main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    That figure has been so hard to find. Kanan and ANH Luke, in the same wave, were easy by comparison, and the distro on those has been terrible. But Ahsoka's been subject to stupidly inflated prices all over the Internet, and I've never seen her at retail, not once. Maybe Hasbro will reissue her (not before the Rogue One merchandise they won't), but until then, looks like this will be one of those rarer, must-have figures.

For us, of course she is must-have.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Devizz

Devizz Jedi Master star 3

Apr 30, 2014

There already is a gentle giant young TCW Ahsoka figure. I want a really high quality Rebels Ahsoka and Rebels Vader. :(

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Going back to Todd The Jedi's 1st post here is how I feel about Snips..............

AT is the best SW charecter ever created who should of never of bin created.

Or the very least she should of died rite b4 the events of ROTS. This sounds like hate but it's not.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    :rolleyes: I'd rather talk about the figures.

5. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Sorry, didn't read all the posts.

I like the "poncho" version.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

No need to apologize. My post wasn't really meant to be taken seriously. It's just that sometimes opinionated posts escalate into banter, and then things get too heated for the mods to ignore.

But getting back to the current topic, that poncho version was the first Ahsoka figure I bought. Bought it a few years ago off of eBay.

Skydoll likes this.
  7. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    Well, everyone's got their opinions about timelines and how things should've gone... now that there's an actual Story Group (note my use of CAPITAL LETTERS) headed by Pablo Hidalgo at Lucasfilm I think things'll get a lot more cohesive. That is, if there's a definite ending for a character, like Han Solo, in a movie there won't be much of a way of refuting that. Unless he comes back as a ghost or something. As it is, Ahsoka's fate has been left ambiguous, which I'm thankful for. I'm not ready to say goodbye to her yet.

Back to ponchos...

I don't have that poncho fig, but I think I'm going to have to get it. I have a bunch, but the first one I ever bought was that spacesuit one which I got in a store before I even knew who the character was - I hadn't begun watching TCW yet. I just liked the look of her. I do that, sometimes. I didn't know, back then, that she'd become one of my favorite Star Wars characters. (OK, maybe my most favorite. Up there with Han and Leia, certainly.)

8. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Much has been made of a possible live-action Ahsoka movie or at least an appearance. I have to say it's something i'm very skeptical off, the anthology movies seem to be taking established concepts and characters from the OT i don't see anyone from the PT, TCW, Rebels or anything from the EU getting its own license.

At least for now that is,the first wave of movies may just be to get something to get OT era fans but i unless we some announcements it looks like it's all OT stuff. As for a live action Ahsoka daniel-morpheus has created a spectacular realistic example of such a thing if it ever was to happen.

[​IMG]

9. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Hmmmmmmm I don't think a L A Tano movies will work. Will people complain of "orange face"? Keep her animated.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The argument over Ahsoka appearing in a live action movie could easily be translated from having Maul appear in one. He was only re-canned into the SW universe in TCW; otherwise he'd still be split in half at the bottom of a mechanical pit on Naboo.

11. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Like I said in another thread, even though the scenes were deleted, Shaak Ti made it to live action, so it can be done.

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Shaak originated as LA in AOTC. Then she appeared animated in the Micro Series. ;)

A better example would be Guardians of the Galaxy giving a prominent role to the green-skinned Gamora. Orange isn't too much of a stretch, especially when there's already Ackbar.

Skydoll likes this.
  13. Skydoll

Apr 27, 2016
    I think orange is the new black.

[face_dancing]

[Runs]

Darth Basin likes this.
  14. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    I find it hard to believe that some people would actually complain about the main character of a movie having orange skin or not being human.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The Thread was created for the polarizing views on Ahsoka good or bad.

I mean I'd rather have that in this thread then in any other thread.
    So do I.

16. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    I have to admit, I am not the biggest fan of the Ahsoka character. Yet seeing her leave the order is pretty sad to watch. Her relationship with Anakin was probably the heart of the entire series. I can't find the words to describe it. Most of the time it felt like a ''older brother- younger sister'' type of relationship. Losing her basically like losing an younger sister for Anakin.

Its more one bridge burned between Anakin and the Jedi Order. Bringing him closer to the dark side.

17. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Well a few people complained of the beautiful dark skined Lapita (spelling?) Reduced to playing an old orange hag.

Edit: not me.

Skydoll likes this.
  18. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Who's Lapita?

19. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Lupita Nyong'o. She is the actress who played Maz Kanata in TFA, behind the motion capture of course.

20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I did say spelling, meaning I'm not sure how to spell it.

21. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    To me, Ahsoka made me enjoy Anakin's character a lot more then the movies did. It allowed us to see a version of Anakin that wasn't developed yet through the movies. It was also nice to see someone call Anakin on his bs. It also showed how much influence he could have on someone because near the end they were almost the same people. I wish we would've gotten more back story from her. One thing I've noticed about the Jedi we've been introduced to is that they all come from a really ****ty beginning. I'm sure there is more darkness to Ahsoka than we know of and she hides it well.

She is in my top three of characters, maybe even top two. She really made Star Wars more enjoyable for me. She hangs out with me at work and I'd upload a picture but I can't figure that out.

22. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Yes I understood, but even with the right spelling I wouldn't have known who it was. Now I see though.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

You had me going for most of that post; up until the part about her hanging out with you at work.

24. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015

Does every hero have 2 have a crappy upbringing? Or something tragic in there lives? One of the reasons I like Darkwing Duck so much is cuz 1 day he was like "Awhhh the heck with it, I'm gonna b a hero!" And yes I'm paraphrasing.

25. Vader'sGoodHand

Vader'sGoodHand Jedi Master star 3

Apr 1, 2014
    Ahsoka's Tano

What's wrong with that? I bought her and Darth in that set. He's here too