main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The All-New Force Awakens Social Thread... in stereo where available

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Artoo-Dion , Jan 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I tried to watch Arrow but halfway through the second episode I realized I wasn't paying attention at all and turned it off. Just didn't interest me I guess.

2. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Definitely check it out, especially if you like the Dark Knight trilogy. I don't watch a lot of TV, but POI is a stand-out show (in all four seasons, and the fifth is coming...when CBS gets around to it). This video works very well as a teaser.

AmySolo Great to see another fan here!:)Have you seen Season 4?

jimmycrank likes this.
  3. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    OMigosh there seems to be so few of us hi5!!

I did but not the last .. 5 episodes I think (not because of disinterest, we just know we'll want to binge it without stopping so we've been waiting for time when all the schedules match up.) I hesitate to recommend the 4th season due to how far removed from the first season it is. Plus I feel like the HR arc is the most satisfaction we'll be getting from the show, especially since those last 13 episodes may never see the light of day at this rate.

Too many blackouts in that trailer but oh man did it reignite my love. [face_love]

4. zero_point_zero

zero_point_zero Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    Yeah, I really had no idea what Guardians was about until I got my Marvel Unlimited account and just started devouring all kinds of comics. I agree, though, Abnett and Lanning did some great work, their run was just so pulpy and weird, definitely an old school sci-fi vibe to it. I'm a fan of Bendis though, I dig his rapid fire dialogue, so when he took over I really became more invested in the group as characters. I read alot of Brubaker's run on Cap as well, I definitely think he's writer that has the best handle on him overall, as well as Bucky. But yeah my comic reading kinda ebbs and flows, the last thing I read in its entirety was the Hickman Infinity crossover, which of course blended into Secret Wars, and all that stuff is just mind-blowing huge and epic.

The MCU does great blending comics with movie conventions and limitations. I absolutely believe that the Avengers films are the closest thing to a comic book onscreen that we have ever seen.

Yeah, that's the problematic thing with kinda knowing the endgame beforehand. We are aware that Iris and Barry are OTP, so it kinda overshadows any other relationships with other characters.

5. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Did you hear about the spinoff show they are making?

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Nope.

7. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
  8. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    It's all about Peter's snark. Any character with good snark jumps up my fave list like crazy fast. Ex: Deadshot as written by Simone in Secret Six

In the current sense of comic book, yeah that's pretty much accurate.

At least in Arrow they were smart and gave Laurel a reason to be on the show, tho she was best when she was investigating things. I could have accepted her as a Question-esque type for awhile.

Millennium Falcon 888 The trailer for the game is absolutely hilarious. I wants to play for sure.

zero_point_zero likes this.
  9. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Yeah, there's going to be a show about the boarding house in Brooklyn.

10. SkooterNB

SkooterNB Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 4, 2005

It's amazing what is getting spin-offs... not to say an awesome indie movie shouldn't, but it's amazing.

AmySolo likes this.
  11. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Okay I lied. Watto's Grotto is actually worth visiting, even if only for the decor.

12. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Watching Liam Neeson in 'Non Stop' movie right now on German TV. I want a Qui-Gon Star Wars movie. [face_whistling]

AmySolo likes this.
  13. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Happy Chinese New Year 2016 from the Millennium Falcon - the Year of the Fire Monkey!

[​IMG]

Sent from MillenniumFalcon AI using Tapatalk

AmySolo and MOC Yak Face like this.
  14. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    I just got back from watching Brooklyn. Pretty good, although a bit of a tear jerker ( for my wife of course, ahem...)

AmySolo, Colm and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  15. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    [​IMG]

MOC Yak Face Spoil it for me, does she choose one or does everyone die? :D

16. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    What the hell is that appendage coming out of the front of that monkey??

[​IMG]

17. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    [face_mischief]

18. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
  19. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Delayed-reaction hi5!

So you stopped after Karma? I probably wouldn't be able to hold off from those last five, but I see how someone could since the story had shifted to a smaller scale. Yeah, Season 4 is very different from 1, but the procedural core is still there, and the progression from 1 to 4 is handled well. I think CBS has to air Season 5, but the repeated deferment has been annoying.

AmySolo likes this.
  20. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    He's got a banana in his pocket.

Or he's just pleased to see us.

EHT, Colm and AmySolo like this.
  21. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    I'm not actually sure. I've really neglected that show. ;-; Looking at the wiki I think maybe we left off on Terra Incognita. Maybe o_O

I'm going with banana MOC Yak Face :D

MOC Yak Face likes this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Just finished my 8th viewing of TFA (second IMAX showing). I have to say excluding my first showing this was probably my most enjoyable. I really took in the story and the underlying themes much more this time. It was great! Now it's time for some Deadpool!

EHT, AmySolo and MOC Yak Face like this.
  23. AmySolo

Jan 12, 2016
    Dp will probably be Sat or Sun morning for me. I'm not sure I want to deal with friday night audience around here.

24. zero_point_zero

zero_point_zero Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2016
    Took a break for a bit but I had a interesting question rolling around in my brain that I wanted to ask y'all about..

What scene or moment in a movie just came out of nowhere and unexpectedly, really really disturbed you? I have mine in the spoiler text, dunno if necessary as its an older film, but anyways..
    I can think of a couple instances off the top of my head and both are actually from the same movie. Spielberg's War of the Worlds.. the scene when the Martian war machines come up out of the ground and start zapping people to dust, ugh, something about the way the effect was done freaked me out, bad. Like I had to leave the theater for a minute. Also the fact that Tom Cruise's character had the ashes of dead people all over him when he got to his house, idk was just entirely unsettling.

The other scene was when his family was trying to escape the city in his minivan and get surrounded by other desperate civilians, and they literally TEAR the car open and pull them out. Just the sense of absolute panic and how the hopelessness of the situation was so thick and palpable, Tom Cruise just breaking down in the diner as their best chance to escape just got taken away. Damn, Spielberg just plays on my emotions so frakking perfectly, I can count the times I've cried during a movie and every one has been a Spielberg joint. The man truly is gifted at hitting emotional resonant notes in his films. [/spoiler ]

25. MOC Vober Dand

Jan 6, 2004
    The scene in Bad Lieutenant where he 'bribes' the girls in the car in pretty unpleasant.

Actually that particular film as a few scenes which could contend...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.