main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    To my knowledge only Kallus, Ahsoka and Cassian as said in the Rogue one dictionary

2. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Yeah so far only 3 that I know of, supposedly there are many more Fulcrum Agents.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
  4. ForceGhostAnakin

ForceGhostAnakin Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2016
    I agree whoever says that Ahsoka is "For the kids" is giant noob to the Clone Wars era

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    She is there for the core audience to relate to which is kids so ya...

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

By that frame of mind, the "core audience" of the SW franchise in general is kids.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yes a lot of the audience Star Wars is marketed to is kids or just family because that was always George Lucas's intention

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Right, and TCW was even more targeted toward kids. Luke was meant as a more general audience surrogate than Ahsoka, as she was specifically meant to be a teenager/kid surrogate.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Luke wasn't a part of the PT, of which occurred during the TCW era. And no one can tell me that the films were any less targeted towards children than TCW was.

[​IMG]

10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Jar Jar gets such a bad rap.............lol

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean, TPM and ROTJ maybe, the others not so much, especially not ROTS and TESB.

Zejo the Jedi likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I was mainly talking about the PT. The Ewoks in ROTJ made it a little light-hearted, but the overall theme and climax on the Death Star was more mature.

13. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    I don't know how people can say Ahsoka was just made for kids. You think LucasFilm wanted a child's role model to be cutting off people's heads. She was created for all Star Wars fans, any age. Jar Jar Binks on the other hand...

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    she was made so kids/teens could relate to one of the main characters on an age level.

Darkslayer likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Ahsoka didn't mature until the show did. In season 3 she matured both literally and from a character standpoint.

But no, the silliness of that wily Ahsoka and Stinky the Hutt was absolutely designed to appease the 6-11 demographic. Clone troopers and Jedi fighting a vertical battle up a cliff was made for everyone else.

Darkslayer likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Considering Ahsoka as just a character for kids is just another way of putting her character down; simply put. You and I know better, friend. No one can convince me that she was there to cater to the kids. Jeez, I could say the same for a character like Thrawn, who in my mind epitomizes a cartoon character baddie.

daniel brown likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Argue the point, A's T, don't just call people who disagree with you haters. I just illustrated above one reason why it's obvious Ahsoka was originally meant for the kiddies, and I could go on from there.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I didn't say the word "haters". And I can just as easily go on from here regarding Thrawn. I will say it is comforting to know that there are a handful of newbies in the forum who like Ahsoka.

19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    You inferred it though, just like you're inferring that there aren't any older members who like Ahsoka, when that's definitely not the case. Don't let a vocal few color your perceptions. ;)

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Not sure how I could infer that there aren't any older members who like Ahsoka, considering I myself am a veteran here. I was just suggesting that it seems there are more newcomers to the forum who are at the very least tolerant to Ahsoka than not; at least those that post in the TV section.

21. Vegeta Daimo

Vegeta Daimo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 30, 1999
    Vader killed Ahsoka on Malachor in SWRebels, right?

22. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017
    No. There is a really awesome moment between the two of them, and then they both go separate ways.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  23. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999
    Nah, Vader had no problem killing Jedi kids & trying to kill Obi-Wan...I'd be a cop-out if he did what you say with Tano. He looked satisfied after leaving that Sith temple, she died off-screen. They didn't want to upset all her kid fans by showing her impaled on Vader's saber, so I don't expect to see her anymore in Rebels, not even as a force ghost. You reading this Dave? He's here man, let Tano stay dead a hero for insuring the getaway of the Rebel's crew.

24. J7Luke

J7Luke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 30, 2017

Watch from 4:00-4:15, and pay close attention to 4:11.

I agree that she will probably not be back in Rebels anytime soon, but she certainly isn't dead.

Darkslayer and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  25. Vegeta Daimo

Nov 30, 1999
    Hmmm, tiny figure far off in the background of the Sith temple doorway & that bird again...sorta ambiguous. I guess we'll see eventually. I wanted her to be dead but that scene leaves it open, I wonder why I didn't see it the few times that I've watched that episode? Thanks for pointing it out J7.

Darkslayer and J7Luke like this.