main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Allana Index and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Eleventh_Guard, Jan 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    This thread contains the index of stories about and heavily involving Allana, the daughter of Jacen and Tenel Ka. She was first introduced in The Unseen Queen and given a name in The Swarm War. Her surname is not yet given.

Despite the modest beginning in terms of page count, Allana has already appeared in several fanfics in Beyond the Saga. This thread is for discussion of all things related to Allana and also an index of stories that feature her as [b]the main[/b] or [b]a major[/b] character. Obviously, this thread will feature J/TK as the most common 'ship, but 'shipping Jacen and Tenel Ka is not mandatory in submitted fics as long as their daughter has a prominent role in the story. The form for submitting links is given below.

Allana was born on Hapes in 36 ABY. The Gorog and Ta'a Chume teamed up to assassinate her a week after she was born, but the assassination attempt failed. Her wiki article can be found [link=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Allana]HERE.[/link]

[hr]

Some other threads that might be of interest, particularly for tangential discussions:
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Board.aspx?brd=10477]Beyond The Saga Fanfic Forum[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/eu_community/b10194/22772318/p1/?6]Allana's Thread in the EUC[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/18280917/p1/]Jacen/Tenel Ka Index and Resource Thread[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Resource/b10304/18278770/p1]Reflections of a Traitor - Jacen Solo Discussion Thread[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Message.aspx?topic=9937303&replies=17]Jacen-Centric Fics Index (locked)[/link]
    [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Fan_Fiction_Writers_Resource/b10304/14247552/?52]Tenel Ka Index (locked)[/link]

[b][color=crimson]To Submit Fics:[/color][/b] Copy and paste the following and [link=http://boards.theforce.net/ASP/pm_send.asp?usr=1230754]PM it to Eleventh_Guard[/link] with the spaces in the link tags.
    [ link=[b]URL GOES HERE[/b]] [b]TITLE GOES HERE[/b] [ /link] by [b]Author/Authors[/b]
    Brief summary: [b]Summary goes here[/b]
    Major characters and pairings: [b]Yep, goes here[/b]
    Genre: [b]Genre[/b]
    Completed? [b]Yes/No, and if yes, indicate whether it is a vignette (one post), short story (under 30k), or epic (over 30k)[/b]

(The link and title is all that I really need, and the other authors' names if it's co-authored, but the other info is nice if you can provide it.)

The index is in alphabetical order by title, and categorized by the date on which the first post of the story was made. Most, if not all, of the stories here will have the first post after the release of The Unseen Queen. Post-Joiner-King stories are possible, though, if you happened to guess correctly that Tenel Ka would have a daughter after the events of that book, so if you have a story written before the release/spoilers of TUQ, PM and it might be indexable.

2. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    INDEX I
    First post between 9/27/2005 and 12/27/2005

Can I Be Normal? by SilSolo
    Summary: Jacen and Tenel Ka?s daughter thinks about her life. Vignette.

The Droid Empress by AlisonC (Eleventh_Guard)
    Summary: Headed by Sith Lord Darth Vexon and his daughter and apprentice, Darth Wraithys, the Guerrica Empire will stop at nothing to expand their territories, and Wraithys also plots to destroy her father and rule alone, but she needs the help of the Princess of Hapes. Will the Jedi be able to stop the Dark Lord who calls himself the Emperor? And will they be able to prevent his daughter's schemes? Completed, 19 chapters.
    Note: Allana is named Kalare in this fic; it was written pre-Swarm War.

Gift to the Princess, Gift to the Queen by SilSolo
    Summary: Gramps gets to put certain events into fairy tale format.
    Note: Allana is named Alleia in this fic.

3. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    INDEX II
    First post after 12/27/2005 and before the release of Legacy of the Force: Tempest

Bringing Up Allana by Eleventh_Guard
    Summary: Allana Chume Ta'Djo is raised by Jacen Solo on Coruscant. (Series of short stories in a single thread.)

Coming of Age by ZebulaNebula
    Summary: Tenel Ka and Allana celebrate the latter's fourteenth birthday - a milestone in Dathomiri tradition.

Death of a Sith Lord by SilSolo
    Summary: Just look at the title.

Decisions by Jedi_Jasa
    Summary: Three months after TUQ, Jacen gets to see his daughter before Luke Skywalker gives his ultimatum to the Jedi.

Dissolution by Eleventh_Guard
    Summary: Allana is going back home to Hapes, and she has to say goodbye to Barchad, the Falleen man that helped her during a war five years earlier.
    Pairing: Allana/OC

Every Breath You Take by LeatherNeck
    Summary: Allana's life through Jacen's eyes. Songfic.

From Princess To Pauper by rebel_cheese
    Summary: In this Tempest speculation piece, Tenel Ka has Jacen's family and friends spirit Allana away to the Jedi Academy before a dark force comes.

A Glimpse Into The Past by LeatherNeck
    Summary: Allana and a friend are inadvertantly transported twenty seven years into the past, where they meet very different versions of their parents.

Here All Along by -Tenel-Ka-
    Summary not available

I Can't Kill Her Just Yet by SilSolo
    Summary: Jacen talks about his Sithliness over the rest of his life.

I Don't Like Vegetables by magehound
    Summary: Allana Djo has certain likes and dislikes.

Into The Arms by angel_gidget
    Summary not available

It's Going To Rain by jedi_of_ennth
    Summary: Some of us cannot be saved, because we do not want to be ?
    For the Dare Challenge.

The Jedi Man by Eleventh_Guard
    Summary: Children sit around a campfire and listen to the story of the Jedi Man, rumored to be haunting the ruins of the Hapan palace, 500 years after the resurrection of the Sith Order. Primarily about Jacen and Allana.

Leaving It All Behind by Sil_Solo
    Summary: Ben leaves the Jedi Order.

Legacy's Scions by rebel_cheese
    Summary: Read and find out for yourselves!

A Life Not Mine by SilSolo
    Summary: Allana?s talking about herself.

The Lost Sword by rebel_cheese
    Summary: Jaina Solo vanishes from the Force as the battle for Coruscant begins. A great darkness threatens to fill her void. Now it's up to Kyle Katarn and the next generation of Jedi to find her before it's too late. But what they discover is something far more sinister than mere darkness... (WIP)
    Major characters and pairings: J/J, Ben/Jysella, Leia, Lando, Valin, Kyle

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/24

4. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    INDEX III
    First post after the release of Legacy of the Force: Tempest

The Guardians of Light by Earthknight
    Summary: SW/KH crossover. Heroes from two galaxies must stop a diabolical leader of the Heartless.
    Major characters and pairings: SoraxKairi, RikuxAllana, BenxJycella, slight SquallxAerith

5. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    INDEX IV

(Reserved for possible later use)

6. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    Topic 1: Where In The Galaxy Is Allana?

The culture in which a person grows up has a major impact on his/her personality and worldview. Where do you think Allana will spend her early childhood, and how will it affect her?

Will she go to Ossus to train to be a Jedi? Stay on Hapes with her mother? Be sent to Dathomir? What other possibilities are there (including those in AUs)? And most importantly, how will this color who she is as an older child, adolescent, or adult?

7. DarthAllana

DarthAllana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 28, 2006
    If you ever need help, I'll help.

8. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    That would be great :D Right now I think the keys are to get fics submitted (I have 2, but I really don't want to be the first one, heh) and get talking, with a specific focus towards portraying her in fic. Most stories are going to end up AU as new canon comes out (but then, that's true of almost any character written in periods after the latest canon releases), but I think there are plenty of things that can be inferred about what would be IC or OOC for her. For example, I seriously doubt Allana is going to run away and join the GFFA equivalent of the circus without a very good reason that the author would need to establish. What happens in the next few years will have a major impact on her life.

I DON'T think that anything huge will occur, though. If there was some kind of gigantic plot revolving around her within the next four years, others would be involved, and there would be some book coming out set before 40 ABY to deal with the situation (most likely). My speculation is that she would probably stay with her mother, though a case could be made for Dathomir as well. From a pure literary standpoint, Ossus or anywhere with her father's side of the family is also unlikely since the revelation of Allana's paternity would be a fairly big deal and not something that would fall into the 4-year gap. It's dramatic. Dramatics go in-story. :D And I could be very, very wrong about all this, hehe.

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Where do you think Allana will spend her early childhood, and how will it affect her?

Hapes, I think. Because Jacen and Tenel Ka seem to want to keep her parentage a secret, she'll probably spend her early years in seclusion on Hapes. I'm hoping the fact that Jacen's the daddy will come up in the Legacy of the Force series.

10. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Feel free to index any of my two Allana fics.

11. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    OK. One of them is Our Mother, Our Queen, right? I can find that one on the boards. I can't remember the title of the other, though - can you PM me think?

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    The other's Can I Be Normal? That reminds me, I gotta post an announcement on one of 'em. Thanks.

13. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    OK, they're up! I'll eventually have another, but the project that's in the planning stage right now doesn't involve Allana directly for a long time, so only one or two of that series-in-planning would go here.

Everybody who's got something, send it in! :D

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    There's also Legacy of teh Force: Betrayal by Ben Watson (not sure if I spelled the name right)

15. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    A reminder that this index exists for all your Allana fic needs :) I've gone through the indexes back to September and posted links to all the stories that I found and felt were Allana-centric or close enough. If you have one that you don't see listed, please PM the information to me.

16. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    O:) Hi, just dropping in to check things out. :D

I think that Allana will be raised on Hapes with her mother. It's really the only thing that makes sense at this point.

Her birth was the highlight of the DN books, IMO. :)

17. ZebulaNebula

ZebulaNebula Jedi Master star 5

Feb 10, 2005
    She'll surely be raised on Hapes.

But I'm not sure how much time(if any) she'll spend with her father. There's a very real chance of Jacen becoming a total deadbeat dad. I hope he at least shows up for special occasions(birthdays, major holidays, etc.), but I'm far from certain.

18. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    From the sounds of things, I'm not even sure that Tenel Ka wants him around. That being the case, she might not tell Allana who her father is.

In which case Jacen has no choice but to be a deadbeat.

19. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Which is unfortunate. A part of me sees Allana searching out her father if she isn't told by a certain age.

20. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    Either she'll seek him out, she'll make her mother tell her, or something will happen that will get the information out there.

Personally I'm leaning toward some sort of kidnapping plot and Jacen has to rescue her.

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Well, TK might send Allana to Dathomir for safety reasons.

22. Eleventh_Guard

Dec 17, 2005
    I wonder what will happen in the future, as far as the rest of the family goes. If Tenel Ka marries or takes a consort early enough in Allana's life, she may be led to believe that the other man is her father - especially if her Force skills are not extensively trained. That would prevent her from seeking out her real father for some time - until something happens to make her realize that Mr. Hapan Whoever isn't her daddy.

Or she could hear that her father is dead. (It better NOT be true! :mad: :p )

Dathomir sounds like a good place for Allana to hide; unfortunately, if we know that, then a lot of other people know that, too, and if word got out that she wasn't on Hapes, that would be a logical place to look. Ossus would probably be further down the list.

23. ZebulaNebula

Feb 10, 2005
    Or a Dathomir-like planet(as far as climate, terrain, ecology, etc.) If the Beast-Riders are still around, TK might just send Allana to Onderon(especially as a pre-teen or teen).

Then again, that might just be my own theories speaking.

24. Kissa

Kissa Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2006
    I don't think Tenel Ka will marry. She's too stubborn for that, and it's my assumption that the profic writers want Jacen and Tenel Ka to be together.

So far they haven't had any adoptive babies besides the Skywalker twins, and in that case it was for their own protection.

And thinking about that, there's been a lot of speculation on 'Darth Jacen'. It's possible that Allana might end up trained as a Jedi and bring him back to the light.

Kinda like Luke and his father.[face_batting]

25. Valie

Valie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2005
    I had thought that at first as well. But the more I thought about the way Denning brought her in, man I just don't know anymore. I'm hoping that Allana would be sent to Dathomir, but I don't see that happening now. All the nobles already know about her. What would be the point?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.