main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The All-New Force Awakens Social Thread... in stereo where available

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Artoo-Dion , Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Er... have you ever read Flash? yeah most of the time it's one dude but there are like five actual Flash dudes and a billion speedsters [face_laugh] Come to think of it, Green Arrow is similar, a lot of the people around him have their own mask too.

And sssshhh. I'm trying to be nice and not get into season 2 without my b-i-l. I may ask his blessing soon cos he wants to watch all of what we previously watched before finishing what we missed. You are allowed to say if Iris gets better tho, I came to really dislike her throughout the season. :mad:

zero_point_zero likes this.
  2. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    I need to watch the last couple seasons of Arrow... totally fell off that bandwagon.

AmySolo likes this.
  3. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    I mean I want to say skip #3 but I don't yet know how much plays into season 4, and Ray Palmer is worth watching. Grating at first but he grows on ya.

Season 2 was fantastic tho, and a lot of that is thanks to Manu Bennett. I thoroughly enjoyed his turn as Deathstroke.

4. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005

Yeah, I watched through season 2, that was awesome. I think I watched 3... I got to the point where they introduced the Brandon Routh.

5. zero_point_zero

zero_point_zero Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    I'm not up on DC as much as Marvel, but yeah I was somewhat aware that there's a proliferation of speed-advantaged people in the continuity :p I just don't know if you need to follow the comics so closely, to me having a bunch of fast characters running around takes away a bit of the wow factor of being a speedster.

Lol noted. I don't really hate Iris though, I just don't think the showrunners know what to do with her atm.

6. Heroic BB-8

Heroic BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Deathstroke is in Arrow? i might end up watching that sooner...

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Sorry I've been out of the loop - FINALLY got my "Daisey" on Tuesday, and started working on her...
    I was going to strip her down and repaint her, but I found her original factory paint underneath (the stripper worked on the vinal based paint, but not so much on the 115 year old 'milk paint'). So I'll strip it down as best it will, and seal the old paint.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999

When you've seen the movie 27 times, even when you go to the bathroom, it's still playing in your head anyway, so when I come back into the theater I know exactly what word is going to be said. LOL, j/k, but pretty close.

AmySolo and MOC Yak Face like this.
  9. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    [face_rofl]

10. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015

have you got a target of number of viewings, or will you just keep going until it's no longer in the Cinema??

11. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Bowen you are a bona fide legend, my friend.

AmySolo and Bowen like this.
  12. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    HAHA thanks MOC, that's awesome.

My original "guess" (less of a target than an idea) was 25, but since I'm beyond that, yeah I'll keep seeing it until it's gone. My viewings will likely but not necessarily decrease when it leaves IMAX next week. It's such an amazing experience in IMAX each time, it still feels like an event to me. I took a few days off (busy with home stuff and work) from seeing it but I'm already looking forward to it again -- I know that's crazy. I'm seeing it Friday and then also I will see it Saturday when the GF is gone. I am for sure seeing it Thursday at 3:30 p.m., the very last IMAX showing in the city before Deadpool boots us out. Between Saturday and Thursday, probably will see it 1 or 2 times, either just Tuesday, or maybe Monday and Wednesday, something like that. Unsure yet.

When it's in 2D I have a bunch of free movie tickets saved up so that's good. I would guess at that point I just go twice per week, once on the weekend when my GF has her "family day" so I'm home all day usually, and once sometime mid-week. If it sticks around somewhere here half-way into March that would be ideal and I would guess I can get to 40. I'd say 35-40 at this point.

AmySolo, jimmycrank and MOC Yak Face like this.
  13. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015
    insane! I'm trying to convince my Old man to come and see it, He's a Star Wars Fan but doesn't like big crowds in Theatre's but it's been popular for so long I think he's resided to wait until it's out on BR, But I'd like to go to Imax 1 more time for 6th and final viewing.

AmySolo and Bowen like this.
  14. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Well worth it! I love IMAX so much.

AmySolo likes this.
  15. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    Arrow thoroughly outclasses Marvel's network TV shows, only the Netflix ones (Daredevil, Jessica Jones) compare.

16. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    He's in like the first or second ep of 3 xDDD If you continue, consider that the likely reason the writing is so off is at the last second their big bad for the season was taken away & they had to scramble some rewrites.

Ah. I've read very little of Marvel, the movie I was most prepared for was Guardians. I miss Dan & Andy's stuff. I did read the Winter Soldier arc of CA, thought the movie handled him very well. But frankly I fell back off the comic reading wagon. DC ... well you know what I think of them, and I'm enjoying the movies from Marvel just fine. In fact I've learned it's better if I don't know source. Less to influence one's opinion. [face_sigh]

Definitely. She's gotta stick around cos she's his eventual but not yet cos DRAMA so we end up with bad writing. Ugh.

Keep in mind the essence of the character is there but much of where he came from & what he ends up doing has changed. Still, for me it's some the best Deathstroke I've ever seen.

Oish. Remind me to come back to this. I can't see most pics cos work blocks them, but I'm very interested to see what you're working on. :)
    Six! That's adorable. :D No but srsly. Do everything you can to convince him to go, it's well worth the big screen experience.
    Don't you talk crap about my Agent Carter! =((

I'm (finally) getting to watch Daredevil, I've two episodes left and I say this as a huge Arrow fan. Daredevil beats the ever loving SNOT out of Arrow. There's something to be said about the quality of a show when they have 10-12 episodes to tell a story rather than filling 22 with crap like Cupid.

zero_point_zero likes this.
  17. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015
    DareDevil is great! Have you watched Jessica Jones? I thoroughly enjoyed it! :D

I need a new TV Series to watch, Just finished "The man in the High Castle" very interesting.

Any Suggestions anyone?

18. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    jimmycrank No JJ yet, not sure if I'm gonna. There are some stories I don't need to see played out. ^^

Dunno how easy it is to find but for me, Person of Interest season1-3 are some of the best ever.

And I'm not sure where to ask this but at Launch Bay in Hollywood Studios, the display of Rey's speeder says she built it herself, yet not even the Visual Dictionary says this. Does anyone know of an official source for this?

19. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015

I'm not sure what you mean? Stories played out???

Oky doke, I'll check it out, Thank you! :D

I assumed it was in the Visual Dictionary, I feel like it's common knowledge but i'm not sure on the official source.

20. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I agree that Daredevil and Jessica Jones are by far the best (including, sorry, Agent Carter [face_batting] ), which is why I like the idea that Netfilx may be making SW shows.

AmySolo likes this.
  21. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    How about: it's better for me to read a summary than actually watch the events? Does that make more sense? As I said above, even Daredevil is borderline in what I'm okay with watching. All this goes back to the earlier discussion of why do we need to push the limits of what we see now?

I guess I just like lighter stuff without the graphic stuff to go with it (like, Agent Carter for instance. :D )

22. jimmycrank

Dec 29, 2015

oohhh so your not a fan of Graphic Violence and the like? Fair enough, Guessing you're not a fan of Tarantino then? ;)

23. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    As a matter of fact, I'm kind of ambivalent? I generally enjoy the stories but his name being attached doesn't automatically mean I'll watch it - whereas, with say, Luc Besson I'll give it a free ticket chance. xD

jimmycrank likes this.
  24. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    I'm an Arrow fan and The Flash, but I have to be honest my GF and I really don't look forward to watching Arrow much anymore. We watch more because it's part of The Flash universe - The Flash is just a far superior show. Better drama, better characters, and way better acting. Arrow is painful 20% of the time because the female characters and just in general all of the actresses are absolutely awful. It's some of the worst acting I've seen in any major show and it's a shame because the guys are all very good, thankfully. Laurel is the worst offender and is just obnoxious especially with her stupid face when she hisses at things and uses her "sonic super stupid scream" or whatever. It's laugh out loud funny, and cringe-worthy. All of her drama is always painful and sometimes I think Willa Holland is an even worse actress. They both belong on a soap opera.

I enjoy the action of Arrow but it's not even close to at the level of either Jessica Jones or Daredevil. It used to be so much better too, even with the bad girl acting. Now we mainly look forward to The Flash especially because the villains are always awesome and Cisco is hilarious. I love that show.

For reasons I don't understand even as a director who has to cast my work, there is a real shortage of talented actresses. Way way too may rely on their looks and that means on TV you get some of the worst girl acting. An actor as bad as Megan Fox for instance wouldn't get a role. It simply wouldn't happen. I've always noticed it but it's awkward to say. Now I don't care because I make my own work, I know first hand how tough it is. I never find more than a few actresses who can actually act. I think that's what makes Daisy Ridley so impressive - she is a really good actress actually. They nailed that casting.

25. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    I mean Thea isn't terrible compared to Laurel but I agree the girls are all awkward. I desperately miss Moira or whatever, the matriarch of the Queen fam, she was fantastic & having her along with Barrowman around really brought up everyone.

Bowen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.