main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The All-New All-Different Marvel Comics Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by a star war, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Now this is a good battle.

starfish likes this.
  2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The same shields she has that allows her to take a hit or two from Thor and Hulk? Womp womp...

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

dp4m and cubman987 like this.
  4. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    Look on the bright side, you get him in the team battle.

dp4m likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Nova (Samuel Alexander) vs. Gamora (Prep)

I love both of these characters. Gamora is the deadliest assassin in the galaxy. With prep time she’s even more dangerous. It’s a scary thought. Then we have Nova. He’s got the power of the Nova Force giving him super strength, speed and durability, plus flight and force fields, etc.

Even with prep time, he’s gonna be hard to land a hit on. But it’s going to a real challenge to land enough hits to actually take him down. Sam is more impressive than you’d think. He’s tanked a hit from Terrax’s axe. That is one insanely powerful weapon. He’s also crash landed to Earth and the Moon and been fine. What kind of weapons can Gamora get hold of with her prep time to even do this much damage?

[​IMG]

His speed to incredible. He’s able to fly between galaxies for goodness sakes. Let’s look at one of the strongest opponents there is - Dark Phoenix. He took Dark Phoenix down with her speed. Will Gamora even be able to land a hit on him with this speed? I’d say so, but he’d be able to land more hits on her, and he certainly packs a wallop.

[​IMG]

I’ll let these crazy feats speak for themselves:

Nova vs. Beta Ray Bill

Nova vs. Kluh (The Hulk’s Hulk) round one

Nova vs. Kluh round two - Hell, he even beats Kluh while seriously injured.

Gamora has a major skill advantage here, but I just don’t think it’s enough to deal with all of his powers and abilities, even with pre time.

Darth Punk likes this.
  6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    1) Nova
    2) Anti-man
    3) Spider 99
    4) Blue Marvel
    5) Kang
    6) Quasar
    7) Hank Pym
    8) Doorman

C’mon puppies

TEEEEEEEAAAAAAMMMMMMMSSS
    [​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  7. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Anyone? Anyone? We have some good matches here.

8. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Leroy Jenkins Jr Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 20, 2018
    Ill get to mine later tonight

9. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Apr 20, 2018
    So.... Preped Blue Marvel vs Graviton

I know virtually nothing about blue marvel in this but he seems to be nothing but an intellegent brute with powers over anti matter which I dont see being much of a factor in this fight and I dont think blue marvel gets anything here with his prep....i cant find anything with him using any sort of prep, he's intellegent but what does he do with it?

On the other hand, Graviton has been shown to do whatever he wants to anyone...no one has been immune to the forces of gravity and nothing in Blue Marvels arsenal can keep him from gravitons abilities and blue marvel might be able to sucker punch graviton quickly but Graviton has survived a surprise attack drop from the hulk landing on him and having a blast from iron man twice as hot as the sun so a sucker punch might hit him but not damage him enough to keep him down and as soon as graviton thinks it, blue marvel will be held in place or flown or whatever graviton wishes and then its game over for blue marvel, i mean graviton has kept every hero in New York air borne before (including hulk, thor, thing, she hulk, wonder man) and can even force vision to fall before him while intangible....I dont see how BM can beat graviton with all that in mind

10. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    beats your ass, that's what
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Apr 20, 2018
    he knew they were coming because they weren't stealthy? anyway i'd be interested in hearing what he would prep for graviton....he doesnt really have much of a weakness

12. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Guess I'll kick it off, since I had ample time to research as we had so little do at work because we're all losing our jobs when the Ann Arbor offices close in a few months. Plus the boss didn't seem to really care how we used the time since... See above.

The location is Department of Parks and Recreation, Pawnee City Hall, Pawnee, Indiana.

Left character starts in Knope's office. Right character starts in Swanson's.

The game continues with two more numbers. Those numbers are 4 and 3 and they are the final numbers

Nova (Sam) vs Gamora (prep)
    So, yeah, at no point did Sam beat or do real damage to Kluh. He didn't really win a lot in much of those scans and even his one with BRB he got smashed till BRB wasn't paying attention, and it seems from reading up on it that Sam got a sucker-advantage and still they just ended up talking. However, he is a superior opponent to Gamora in terms of power. I think she could win if she got close, and no doubt that would be her game plan and she has the prep. Them starting a bit apart helps her with surprise, but her rep preceds and the Worldmind will come into play to help. But then she has good weaponry to create an opening and she's gotten an advantage/beaten Ronan so even though I don't respect Ronan a ton... She's got other stuff here and there backing her. I'll go Gamora but it's close.

Anti-Man (Connon Sims) vs Enchantress
    Enchantress without prep doesn't impress me much and Connor is both crazy and OP.

Spider-Man 2099 (prep) vs Pip *forfeit*

Graviton vs Blue Marvel (maximum prep)
    I spent extensive time on this one between two OP guys. Graviton's power is insane, but it seems in recent years they've used him more and way exaggerated his weaknesses so he can lose to random people. However, his weaknesses (mainly being easily distracted and not being always smart in using his powers... As a plot device so he can eventually lose...) were still there in his days of super crazed glory. BM has a pretty extensive range of power uses and in terms of raw power seems to match Sentry and was able to (albeit in a plot-driven way) beat King Hyperion, as well as being decently close to Anti-Man in power. With maximum prep I think Blue Marvel can come up with a plan to take out the G-Man either by distraction or making him mess up.

Kang (prep) vs Nightcrawler *forfeit*

Quasar vs Maker (Reed Richards)(prep)
    Quasar is OP as heck but yeah, bad matchup against Maker.

Miles *forfeit* vs Hank Pym (prep)

Doorman vs Cybermancer *forfeit*

13. a star war

May 4, 2016
    I agree with Yak. I think if Quasar's powers weren't based on the bands it might be different. And I think Gamora could handle Nova most of the time.

Showtime, A-Holes!(7-1-0)
    vs A Team Called Starfish (1-7-0)
    Godzilla and Darth Vader Are Lame as **** (3-5-0)
    vs dp4m's Legion of Heels-Turn (5-3-0)

Morlun's Munchies (4-4-0) vs Katy Perry Presents: Inty's Pre-Teenage Dream (4-4-0)
    The Re-Avengers (5-3-0)
    vs The Cosmic Bunch (3-5-0)

So it is a single team battle in Pawnee.

Morlun's Munchies
    Cindy Moon (Silk)
    Ben Reilly (Scarlet Spider)
    Eddie Brock (Venom)
    Peter Parker (Spider-Man)
    Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen)
    Miguel O'Hara

vs

Katy Perry Presents: Inty's Pre-Teenage Dream
    Dazzler
    Douglock
    Hank Pym
    Jessica Jones
    Sasquatch
    Black Panther

14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Wow, a frikkin nest of spiders. Nightmare.

15. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Is Cindy Moon related to Sailor Moon? Is she the queen of the Spider Imperium?

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    M-O-O-N, that spells Cindy Lou Who...

Leroy Jenkins Jr likes this.
  17. a star war

May 4, 2016
    All right so not a lot of talk here. I think the spiders lose.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Sorry - busy week at work, busier week at home. Been trying to find time to put up an argument that was more than "Sasquatch, T'Challa, and Pym with prep time are ****ing unstoppable geniuses"

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Agreed. Spiders lose.

20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    I’m also inclined to say that in douglock, you have a strategic genius in cypher.

Yup, spiders lose

Last edited: May 25, 2018
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yup. But I figure for full respect for Douglock, I'm going to need to pull together a good post with research and I don't have that time. Sasquatch, T'Challa, and Pym are at least known quantities in the Draft Circle.

Darth Punk likes this.
  22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Sorry I wanted to post something good for this but just didn't/don't have time - busy week and weekend. Honestly think it would he a great matchup because Peter and Miguel are actually geniuses themselves and Miguel has that future tech going for him.

23. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Apr 20, 2018
    Alright cool.....who's next on my hit list

24. a star war

May 4, 2016
    What a roller coaster that was, but you all made it through. Congratulations.

Next stop on our tour, Pandora! The tree of souls. Don't worry, all of your characters will have Avatar bodies to withstand the toxic atmosphere.

What-if Division
    Showtime, A-Holes! 1-0 (7-1-0)

dp4m's Legion of Heels-Turn (5-3-0)
    Godzilla and Darth Vader Are Lame as **** 0-1 (3-5-0)
    A Team Called Starfish 0-1 (1-7-0)

Elsewhere Division
    The Re-Avengers (5-3-0) 1-0

Katy Perry Presents: Inty's Pre-Teenage Dream 1-0 (4-4-0)
    Morlun's Munchies (4-4-0) 0-1

The Cosmic Bunch 0-1 (3-5-0)

dp4m's Legion of Heels-Turn (0) vs Showtime, A-Holes!(0)
    A Team Called Starfish (0) vs Godzilla and Darth Vader Are Lame as **** (0)

Morlun's Munchies (0) vs The Cosmic Bunch (0)
    The Re-Avengers (0)
    vs Katy Perry Presents: Inty's Pre-Teenage Dream (0)

There's your matches. Add/Drop is open until you get numbers in...say through the weekend I guess.

25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Ditch dem donkeys