main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I don't think she comes across that way at all; we hardly ever see her and she isn't going to be the same person she was during the Clone Wars. She's more serious, cautious and cold; but we honestly don't know what's happened to her in the past fifteen years.

Having a couple episodes focused more on her character would be nice, but I'm not expecting it anytime soon.

moonjump05 likes this.
  2. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I am fine with a couple episodes about her and what she is doing but the show's focus must remain on the Ghost crew like it was repeated.

3. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Of course yeah, I'm not saying that they should take their focus away from them since they are the main characters and Ahsoka is now secondary; but it would be cool to see Ahsoka doing more investigating on the Inquisitors/Vader or working with other Rebel groups we have not seen yet.

4. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Well, I don't think she found out any more concrete evidence that Anakin is Vader. But I agree that she must be in denial at this point.

Darth_Pevra

And a coherent plotline for the crew and sideplots are mutually exclusive how? In fact, I'd go so far to say that the sideplots help worldbuild and flesh out those side characters so that they aren't just there in the background.

Because, tbh Ahsoka is not a main character. The Ghost crew are. I don't think that is changing.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    The last thing I want is more Vader investigation. What's so interesting about her investigating something we already know? I thought she already knew in SOL and was miffed when they turned the dial back. Is she going to faint again when she finds out for real?

See, a good show would make her investigate a dark secret that we the audience don't already know! Like for example first season Orphan Black.

cwustudent likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka probably won't believe he's Vader until they are face to face and she can sense that he used to be Anakin.

Darth_Pevra

Ahsoka's in denial at this point about Vader. I don't believe she actually thinks Vader is Anakin. Her investigating him and the Inquisitors could be interesting if done right. She could also be on the lookout for force sensitive babies the Empire wants to kidnap.

7. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I would like to see other rebels group, I'm still hoping to see one with morally ambiguous interests one day. [face_praying]

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  8. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    "If done right?" Not going to happen. So she'll investigate him and then we witness the final realization of truth ... for the second time.

The whole Ezra parents thing has more potential to it, hope they don't mess it up.

darklighter99

Read battlefront twilight company. Now!

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That would be good. I'd like to see Onderon again myself.

They've been doing a better job with this season and in recent episodes then the last. Don't forget, this is the same team that wrote the Clone Wars.

10. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Quite the contrary, as far as I see it this season has been a step down from season 1, despite starting so well with the première.

11. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007

The final few episodes of season one were the best... Empire Day, and Call to Action in particular.

12. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    I'll consider buying it but I want to see it on-screen, in the movies and TV series we barely get to explore them since they are basically red shirts but I'm still optimistic.

What would you hope for Ezra's parents storyline? I'm thinking they are either inquisitors or they have something inside their head like Tseebo that makes them crazy.

13. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Right well, getting back to Ahsoka; I'd like to see her advise other Rebel groups or get the Ghost Crew to work with different Rebel groups that may or may not have the same morals as they do.

14. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Manchurian agents would be nice. But they got multiple options to explore.

15. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Being surprised about the Anakin=Vader reveal is about 30 years too late at this point, but is probably why we aren't actually seeing the investigation on screen as well.

16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Hmm wasn't going detective what got her kicked out of the Jedi Order?

17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    That doesn't fill me with confidence. Four episodes in a row devoted to... [face_sick] character development, and an obviously contrived episode for Filoni Super'Soka to show off. (And I wasn't impressed.) At least Rex has helped develop some of our main characters. Super'Soka hasn't done that at all, not once. She's just around, and I don't like it. I have expectations for the second half of S2: use Super'Soka to develop our main characters or get rid of her. Scratch that first part - just get rid of her.

PS Onderon, sure - only if no Lux. I don't want to watch Our Lady of the Force rekindle a romance.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh god, Onderon. That love quadrangle was too much.

19. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    That was definitively the worst part of it.

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    cwustudent

Ahsoka being more skillful isn't too far of a stretch though. I mean it's been fifteen years so we really don't know how much she's trained on her own. I get where your coming from though, and I don't want her to be overpowered either.

I agree no Lux.

21. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    TheSilentInfluence
    My problem with Super'Soka is less to do with her superpowers, and more to do with her purpose. The writers promised that the main characters wouldn't be overshadowed by other characters that are brought in. Supporting characters must support and develop the main characters. Super'Soka hasn't done that yet. She has quite literally stolen the spotlight.

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    In the last episode sure. But she hasn't been around much either. The main focus isn't her so much, but the Ghost Crew.

23. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Lux was only half the Lunacy. The other half was the concept that Ahsoka would train what would eventually become the Rebel Alliance.

24. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    ...and how they're helpless without Super'Soka. It wasn't just Future of the Force, but also Fire Across The Galaxy. I don't have the stomach for a third Deus Ex Machina moment.

(I didn't tag you, STI, bcs you needn't be notified every time I complain about Ms. Tano.) :p[face_peace]

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Fire Across the Galaxy was fine. I gave that episode a 10/10. This one was just bad.