main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Pain and Suffering

Pain and Suffering Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2015
    I think they could come up with something. A lot happened in the Clone Wars. Anyway, I just finished watching the first five season of TCW, and this time it kind of struck me that Anakin and Ahsoka don't actually work closely together on missions all that much(and maybe it's just because they're are my two favorite characters in TCW, so I love any interaction between them). But it seems like they tend to get spilt up a lot. It would be cool to have a movie that focused closely on the relationship between Anakin and Ahsoka, and Rex. It doesn't have to be anything really huge, just an adventure/mission with the three of them.

And the Mandolore thing wasn't really what I had in mind. I would prefer a new story set maybe about halfway through the Clone Wars, when Ahsoka is actually still Anakin's Padawan.

J7Luke likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

By Season 5, Ahsoka was "mature" enough to lead her own squads on missions. It was the next step in the suggestion that she was no longer just a Padawan in training.

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    By season 7 / 8 she was mature enough to be promoted to general in the GAR and given about half of the 501st to assault Mandalore. This chronologically is about one year after she left the Order.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    How old was Anakin by the time he became general?

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He was 19, as in canon he was knighted right after AOTC.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    It's interesting to me that Ahsoka's officer's commission in the GAR apparently didn't expire upon her leaving the Jedi Order. I would have assumed that the commission was a special-circumstances thing, conditional on her status as a Jedi - since under the normal run of things, it's not normal for teen girls of high school age to be commissioned military officers. Much less one of high rank, such as a commander. I could see it happening as some kind of special-circumstances thing with the Jedi, in recognition of the Jedi's unique powers and abilities. But I'd have figured if a Jedi quit the order, all bets would be off in that regard.

Apparently not.

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Ahsoka I know had the rank of commander during the Siege of Mandalore. I don't know about general.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  8. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    She was stripped of all title and rank when she was banished, so if she had an official commission during the siege of Mandalore if would have had to be given back to her.

Under normal circumstances it's not normal for teenagers to be sent on the front line of an open war.

9. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Depends on the time and place actually. IIRC in, say, ancient Rome, you could be in the military as young as 16. In the Middle Ages a knight's squire might begin in the mid-teens (after becoming a page much younger) and a squire's duties included going into battle. The British Royal Navy had rather a lot of 12-14 year olds serving as powder monkeys on ships that certainly went into battle. The list gets pretty long; the common definition of "normal" on this subject used to be quite different.

Since SW is specifically not a modern setting, that's not particularly out of place.

EDIT: That said I don't *think* it was ever particularly common for teenagers to have actual noteworthy rank, going back to Valkyrus' post. But then I've always tended to assume the GAR only gave padawans rank in order to prevent confusion/arguments in the event the older Jedi was lost or killed and a mission still needed completing, with no option to wait for a replacement. The policy seems to have been a blanket "you always answer to the people with superpowers."

EDIT AGAIN: Wait, I take that back. Apparently there have been quite a few young commanders in history.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    The structure of the Jedi of SW is pretty explicitly modelled on that of medieval knights... who would take a squire or apprentice from well down in their teens, and who as they gained experience would accompany their masters into battle.

The odd part in SW during the Clone Wars era is how that relates to them being summarily handed officer's commissions in the army. I'm not sure if there is a parallel in reality, with knights of a monastic order being made generals of an army of regular troops.

11. theraphos

May 20, 2016
    The closest I know of off the top of my head - I don't have long to refresh my brain at the moment - is something like the Knights Templar, who started off protecting pilgrims by themselves and didn't have much. Later on someone in the Church was a pretty big fan of theirs and got them some support, and the Knights went on to join up with larger forces in more serious conflicts. (At least until they lost favor because the crusades in general were going poorly, and - at least, so the story goes - the king seized on some convenient probably-false charges and their lack of favor in order to arrest, torture, and execute them to erase his debts. That part, in broad strokes at least, is certainly familiar.)

12. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    There is parallels there I agree.

13. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Jedi and Sith are based on the Shaolin monks and there enemy a rival sect (name escapes me) who killed them all and burned there temple

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  14. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    When I think of the Shaolin Monks, it brings me back to the Wu-Tang Clan.

DARTH-BADGUY likes this.
  15. theraphos

May 20, 2016
    The Jedi are based on several different groups. Also, the Shaolin temple was at various points in history destroyed by bandits, rebels against the Ming dynasty, and (may or may not be pure folklore) the Qing government.

EDIT: According to http://www.chandao.co.uk/why-the-shaolin-temple-was-burned-in-1928.html the Qing stuff is indeed pure folklore. It also adds that there were a number of battles going on in 1928 and a Chinese Christian warlord had the place wrecked (again).

16. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I haven't seen it anywhere else, and apologize if it has been beat to death, but when do we expect to see Ahsoka to return to the story. I know enough to know they have more for her in Rebels, but I haven't heard of any word about when her return may take place, rumors or otherwise.

17. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    Personally, I don't see her making a return to Rebels this season. I could be wrong though. If she is in fact alive (As I believe) then possibly season 4. If not, my guess is that they are going to bring her into another Animated Series.

#3 is the one I am leaning towards the most.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

It's still up in the air.

19. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I'm so, so, sorry.

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015

Don't be sorry, I actually loved the Wu-Tang Clan

DARTH-BADGUY and MrMojoRisin like this.
  21. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Nothing has been said, or even hinted AFAIK. I'm fairly certain Rebels is done with her though. Where and how she shows up next is anyone's guess.

Hell, maybe she'll turn out to be Snoke.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

As if we haven't heard theories like that before; whether serious or joking around.

[​IMG]

23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

Doesn't matter if it get's repeated a lot AT. We don't know who Snoke really is, and it's nice to have funny theories on him once in a while.

24. Jedi Master Scorpio

Oct 24, 2015
    I know the answers you seek my friends :D

25. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    I've got two issues with that statement. One : I wouldn't call that theory "funny" ; two, it gets repeated more often than "once in a while". It might have been funny the first couple of times, but repetition has made it dull.

revan772 likes this.