main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The AIM Chat

Discussion in 'Communications' started by JediJeffro, Jun 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Can things said in it be used as justification for punishments on the boards?

Strilo edit: Edited title for clarity.

GK edit: Locking because it seems this is about a particular incident. The general question has been answered. For any further questions, please send a PM to me or another admin.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    That's not at all what happened and you know it. Starting a thread like this isn't going to do anything good.

EDIT: We only take offsite stuff into consideration when it's "coordinating trolling." And then it's only to show that it was a coordinated effort to come here and cause problems.

3. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    Completely separate situation. I just want an "on the record" answer to this question.

EDIT: That's fine. I just want to hear it from someone more "in charge." No offense.

4. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Things that are said off-site are generally not considered in any type of JC ban action. Mostly this refers to 'typical' flaming, baiting, and so on. The administration reserves the right to act on more serious incidents, such as the coordinated trolling as indicated above, physical threats, or things of that nature.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.