main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    He has gone to far!

2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I'm starting to wonder now how much and how many ways he's going to try sneaking the "Ahsoka motif" into Rebels. The S3 trailer already shows that it's become the apparent holographic representation of Fulcrum, or at least an incoming transmission from Fulcrum (kinda like the equivelent of a ringtone in that regard), even though Fulcrum is no longer Ahsoka and in fact appears to now be
    Kallus.

Where else will it show up?

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    This is a very interesting theory regarding the "Ahsoka Lives" argument. Brings something to mind that I didn't think of before. If Ahsoka were to return at some point, and is brought forth to Palps by Vader, perhaps there's one last showdown. Another duel that ends in a draw; but this time Palpatine comes into play and cue the Force Lightning. Sound familiar? For 33 years, we assumed all Vader was thinking of under his helmet while Palps lit Luke up was, "hey wait a minute, that's my son!" Maybe he could've been thinking something deeper than that. That he'd remember this playing out before, but that time it didn't end well for the other one he had once cared about.
    http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/can-ahsoka-tano-survive-the-end-star-wars-rebels

[​IMG]

4. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, that would be basically remaking RotJ just because, no thanks. Plus I remember Filoni answering something that basically said that if Vader brought Ahsoka to the emperor, he would kill her right away because he knows she wouldn't turn, and that one of the reason he wanted to turn Luke was because he couldn't sense the bond between Father and son. Plus, what would be the purpose of hiding Ahsoka when the last thing he said to her was "Then you will die"? That just doesn't add up.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Why would it be remaking ROTJ? Nothing needs to be changed. Unless we see a little bubble balloon hovering over Vader's head with his real thoughts; nothing needs to be changed. If he wanted to bring Vader to Palpatine, it wouldn't change his current attitude towards her; he'd figure if he can't get her to spill her guts about the remaining Jedi, maybe Palps can.

6. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Remaking as in basically doing the exact same scene just with small changes to make it seem different. What worked with Windu/Anakin/Palpatine scene was that it was a moment of choice that have big repercussion with his character, and the consequences of that choice was to turn to the darkside, the last time with the emperor and Luke ended up with him coming back to the light, what major consequences would it make if Ahsoka was another moment of choice? Especially when it has been stated multiple time that Rebels is not about their story and that their presence it has to serve Ezra' story first hence why we didn't see them that much.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I wasn't talking about remaking it in live action; the scene would be in Rebels. As far as the consequences, it wouldn't have to be transparent in the OT as I suggested. It would just add to the importance Ahsoka to Anakin's background. And it wouldn't take away from the Ezra story. It would be a brief moment in the grand scheme of things; just like Rebels reintroducing Maul's character to the story. It's no more about Anakin/Vader and Ahsoka as it is about Maul. Odds are good that we'll probably see Maul well beyond any immediate interactions with the Ghost Crew in Season 3.

8. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Don't you think if he wanted to bring her to Sidious he would have done it in season 2 instead of wanting to kill her? Plus, isn't she already important to Anakin's background since she was his padawan during TCW? How would that hypothetical situation make her even more important than she already is?

9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    This would be silly, hammed up and devalue the RoTJ scene.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    What it would do would be to give Ahsoka's character a resolution. I know some people have suggested Palpatine could've been the one to end her life. This is one scenario where I'd see it fit.

It's too late for that.
    Nooooooooooooooooooo!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think they're adamant that something like that would diminish the films and Luke. Ahsoka gave her best shot, she tried to reach Anakin but their bond was not as great as the bond between father and son following their logic and narraitive. Anything else like what you describe would basically TFU games. Vader was visibly exhausted & wounded following Malachor, I think his ego could be damaged if he was not able to kill Ahsoka nor capture or kill the other Jedi or even Maul(if he knew he was there). Am sure she could've found a usable Tie like Maul did and Vader had to get off the planet somehow. Can we even before sure Vader didnt omit some things to Sidious since Malachor for all intents and purposes was a near complete failure. Maybe Ahsoka went back inside to make sure the Empire or no Sith could salvage any of the remains. I don't see Ahsoka surrendering, as it did no good back in Season 5, plus the Emperor would experiment and torture her for information if he could not turn her .

I think Vader will be still be wanting that Holocron, am not convinced he would just forget it, unless he believed it destroyed but we shall see.

12. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    I think Ahsoka’s time on Rebels is done and as much as I love her character I think that‘s for the best. As other’s have said Rebels is about the Ghost Crew, namely Ezra. And even if they do bring her back she’ll still be used sparingly I think. Ahsoka was a background character who out shown the stars and for good reason: Ahsoka deserves better than minimal screen time. I’m willing to be patient when it comes to a good thing. After Rebels has run it’s course Filoni will be free to pursue other things… like maybe an Ahsoka TV series or mini series or TV movie. I was hoping that during the closing ceremony of Celebration they’d announce what the 2020 Star Wars film would be. Rebels will probably be wrapped by then so possibly Filoni could direct a film about Ahsoka’s adventures (maybe even The Battle of Mandalore) in 2020.

Master Scorpio77 likes this.
  13. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Yeah, I can definitively see an anthology movie focused on Ahsoka a few years down the line, we already have a novel about her in October. If we see Ahsoka again on rebels, like Filoni said, it won't be like we expect and he pretty much debunked the Force ghost theory so I think we could see her in flashbacks, Ezra having visions where he can communicate with her like he did with Yoda in Lothal's Jedi temple.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

IMO, that would be far worse than having her return as a Force Ghost. So all of a sudden she has a special spiritual connection to Ezra? That part would go over my head; considering they barely knew each other. Unless they want to suggest that she is indeed alive; and she's channeling something deep within the Temple to reach Ezra's mind; kind of like Cerebro on X-Men.

15. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    Well, Rebels kind of showed she had a soft spot for Ezra, always smiling to his antics and giving him words of wisdom and that Ezra has a power to connect with animals and people so I don't think it's so far-fetched.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

But Ahsoka isn't an animal. She had a soft spot to Ezra because she saw a little of herself in him. But again, she barely knew him. If Ahsoka had more of a standing role with the Ghost Crew up to the Season 2 finale, I'd be more convinced about her connection with him.

17. Ancient Whills

Jun 12, 2011
    To animals AND people. Maybe she spent some time with them off-screen like that mission with Sabine in the comic and she acted like a supporting character for our rebels because she's no longer a main character, just like the ST is no longer about the old trio but about Rey and Finn, they're still there of course but no longer as the main focus like Ahsoka in Rebels. She's not the focus of the show, that's part of the reason why we don't see what happened to her once the temple closed, because the show is about Ezra's POV, her involvement in the show has to serve Ezra's story first and foremost. But, tbh I don't think they'll use flashbacks. Visions seems more likely, to me at least.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

But we clearly see both Rey and Finn's interactions with the old trio throughout the movie, up to the climax. It's not offscreen, like the suggestion that it could've been with Ahsoka and the Ghost Crew including Era. It's very circumstantial.

19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing Ahsoka in some flashback scenes, but that is about it. I still believe her story needs to be taken elsewhere.

20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Elsewhere like the grave?

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Oh no, definitely not the grave.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  23. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    I like Her alot, but for the good of the Saga, she needs to "sleep".

HighlanderC likes this.
  24. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I would say don't be so concerned with how she is affecting overall continuity by being alive in some way. We can see in Season 3 of Rebels they are highlighting other aspects of the Force (the Bendu) that don't align with the Jedi or Sith, but fall in the middle in more of a gray area. Consider Ahsoka somewhere in there and she won't affect the continuity of the Saga. If there is a good story for her, then they can tell it.

25. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Tano: Bendu Warrior

Sounds good to me!