main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The All-New All-Different Marvel Comics Draft

Discussion in 'Community' started by a star war, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Leroy Jenkins Jr Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 20, 2018
    Problem is if Terrax is this league's MVP........im quitting
    Terrax is not my MVP...i'll move to Canada before I see that

heels1785 likes this.
  2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You're done when dp says you're done.

3. Leroy Jenkins Jr

Leroy Jenkins Jr Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 20, 2018
    Fine then....I'll agrue til i bleed

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    #NotMyMVP

Leroy Jenkins Jr likes this.
  5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    heels, you forgot to log out of your sock

Darth Punk and dp4m like this.
  6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I'm learning to count the little blessings. Thank you for using "your" rather than "you're."

Leroy Jenkins Jr likes this.
  7. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Anymore for anymore?

If not, I will start judging tomorrow

dp4m and MandaloreYak like this.
  8. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Do either of you need serious arguments on Herald of Galactus vs. Wonder Man or Godzilla, King of Monsters vs. Dragon Pants?

10. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I mean hey, roll the dice.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Actually, still up and going to judge now.
    District 9 is a great movie btw. Excellent choice.

Let’s start with numbers 2, 4, 7

Jordan vs Inty

2. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (prep) vs T’Challa (prep)
    She may be smarter but he has a way better base and is a battler with tons more experience. Devil Dinosaur is a distraction but not much of an offensive factor.

4. Angela vs Cloak and Dagger
    Yeah I don't see them holding her long.

7. Ronan vs Sasquatch TRUMPED with Groot
    Hate to vote for Ronan and it is close. If it was a better atmosphere for Groot I might vote for the trump.

Leroy vs DP

2.Vulcan vs Stryfe
    Ugh this hurts. But in an even fight Vulcan has proven he can absorb psionic energy very quickly. If Stryfe gets close he can win, but it may be too late before he finds that out.

4.Wonderman vs Terrax
    Yeah honestly Wonderman actually has worse low-tier showings than Terrax. I have one where he was injured by a speeding car. But I'm not considering that and he may have been powered down there. What I am considering is that he tends to get close to his opponents and Terrax is WAYYYYYY better H2H. And this is a good battlefield for Terrax on top of that.

7.Fin Fang Foom vs Godzilla
    Just like The Lizard versus "Killer" Croc, this is not much of an actual contest. Foom will probably need larger pants.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Wait, Godzilla is like 3 orders of magnitude stronger than FFF... what's that based on? :p

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just so we're clear -- Godzilla took on the Fantastic Four, Avengers, and SHIELD at the same time and they couldn't win... that's a group with Vision, Thor, Hercules, Iron Man, etc.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

He's strong enough to tank a hit from Mjolnir without phasing him, and bust through Sue's shields without much effort, and stalemate Thor in brute strength.

[​IMG]

And for good measure, here's him one-shotting Savage Hulk by stepping on him... :p

[​IMG]

14. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Jordan vs Inty

2. Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (prep) vs T’Challa (prep)
    She may be smarter but he has a way better base and is a battler with tons more experience. Devil Dinosaur is a distraction but not much of an offensive factor.

PUNK ADDITION; yeah, experience is key for me. I’m not saying never for Lunella, I’m just saying not now.

4. Angela vs Cloak and Dagger
    Yeah I don't see them holding her long.

7. Ronan vs Sasquatch TRUMPED with Groot
    I have to go Ronan and his Universal weapon here. I come at this from both sides, and best I had for Sasquatch was a pretty nifty win against Super Skrull in which he initially went brick route, then used his smarts. Groot I reasoned won’t find enough plant life in District 9 for his Dendrokinesis to be decisive. The trump both have genius-level intellect and if they had prep it would have swung my decision their way

Leroy vs DP

2.Vulcan vs Stryfe
    Ugh this hurts. But in an even fight Vulcan has proven he can absorb psionic energy very quickly. If Stryfe gets close he can win, but it may be too late before he finds that out.

PUNK ADDITION; I would have gone Stryfe with prep 10/10 because Stryfe is a strategic genius, and Vulcan is a cocky cock. I too couldn’t get past Vulcan’s TP resistance. He also has a type of TK in his energy manipulation. He also has flight. Overall, in a one-off bout, Vulcan.

4.Wonderman vs Terrax
    Yeah honestly Wonderman actually has worse low-tier showings than Terrax. I have one where he was injured by a speeding car. But I'm not considering that and he may have been powered down there. What I am considering is that he tends to get close to his opponents and Terrax is WAYYYYYY better H2H. And this is a good battlefield for Terrax on top of that.

7.Fin Fang Foom vs Godzilla
    Just like The Lizard versus "Killer" Croc, this is not much of an actual contest. Foom will probably need larger pants.

Ok, so I have probably spent way too long on this one. Ima go FFF, and I’ve got a lot of reasons why.
    Marvel Godzilla just doesn’t have the feats movie Godzilla has. I can give him the ridonculus strength feats, but not 100’000 tons. Let’s say he throws a Kaiju opponent who weighs a comparable amount – that’s based on leverage. Captain America can use an opponent’s weight against him with a judo flip, but nobody would rate Cap as a +100 tonner.

Size. Marvel Godzilla’s size is all over the place. He’s been shrunk down to the size of a rat, he’s been T-Rex size (see dp's above Fantastic Four scans), and the biggest I’ve found him to be is this;
    [​IMG]

This shows Marvel Godzilla next to the Empire State Building. The ESB is 1450ft to tip. I reckon Godzilla to be somewhere in the 450-500 ft region here.

FFF can shape-shift at will. Here’s FFF from a mile away.
    [​IMG]
    So I’m saying size is probably comparable.

Godzilla’s main offensive weapon is FFF’s food.[​IMG]
    Flight. FFF can fly at impressive speeds. Godzilla is no slouch on foot, by he’s at a disadvantage here.
    TP. FFF has a feat for mind controlling (AND ABSORBING) 1000 lizards. Marvel Godzilla is a lizard, and as far as I know, has not shown any resistance to TP in comics.[​IMG][​IMG]

Marvel Godzilla does have a high showing aganst J Jonah Jameson, so kudos for that
    [​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, his size is all over the place because SHIELD and the FF keep using shrinking gas on him -- and he's STILL strong enough to pop out of Sue's shields. :p

He's fast enough to dodge lasers, and punch the Human Torch whilst flying... and he's much, MUCH faster than FFF...

Unless we somehow think that Carol Danvers is stronger than Thor throwing Mjolnir?

[​IMG]

16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    yes, i'm convinced that godzilla beats fff in a kaiju slugfest, but this fight is way more than that. I'm concerned that atomic breath only empowers fff, and that fff's *intelligence, flight, and lizard tp and absorption favour him to win.

*I'm only seeing godzilla's animal cunning in marvel scans, but I've seen a lot of fff's intellect - enough to feel he has the edge in smarts.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Also ...

If the judges use that as their reasoning, I take no issue

heels1785 and dp4m like this.
  18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Juggernaut is unbeatable in these drafts because you can't physically hurt him, and his helmet provides TP resistance. I see godzilla as similar in physical aspects to juggy bu without the helmet.

19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    ADD: both juggernaut and godzilla act on a basic level - attack what's in front of them.

I mean, what would they be able to do more if you gave them prep? What could fff add to his game with prep - quite an edge I'd imagine.

20. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    DP, do you have a link to where you got that Godzilla vs Avengers fight?

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Nvm I found his best fights. I'm considering it but I'm cool moving to new matches in the meantime.

22. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    OK you fookin prawns
    [​IMG]
    While Yak spends the next few hours in 70's Marvel heaven, the next three numbers out of the hat are 1, 3, aaaaand 6.

Team Inty vs Team Jordan
    1. Groot TRUMPED with Sasquatch (FORFEIT) vs Captain America
    3. Douglock vs Gladiator
    6. Hank Pym (PREP) vs Drax the Destroyer

Team Leroy vs Team DP
    1. Emma Frost (PREP) vs Red Hulk
    3. Dr Voodoo (PREP) vs Morg
    6. Squirrel Girl TRUMPED with Doorman vs Hela

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    YAS

GO LEEROY

Mikaboshi likes this.
  24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    A guy who can literally adjust mid-match and read fights like a Hemmingway novel against a guy who drops in value as he loses confidence?

how beautiful.

25. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005

Emma, with prep, against the stupid Red Hulk who isn't immune to telepathy? Emma!
    Dr. Voodoo vs Morg: Supreme Sorcerer level being, with prep? Voodoo can take this, with ease, just call on Danielle Drumm's spirit to possess Morg......the only time someone has resisted was when they were already possessed by another spirit. If possessed, Voodoo has full control.

Here is a full list of stuff he can do.

As to Squirrel Girl.....can anyone show me when she has lost? Ever?

Darth Punk and heels1785 like this.