sentence deliberately?

Iron_lord and Darth_Pevra like this.
  13. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    [face_thinking]
    You know what I am thinking now? If Vader wants to lure out Ahsoka, it would be the easiest to hurt her friends. Lux, the Onderonians and so on. As we've seen in TESB, Vader likes to use the compassion of his enemies against them.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  14. Hyrum_Solo

Hyrum_Solo Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 1, 2015
    How does Ashoka trust Rex already if she needs the Ghost crew o find him? :confused:

15. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    TCW

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

Here is another one.

How does Ahsoka even know that Rex is alive or willing to work with rebels?

its been 15 years and a lot can change.

17. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013

Order 66

18. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I like to think Ahsoka became a sassy bartender shortly after she left at the end of season 5.

19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ashoka even from the images/animation reels they released of TCW Legacy does not show a "jaded" Tano, she seems to be herself and still in touch with her former bosses and her do-good Jedi lifestyle. All this time later it does not appear she gave up on the Jedi or republic . Seems likely Storygroup is following through with Tano's would-be plotline that carried her through past ROTS in the later seasons of TCW and possibly also the original ideas for a spin-off series.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So she's the Pollyanna of Star Wars then? Ugh.

Darth_Pevra and Davak24 like this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    A Sith Lord, the Emperor and an ex clone walk into a bar....

But seriously I'd love it if that was what Ahsoka did after she left. She'd be awesome at her job.

22. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Everyone would be compelled to give her good tips.

23. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Ashoka was brought back in a nice way. I think her design is pretty damn good. Her attire is a good fit for someone of the old Jedi Order and days before the Empire. She is expressing herself in it as well. Not sure though why they seem to have her with a constant serious expression. Wish that was changed. It's one thing to have a difficult past, but she seemed to be a fun person. Think that needs to be looked at.

It would be nice to see a background on pretty much all the characters! Kanan, Sabine and Hera in particular.

Also with Hera, couldn't they outfit her a little more like Ashoka? I don't understand those baggy trousers? Doesn't seem cultural to a Twilek, nor the attire of a pilot of a starship. I could understand if they were undercover on a mining facility, but as everyday attire, it seems out of place. Never seen anyone wear such things in the OT or PT. Could they have Hera more like Princess Leia in ESB or like Ashoka?

Does look good!

24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    DarthTalonx

Please don't go off topic in the Ahsoka thread to talking about Hera's outfit. We have a thread specifically for Hera.

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/hera.50018550/

Anyway back to Ahsoka. I wonder if Ahsoka will ever talk about what she did following her leaving the order? I mean, she could just mention something about it in passing.

25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    She became a professional wrestler under the name Fulcrum.