main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Unless they are not going to have Ahsoka put up a decent fight against Vader, then yes, she does need to curbstomp 5Bro and 7Sis.

And Ahsoka hasn't hung around the Ghost crew all season, so they have had to deal with whatever threats without her swooping in to fix it- so I doubt that will change.

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    And here I thought the story was about the Ghost Crew rather than Ahsoka's fight with Vader. THAT should be the focus and not that a side character looks good when battling Vader. I stand to my opinion that it makes no sense to deconstruct your own villains in such a fashion that they get curbstomped, not when they're still supposed to be threatening.

As for Ahsoka, I'm starting to feel that smuggler-Ahsoka would have been far better than what we got. She could even have had a confrontation with Vader (but since she is no Jedi, he wouldn't have to kill her).

3. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Considering she hasn't even shown up since Relics, I would say the focus is still very firmly on the Ghost crew. However, I don't see how her having a confrontation with Vader somehow trumps all the other character's stories, or why bother bringing her in if she's not going to do a **** thing? Background/supporting characters can have arcs too ya know.

And 7Sis and 5Bro are still threatening to basically the entire Ghost crew, that hasn't changed at all.
    Vader is going to try and kill Ahsoka if she was a Jedi/smuggler/accountant/whatever. It is the connection to his past he wants eradicated.

4. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    The Imperials on the show were a joke anyway, even before this. So Ahsoka beating them isn't really that much of a problem after they have already been outwitted by space Aladdin. Hell there's more honour being beaten by a fully trained Jedi than say Sabine who seems be able to defy gravity and have super duper armour that no one else has, because...reasons

Also a season and a half in and the anticipation is to see Ahsoka meet Vader, that's pretty damning of the writers in jmo. It would be like watching ANH (since they are copying this) and the highlight just being Vader v Obi-wan and no one caring about Luke or Han etc.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  5. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    They could’ve easily done this episode toward the end of the season, right before Vader showed up. You know, after the Inquisitors had given the ESB to the Ghost Crew and then, that would make sense to bring Ahsoka in and finish them.
    It just doesn’t make sense to bring Ahsoka now, in the middle of the season, before the villains had even a chance to prove themselves. If the show had other threatening villains, it wouldn’t be a problem, but it doesn’t. Stormtroopers are in incompetent, imperials and dumb and the Inquisitors are weak. And Vader is not even the Ghost Crew’s villain, he’s only a guest villain for a side character.

6. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Are people still hilariously misinterpreting everything about Ahsoka and her portrayal in TCW and Rebels in this thread?

Yep.

7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    La Calavera

Couldn't agree more with you.

Right now it seems like she brought in because of the Vader fight. It appears as if she has little to do with the actual plot in season 2.

And for some reason they decided to turn her into Super-Ahsoka, which makes using her all the more difficult. Heck, she could even be a permanent crewmember if they turned her powers down and made her more of a damaged character.

Where does this silly idea that Vader tries to kill everything that reminds him of the past come from? He neither tried to kill Tarkin or Palpatine or the clones that still serve him.

The truth is that we don't know what would happen. Maybe he kills her, maybe he doesn't. Will she appeal to him? How will he react? That's tension right there. Not every confrontation needs to be a battle, even in Star Wars.

You are not wrong about what you are saying, but I'm trying to remain constructive. It hurts me that Ahsoka is misused because it is a character I came to adore in TCW.

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Quite the contrary, the fact that they keep teasing us about that fight over and over again makes me believe they are pretty aware of the anticipation about it, but that's not the reason I am watching it, I love Vader but I would like to know about Ezra's parents, there is a lot of potential with that storyline so I hope they don't waste it, another Sabine and Hera episodes and of they promised an episode about Chopper so I'm definitively looking forward to see it. Not to mention an episode dedicated to agent Kallus where he could be competent, hopefully.

9. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    Ugh, I hate that idea. Vader at this point is over the post-ROTS depression. If he wants to kill Ahsoka it should be because she's a rebel and a jedi.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Misinterpreting?" So there is a "correct" interpretation of her role in both shows that we are all "supposed to" share?

I still watch Rebels for Kanan and Hera and Sabine. I still don't care if stormtroopers get killed easily or if Agent Chops gets easily outwitted. Ahsoka jumping in to "save the day," however, makes the show enjoyable only for those who watch it just to see Ahsoka save the day or get into a good lightsaber duel.

DurararaFTW and cwustudent like this.
  11. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Tsss what, is she a squirt gun or sumthin? Tsss

/Chip

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    It came from Filoni himself, who has said Vader won't want to be reminded of his past life. Or put simply he chose the least interesting confrontation imaginable and is running with it.

I don't see why Vader can't be conflicted like how in the 1st Force Unleashed game with the Voice actor (forget the name) really playing up the regret in Vaders voice "he is dead then" when he sees Starkillers corpse.

I don't see why Vader would kill Ahosoka but it's not something he really wants to do. It's not like Kenobi where he wants revenge for being burnt and put in the suit. This is his pupil after all. Maybe have him regretful that she didn't join him.

La Calavera and Darth_Pevra like this.
  13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Agree with you on Kanan and Hera. They could keep those 2 for the show and kill off the rest and I would not care.

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Except for Obi who let him burn alive, Vader is not that cold when meeting people that meant something to him. Like his confrontation with Padmé at the end of ROTS (the scene had some badly written parts, but I agree that it should be emotional) or when meeting Luke in Empire. I just watched Empire. The way his voice quivers when he is speaking, he appears really unhinged, you can hear clearly hear the emotions in James Earl Jones perfect delivery.

I don't know why Filoni would think that Vader would be ice-cold in a meeting with Ahsoka, that's atypical for him.

La Calavera and fett 4 like this.
  15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I think Vader would definitively hate Ahsoka, not the same hate he has toward Obi-wan, but one born from the betrayal he felt when she decided to walk away and because of that, I believe he thinks their relationship was a lie or even a failure. I don't even believe he would want her as an apprentice either because the big difference between her and Marek/Luke is that they don't know who was Anakin Skywalker and she did, he couldn't hide behind his mask and remember when he said "That name no longer means anything to me!", IF he does want to take her as an apprentice it would be for killing the emperor and taking his place because he is a Sith not for some kind of affection he would have for her.

ColemanKcajFTW likes this.
  16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Didn't Anakin blame Ahsoka for leaving in the Utapau episodes?

cwustudent likes this.
  17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Yes, he said that her place was with the Jedi, and she was wrong for leaving.

18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Thanks. I wouldn't be surprised if he brought that up to her when they finally do meet again.

19. La Calavera

Sep 2, 2015
    I don’t think Anakin held much grudge against Ahsoka for leaving, he understood her decision. When he talks about it in the Utapau arc, it felt pretty clear to me that the conservation was all about him and his repressed feelings against the Jedi, and he wanting to know how would Obi-Wan feel if did the same as Ahsoka. I believe the only reason why Anakin never left the Jedi Order sooner was because he was still somewhat loyal to Obi-Wan. But by ROTS, his loyalties laid firmly with Padme and the Republic.

Therefore, regarding Vader vs Ahsoka, I could see Vader regarding Ahsoka as a traitor, not because she left the Order, but because she is now helping the rebels and is hanging out with the jedi. He would view her actions as against the Republic/Empire, and against him. A betrayal. Similar to when he choked Padme for turning against him.

(However, even though Vader choked Padme and regarded her as a traitor, his first question when he came out of the operation table was still “Where is Padme?”)

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Darth_Pevra like this.
  20. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Oh he will definitively use her guilt over what happened against her. That would compensate against his physical disadvantage.

At some point in the Utapau arc, he asked Obi-wan how would HE feel if Anakin becomes a disappointment, that implied to me that Anakin somewhat saw Ahsoka as some kind of a disappointment.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  21. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Hell no. You can believe and watch what you want. I don't care about that. I just think a lot of you should reevaluate Ahsoka's character arc and Filoni's purpose for her character.

Ahsoka Tano is not my favorite character in Star Wars in general or even The Clone Wars. But that doesn't mean I don't want to see how her character ends up. And I believe there are a lot of very good reasons behind her skill that doesn't involve the words Mary or Sue. I think Tano has had a natural growth as a character.

22. moonjump05

Dec 14, 2013
    Which do you want? First she was taking away all focus from the Ghost crew and now she has nothing to do and would be better off as a permanent member of the crew?

????
    Tarkin doesn't know, suspects, but that is not the same. The clones don't know either. Palps is his master, if it was so easy to kill him he wouldn't need the push from Luke. Also Palps knowing who Vader is gives him all that power over him, it is the reason Palps can sit there and manipulate Vader for twenty years.

Sure, but a lightsaber battle is probably one of the very few givens.
    I would like Ahsoka to show up more, but that is not something everyone wants and I wouldn't go so far as to say misused.

23. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I would like it to happen as well as Ahsoka finding out about Vader is more interesting than Space Aladdin redoing Luke's story and outwitting the Empire for the billionth time.
    And don't worry if that's not what others like. They can speak for themselves and you should not be ashamed simply for having your own opinion.

moonjump05 likes this.
  24. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    So do you think she was lying when she said the Sith Lord eluded her? I'm now certain that she knows she is just in denial.

25. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I want a coherent plotline for the crew, not focus on sideplots that only influence side characters. If that means making Ahsoka a main character and member of the crew, well, I'd be okay with that.

Not really hard to understand.

What does it matter that they don't know? I thought it was about Vader not wanting to be remembered of his past.

Her character is bland as well as her story. I liked her in TCW but what are her appearances worth when she comes across as a dullard?

DurararaFTW likes this.