main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I hate sand, it's rough and corse and it gets everywhere :(

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Do you know there's more stars in the Universe than there are individual grains of sand in the entire world? Think about it.

fett 4 likes this.
  3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul was never seen hitting the ground or being knocked unconscious at any time(the 8th Bro was visibly seen falling to his death which was confirmed so its not presumed) , while Ahsoka was shown laid out and waking up after being knocked unconscious from the fall, there is clear differences. We also know via the EU/Legends Maul was bright enough to use the Force to break his fall.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Filoni already stated that the 8th Brother died from the fall, he's a goner.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03...hsokas-fate-mauls-return-and-much-more?page=4

But we're talking about Ahsoka with no armor or combat body armor or protective layered clothing getting shot by a laser cannon directly...

[​IMG]

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

If she was really unconscious than she wouldn't have woken up so quickly. And if the laser cannon was shot at her directly, it would've gone through. That's my stance and I'm sticking with it.

5. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    http://33.media.tumblr.com/a09001b8a35af387d948f5c0247e4040/tumblr_inline_n9ha1tab1n1ryejcg.gif

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    There is no "if" thats the whole problem with your theory.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Than leave out the "ifs". She wasn't unconscious after the fall on Malachor and the laser cannon didn't go through her on Onderon.

8. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    To all of you here saying that Ahsoka surviving the blaster bolt on Onderon and her fall on Malachor don't make make sense : how many of you scoffed when you saw Maul alive in TCW? The guy was CUT IN HALF and FELL OFF god-knows how many kilometers and when people knew he'd be back they were like "YAY! MAUL IS BACK!"

Have Ahsoka survive a blaster bolt and a hard fall and everyone goes "God damn Filoni and his plot armors"

Ahsoka/Filoni bashing at its finest.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Trust me, I can't imagine anyone in the forum scoffing at Maul's revival more than I did; but I didn't let it get to me. The only time I respected his place in the series (TCW) was during the Mandalore arc. That was an important storyline to the series, and a turning point.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Except Boga took the brunt of that hit. It's a little hard to tell where Obi-Wan is when he hits the water, but if he's on top of Boga, then his survival makes sense.

But yeah, people live or die under similar circumstances only according to the necessities of the plot. Besides an early concept for the Fugitive arc, there was no way Ahsoka was going to be killed off by the time of S5. Giant blaster hits her? 'Tis a flesh wound. Same blaster hits Steela? She dead, man.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Maul coming back was ridiculous.

I left the show for so long after that that I almost missed Bounty.

Which would have been a horrible mistake.

I remember at the time of seasons 1 and 2, talk was that Ahsoka would die. That definitely changed by late season 3/early season 4 though.

12. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Me. And dozens of others in LACWAC.

You know how I know? I was there. Several people quit watching the show at the very news of Maul coming back.

You have no point here, just more paranoia and delusions of "haters".

13. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Delusions you say? Oh I don't think so. The haters are here and proud to be. If you ask nicely I can even point you to a post in this very thread where someone proudly admit to bash on Ahsoka Tano.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Has it come up since this topic of Ahsoka not getting killed by that cannon came up? I didn't see it.

If not, then yeah, it's paranoia on your part. "Haters everywhere". Where'd you even get Filoni bashing? His name wasn't even mentioned on page 66, and he was only mentioned once on page 67, with no relation to this event.

It's paranoia to be threatened by the existence of so called haters, to the point of making terrible points like the one I responded to. It's delusional to think the criticism in this instance (Ahsoka not dying) is out of proportion, the result of haters, or is "Ahsoka bashing". It was nothing of the kind.

Fact: Maul's return sorta blew up the forum. People went nuts over it. It got a ton of attention and "hate". It got hate all over the JCF, not just in LACWAC. (Lit, PT, and VII) It got it's own thread, full of "hate". It got several threads that had to be locked. I'm pretty sure it was a major reason for a mod losing interest in the show, and leaving the forum, never to return. It was one reason I stopped watching the show for a while, and disappeared from this forum.

Fact: In comparison, Ahsoka not getting killed by that cannon barely received a whisper. It was a footnote in the episode thread, an "oh yeah" that didn't inspire much activity. Why? Because at that point, most people seemed to be resigned to it. It was nothing new. Not just because Maul had already come back, but because Ahsoka surviving such a situation seemed typical, as she had already survived things she should not have survived.

Despite all the "hate" Maul's return received, I really don't remember a single instance of a Maul fan getting upset over it. Maul's fan base doesn't seem to have a portion that gets super upset at criticism or "hatred" of Maul, much less get super defensive over it, zealously taking on the role of Maul's personal defense force.

What's bizarre is that this thread seems to consist of mostly Ahsoka fans who have nothing but positive things to say. At least, it has every time I've opened it since I came back. [Removed]

I just looked over the last seven pages and didn't see a single example of "Ahsoka bashing". So what are you guys on guard against?

15. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    Yeah I never said that. I never even used the word "haters" in the post you responded to. That was you.

He was mentioned on many other posts. Granted it was many pages ago but it was a constant. Many iterations of Ahsoka being referred to as "Filoni's pet", not to mention all the "likes" such posts received.

It's not about feeling threaten, it's about being sick of it. So yeah maybe I'm overreacting or whatever, but I can only stomach so much bashing before I become sick by the mere smell of anything resembling bashing.

I admit that I didn't see it. The only time I went to check on the LACWAC thread wondering what it was the first thing I saw was poor jokes about Filoni. So I stayed away.

Hm. You have a point there.

If Maul fans can stomach bashing, good for them. That's their problem.

Then it was a happy coincidence for you. There has been negative things said here, and not just a few.

[Removed]

Like I said it was more than seven page ago.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The thing about Ahsoka right now is that there's really nothing ANYONE can complain about besides whatever they want to come up with from years ago when TCW was still alive and well. That's why we find it odd that this thread still features the same recycled negative comments only to delegitimize an obviously popular character; one that some could argue is FAR more popular than Maul ever was.

Oh, and by the way Todd the Jedi, the blast didn't hit Steela at all. She died from the fall.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka's Tano and Dorryn :

People are allowed to dislike Ahsoka. That is not against the TOS.

People are allowed to comment that her not being injured by that blast was absurd. Also not against the TOS.

Your constant comments about other people because they dislike Ahsoka? Those are against the TOS.

If you persist in calling this an "Ahsoka Haters thread" despite Todd explaining more than once the contrary, and you have decided that you "cannot stand the smell of it," don't lurk or post here.

You are not allowed to drag up posts from "more than seven pages ago" in order to stir up drama or tell people how they are or are not allowed to perceive a character.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  19. Dorryn

Jan 24, 2015
    What are you even talking about? Nobody claimed that it was.

And nobody is stirring up drama, that's just you being paranoid. Yes I'm calling you paranoid. CT was allowed to call me paranoid so I'm allow to call you paranoid, if you censor me logic demand you censor him too.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    A note to everyone: This thread is veering wildly off-course and getting personal. There is certainly evidence of users baiting one another, ignoring the "posts, not posters" policy, mini-modding and more. That's ample cause to lock the thread.

Also, there is a rule (#6) under the Bans and Moderator Interaction section of the Rules of the JCF which allows for "polite" disagreement with mods. Calling out a mod as "paranoid" doesn't rate as polite where I hail from. Note, Rule #6 also prohibits "purposely skirting rules just to see if you 'can get away with it'." 'Somebody said it to me, so I can probably justify saying it to you, too' qualifies as 'skirting' to me.

The short version? Cut the crap.

I don't care what 'side' of the Great Ahsoka Tano Debate someone may or may not find themselves (or where anybody thinks somebody else sits). We're all supposed to be adults here. Play nice or don't play at all.

Final note: The fate of both this thread and the status of your user accounts are in your hands, folks. Get back to the topic of Tano (and not fellow members) and they stay open. Have further questions and are interested in a good-faith discussion about our policies? Take it to PM. Post about it here and enjoy a vacation.

-Sabreon

21. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    If it's the will of the Force and/or enough fans like a character, any of them can survive anything in SW. That's how it works. Ahsoka's story is pretty much concluded now, at least her part in the direct story of the saga - there's plenty of room for her to have adventures off in her own corner of the galaxy, just not involved with the characters we are following.

22. Karl0413

Karl0413 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2015
  23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
  24. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Skydoll and Knight Wolf like this.
  25. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why has death suddenly become so cheap in SW? Or should I say tv, because I don't think the movies, comics or books are in the habit of unnecessary resurrections.