main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC The Airline Disaster Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Mar 7, 2014.

1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I thought someone was parodying JM22, and then I didn't.

dp4m, Point Given and jp-30 like this.
  2. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    ^???

Agreed with the most media that's saying this is most likely terrorism (or something got it). I just can't see it as an accident, or mechanical problems.

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

Why not?

4. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Because it does not add up as that.

I will not use the 804 days argument here, but it is strange.

Where the media is coming from, I think -

This plane, as well as MH370, both had no communication/May day to the controller, and just all the sudden disappeared from radar, which most experts expect a Mayday and wouldn't disappear so suddenly like that.
    This is also a new plane I heard that it's not as likely to have any mechanical problems.
    France and Egypt both are constantly under terrorism heavily, for example Paris attacks last year and Egypt plane bombing last year.

Also... do ISIS and Al Queda always claim responsibility?

If they do, but they don't this time (as well as MH370) it also raise some more questions.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Because you're barking mad.

Did you style the tinfoil hat? If so as what - tricorn? Trucker? Fedora?

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Also 8 March 2014 to 19 May 2016 is 803 days.

7. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    You didn't check the 'include the end date(including May 19)' box.

8. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    i didnt what now?

And even still, why are we entertaining a crazy person?

9. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013

804 days!

How about entertain whether you think the odds/chances (of 804 days, MS804) is that likely, maybe?

10. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    They are reporting now that debris has been found!

11. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
  12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Can we get some LOST memes up in here please?

13. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    With some wreckage and debris having been found, there is a good chance that something of value will soon be found. Today, a screenshot was released showing some ACARS telemetry which indicated the presence of smoke and heat near the cockpit and front lavatory right around the time of the disappearance. The types of bombs which could bring an airplane down wouldn't be so slow as to allow such data to register. It is possible that a slow burning incendiary device was involved, but that could have been too easily put out by an attentive crew. Something of this sort could point to a fire of some sort in or near the cockpit which got out of hand and caused the accident, but as always, we won't know what happens until we can find the FDRs and CVRs.

14. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    How deep is dat part of the Med.? Any Blackbox pings detected?

15. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    No idea as to the depth. And instead of asking a random guy on the internet, perhaps you should keep an eye on the news. You just know that CNN will be just shy of an all out orgasm when they detect anything resembling the FDR or CVR.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Haven't seen anything on BBC News about pings - just that they've found wreckage. They also had the news about the smoke.

17. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    News about this has significantly quiet down the last 12 hours. Haven't heard anything new since that there was smoke alerts. That's 13+ hours ago. CNN is also dropping the coverage of this, last few times I checked. They didn't talk about this story and was talking about other news instead.

Hopefully, they quickly recover the recorders and discover what really happened soon.

If it's as most officials suspect a terrorism/bomb that bought down this plane, then definitely hope that they don't drag on the finding of the boxes for days or a week.

18. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    This may sound shocking but I never had cable or sat.!

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You don't seem to have grammar either.

20. Darth Basin

Aug 15, 2015
    Was I supposed to put a "," in the sentence?

21. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Both CNN and BBC News have reposted debris images posted on Facebook by the Egyptian authorities.

22. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    It is still in the early stages, they only know so much and have likely learned from the mistakes of the non-stop round the clock coverage of MH370 and how that didn't help anything and only worsened their credibility on such matters.

23. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

Probably more to do with no Americans being on the plane, therefore the networks feel like this is a lesser story than President Trump.

24. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998

No Americans were on Malaysia Airlines flight 17 which was shot down over Ukraine and that dominated the headlines for weeks. The primary difference being that the location of the wreckage was known early on and a cause was quickly identified. Searchers have found debris from MS804 which can be helpful in locating the wreckage, but any further news of this will emerge slowly until wreckage is found and a cause can be determined. THAT, is the key reason why there hasn't been much else mentioned in the media.

And no need to append that title upon that cretin unless it has been (wrongly, I might add) given to him in the upcoming election. Now lets try to keep this thread on subject, shall we?

Juliet316 likes this.
  25. Jedi Dragon D

Jan 24, 2013
    Also as a viewer, I would be frustrated as hell if I keep watching continuous media coverage about this, and they still don't have black box yet.