main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    Watto likes this.
  2. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Nice animation and quote, kinda sends shivers...

3. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    That gif is quite well done, for tumblr.

Darth Valkyrus and Watto like this.
  4. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    I just came on here to see if anyone had posted this link! :)

Wish i could go. :(

But I'm looking forward to hearing all the good stuff that gets revealed on it!

5. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Knight Wolf and Skydoll like this.
  6. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Seriously? Death has ALWAYS been really, really cheap in just about every media there is. I mean, Sherlock Holmes himself was totally completely killed off for real no take backs in the original Reichenbach Falls right up to the point when guess what? He came back. And I am sure there are many, many, many earlier examples than that.

Ahsoka is currently Schrodinger's Force-User. She might be alive, she might be dead but until someone goes in to that temple or she comes back out, there is absolutely no way of knowing for sure. And in this particular instance, whatever Filoni says isn't actually definitive. He might consider her alive or dead but until she (or her corpse) makes another canon appearance, it's simply his opinion/

7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    For those going to SWCE
    [​IMG]

8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I kid I kid. :)

Sometimes it almost seems like some of the more... extreme stuff I've seen written, in various places online, and even in this very thread, almost sounds like it would be channeling something like that though. Almost.

9. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes, bringing back the dead is often a sign that a franchise is already going too long and/or in the process of jumping the shark.

fett 4 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  10. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    Not necessarily, it tends to be more about the execution. Sherlock Holmes or another 'never found a body' situation is just about credible, Darth Maul's resurrection after being chopped in half and sent falling down a bottomless pit of doom is just plain not. and is also the only reason anyone thinks Windu survived I mean come on seriously?!

11. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    That's why I said "often", sometimes (Harry Potter), resurrection is even built into the fabric of the franchise. But I can name you a couple of series that went down the drain when they started resurrecting characters. I don't think it has a place in SW.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Bringing back characters because "oops, we didn't realize they were fan favorites", a la Maul and Boba Fett, is a terrible a reason as any.

I'm not crazy about the Schrodinger's Ahsoka phenomenon either. Either kill her or show that she survived. Make a decision.

13. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Hear, hear! (I thought that little play at the end was lame as all get-out.)

But it doesn't matter. I mean, you know darned well Roscoe didn't kill her off. [face_tee_hee]

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    A lot of people have said that, despite all the fantasy, there's some sort of realism to Star Wars (I have a hard time pinning down exactly what it is), there's something that hits home and feels emotionally "real" to them. You know?

Whatever it is, bringing back the dead too often might take it away.

15. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree, I was thinking the same thing in regards to Jon Snow in Game of Thrones. Though I think the blame their, is less the Show runners and more the Author not knowing how to end the show.

Regards Sherlock, Doyle did it but only reluctantly after a huge Fan response to bring him back.
    With Ahsoka it's more the fact that Filoni did it this way deliberately and what's more is proud of it.

CT-867-5309 I would argue that it's less realism and more believability. Would you believe a character would do something, which I think is all personal preference, take Palpatine as an example would he create an Agent to only do good and be a policeman that only fights the bad guys, who is also super important to him. No the idea is proposterus and stupid but some people believe it and the author expects you too. It's the same with the Ghost Crew and Co. The idea they couldn't hit giant Spider eyes at point blank range is simply not believable.

Though I think in Ahsokas case it's none of the above and simply mere cynicism on Filonis part. He is clearly thinking/hoping that a Spin off movie is in the works and this is a nice way of avoiding, well isn't she dead question.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  16. jakobitis89

Jan 27, 2015
    There were plenty of people who wanted to see Ahsoka come back though, a few who think she wasn't even used enough in Rebels. So whilst she may not be universally popular I think it's pretty wide of the mark to be saying Filoni is basically cramming his pet character down everyone's throats. He used probably the most iconic of TCW characters (for better or worse) specifically to highlight than Rebels is a continuation of the same story. That's hardly cynicism.

17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    You misunderstand. I am an Ahsoka fan and do think she was under used. The obvious being her not training either Ezra or Kanan and the whole Clone thing which was beyond ridiculous. So it was not cramming his pet character down everyone's throats that I meant. But the cynicism was undoubtedly there. As said earlier why do you think they are trying bring in any character they can think off onto the show.

The fact that a side character with only 5 minutes of a seasons worth of screen time was the focus of the finale (complete with trailers) while most of the Ghost crew took a day off. Why, because a story about Vader and Ahsoka is simply that much more interesting.! While the is she/is she not dead was in case of a future spin off movie. To think that's not cynical
    After the finale he pretty much more or less admits it in that IGN interview.

Also we were told originally that Rebels was its own self contained story. That was then thrown out the window by the end of S1 why do you think that was ?

Vader'sGoodHand and Darth_Pevra like this.
  18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I like Ahsoka too but I also thought she was crammed into the season. I still don't understand what she adds to the plot, tbh. And because I like the character I wanted her to go out with dignity, a heroic death at the hand of her former master would have been perfect. That she gets a "get out of jail card" twice strains my suspension of disbelief.

missile, iPodwithnomusic and fett 4 like this.
  19. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    The Ahsoka panel at celebration is revealing a lot of new stuff. In particular i wonder what people think of this potential romantic relationship with Nix.;) Perhaps he'll be in the Ahsoka book.

If you want a round up visit the Star wars underworld twitter https://twitter.com/TheSWU

Update the cover of the new Ahsoka novel. Sweet Jesus

[​IMG]

iPodwithnomusic and Knight Wolf like this.
  20. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Lol it looks like the heads been shrunk

21. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    That cover is quite meh. I prefer the other one.

podjazd and fett 4 like this.
  22. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Other than the head of her Lekku being short i think it looks great. It makes her the front and center of attention.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I always thought a pants outfit suited her. But still, I wish they could've used a better depiction. There are some really amazing fanart out there.

24. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    Is that a surprise? Not sure.

Is that a good thing? We'll see.

25. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    On the cover, I prefer that one personally to the other one. Even if her head tails look weird.