main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Guess she got the book. Here’s hoping she narrates the audio-version, I’ve always preferred the audio-books when it comes to SW novels. They can add the scores and sound effects from the films. It really adds a lot to the experience.

[​IMG]

2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    I just noticed that the Cover art makes Ahsoka oldish looking, like around 50ish.

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Its definitely interesting.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    What's odd is that the amazon link shows a different cover for the book.

5. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013

It is a preview novel with preview artwork that isn't final. I've only read the Obi-Wan and Anakin young adult novels, but I am going to give the Ahsoka novel a shot since it is going to give some crucial information about Ahsoka.
    Ahsoka's place in the Star Wars community is so interesting to watch unfold. To think most teen and adult fans couldn't stand her when she first debuted. Even some old EU purists like Jensaari1 on YouTube really like Ahsoka. I have grown quite fond of Ahsoka and I am interested to find out more about her. I will say that I hope the Duel on Malachor was her final battle as it would make her relationship with Anakin all the more tragic.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It's debatable on how most fans took to her when she first debuted; but there should be little argument that by the time she left the Order in Season 5, more people jumped on her bandwagon than just about any other new character released in the franchise since Maul in the PT.

Darth Valkyrus and Darth Dnej like this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    If you're referring to Jedi Quest when you say the Obi-Wan and Anakin books, Darth Dnej, those are more like middle grade novels (aimed toward younger teens), while yes, Ahsoka is a young adult novel (aimed toward older teens).

Of course most of those labels are meaningless and do more harm than good and we should ignore them altogether, but if we have to use them, let's at least use the right ones. ;)

8. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just an FYI. As I've suggested in the lit thread on the Ahsoka's "YA" rating, all of the Harry Potter books were YA. Those books were as popular among younger people as they were among adults. If they weren't, no one would've ever heard of J.K. Rowling.

9. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Avatar's probably a better example, since that was sold as the TV equivalent of middle grade, and yet it was hugely popular with people of all ages. We're far from a world where stuff aimed toward younger audiences loses its stigma as being "just for kids", but these examples show we're at least headed in that direction.

10. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Would be great to see artwork like this now with Ahsoka included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Knight Wolf, Sixes and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  11. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Some interesting tidbit from the novel.
    Ahsoka has green lightsabers. That's interesting, so I guess that means she got her white lightsabers sometime between this novel and Rebels.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I posted this in the Literature category.

It would certainly make me very happy if Saw gives any mention - no matter how minor - of Ahsoka in Rogue One. The more you think about it, he really didn't have any significant interaction with the Jedi except for her. Jeez, even something subtle like:

Jyn: I've heard so much about the Jedi. The keepers of peace for the entire galaxy for generations.
    Saw: Yeah, they were a special bunch (he says with a grin).
    Jyn: You talk as if you've met them.
    Saw: The Republic sent a few of them with Clones to assist us on Onderon. Two of them left after the first day, but one, a female Togrutan, stayed with us until we took back our planet.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The YA rating has more to do with Ahsoka's age in the novel than with the age that the book is geared towards. Books in which the main character is a teen or young adult are usually given YA ratings.

But yeah, anyone can read it and enjoy it.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

How old was Harry Potter supposed to be in those last few books? A friend of mine who read them all suggested him and his friends aged up through the end. But it was still considered young adult.

15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    He's 17 in the last one.

I have seen Harry Potter categorized as children's and YA. I have the set in my library and they get checked out; the kids I serve are all younger than 12.

16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well the HP movies are certainly among the children's videos at my library. It should be interesting where they'd decide to put the new Ahsoka book. There's a children's book section and adult section. No in-between.

17. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    Anyone else think this should be Ahsoka's theme song?

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  18. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Not bad. However... I think that one would befit her more in her earlier days. The TCW era.

I've thought for a while now that a pretty good theme song, at least for the more recent period of her life and her interaction with Vader, would be this one:

Stylistically maybe a bit more anger in that one than you'd normally associate with Ahsoka, but some of the lyrical themes in the song resonate pretty well.

Show yourself, show me your face, show me who you really are... With blood on your hands, you are unclean... You cannot be saved... Forgive you? How can I? I can't even forgive myself?... Why would you do this?

Full lyrics: http://www.metrolyrics.com/black-veil-lyrics-straight-line-stitch.html

19. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    I’m curious why you think TCW era fits better? I thought of the Rebels era, “If we believe we can’t lose even mountains will move” sounds more like the up hill struggle of a fledgling rebellion than that of the Republic or Jedi.
    If you liked that song then I recommend checking out other songs by Skillet. I haven’t found a Skillet song that I don’t like yet.

20. Sixes

Sixes Jedi Master star 2

Apr 5, 2016
    Some Ahsoka Anakin concept art.
    [​IMG]

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Skydoll

Skydoll Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2016
    I posted this in the Ahsoka in Rebels thread, but thought it worth putting here too. It has a link to all of the art that Sixes posted above, and there are some interesting comments below the article too.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-art-that-inspired-ahsoka-and-darth-vaders-epic-duel-1786636507

I think it's great that Ahsoka has become kind of talismanic for Star Wars TV. She's not a part of the movie franchise per se - not yet, anyway - but the potential is there. Damn, I love her. I love the way the character evolved in-universe, from snotty brat to resourceful, ethical warrior, and then onto independently-minded Rebel leader. But, as one of the commentators says beneath that io9 article (quoting Filoni), in the real world the character earned respect too. Love her or loath her, it's not easy to ignore her. Maybe that's part of what makes her so appealing.

Revyl Ren and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    When does this book come out again? I have to get my hands on it regardless of my feelings toward Ahsoka.

Anyway I'm interested to see what types of people Ahsoka runs into in the novel and if she reveals who she is to any of them.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The novel comes out in October.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Good. Not to far.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  25. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So going by the new clip from S3, the Owl is connected to Bendu and not the Daughter like we thought. Which makes Ahsoka's fate even more interesting
    Is she a follower of the Bendu now ? Did she pass on into some Bendu afterlife ?[face_thinking]