main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Altered Forces: Beginnings (A/P) COMPLETED!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darksideyesplease, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    quite a bit of feedback, i'm happy to see

Jeditheskyisblue Did something happen to Padme to make her so mean? I hope Anakin caught up to her and pulls her hair (I know childish but after all that's all Anakin and Padme are at the moment lol)

Nah, nothing really happened to her, she's just a bratty little 12 year old girl, but she will snap out of it. Just a phase.

lady_sapphire padme laughing...i take it that doesn't happen that much. leave it anakin, though.

great chapter. i look forward to more!

At least not so her mother or father can hear. I would think that the legislative youth program would teach Padme and other students to not act so "childish" which neither of her parents really care for. hopefully i'll be able to get into more of that, so long it flows well enough with the rest of the story.

jmsbndgrl Anakin's killing her with kindness. Its Taming of the Shrew (I hope Anakin wins).

It will be interesting to see how Anakin adjusts to life on Naboo. I want him to embarass Padme in front of her friends, serves her right.

I think we can make Anakin pull a little prank over Miss Padme, but I guarntee you, she won't take too kindly to being embarrassed. but I think she is more worried about the way Anakin acts in general, she doesn't think a slave boy could be professional and cordial.

BrownEyes_Blue Awww....this is sweet!!! I loved it....it's an interesting premise and it's looking mighty good. I can't wait to see what happens when they reach Naboo.

I certainly appreciate the kind words. Won't have to wait long, Chapter 4, Padme gives Anakin a nice tour of there small section of Naboo. Who knows maybe they will even get into some mischief together.

Wincer_Pan Your stories are well written. And I love your Alternates on the love story between Padme and Anakin, adding a lighter side to the very dark and gloomy tale.

Thanks, it always makes me feel good when people compliment my writing style. Sometimes I am hesitant about my work, but that's just good ole' paranoia for you, because everyone who responds to my stories always has nice things to say, I appreciate it.

astarael Nice to see Padme warming up to Anakin, even if it's only slightly. She can be a stuborn girl, can't she?

I would also think Padme is also still trying to come out of that "eww boys" stage, I didn't want to exactly make her that immature, but I want to get it across, Anakin is clueless about girls, and while she thinks she knows everything, she is pretty clueless herself.

JediGaeliaWindstar This version is very cute!

Well thank you so much. Please everyone continue to read.

I'm starting on Chapter 4 as soon as I hit post.

2. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chapter 4

The ship landed in a space port near the Naberrie?s current home in the Lake Country. Padme would be shuffled off to school early every morning to guarantee she would make it on time. Of course two times per week she had to attend classes for the Legislative Youth Program in the Capital city, Theed.

Padme looked out of the cock pit window, and a smile sprung to her face, as she saw her older sister Sola, along with other relatives who had come to see them happily home. Padme brushed by Anakin and Shmi who were gathering there things from the ship, and she darted out and jumped into her sisters arms.

?Oh Sola, I thought I would never make it back to Naboo.? Padme whimpered.

?Oh come on, sis, you were only gone for two days.? Sola rolled her eyes at Padme?s youth. Sola only 18 herself, but of course she was much wiser than Padme, and even her parents, or so she led herself to believe.

Ruwee and Jobal exited the ship along with the pilot. Shmi scooted closely behind them, and noticed Anakin wasn?t by her side. She went back onto the ship, and found Anakin in a cabin sitting with his legs crossed, talking to 3PO.

?Ani!? Shmi pressured him. ?Come on out.?

Anakin looked at her with a timid look in his eyes. ?I don?t want too.?

?But Ani, this is to be our new home, don?t you want to see it?

Anakin shook his head. He wasn?t use to meeting strangers, and saw several of them, all who seemed to just love Padme. He wasn?t sure if those people knew he was a slave or not. Then he realized, he wasn?t a slave, at least not anymore, but still, he didn?t know how to be around that many people at once. Only times he ever was, were in the dirty Cantina?s and everyone in there was too drunk to take notice of him. He knew these people would be curious about him, and his mother.

Shim shook her head, when Anakin didn?t respond. She reached but, but he moved away from her touch. Anakin loved his mother, but would often try to squirm his way out of a hug. Shmi missed the days, just not too long ago, when Anakin craved for her love and attention. Now he seemed to run away from it. He was growing up. Funny thing growing up is.

Shmi decided to leave him alone with his thoughts, and she walked off the ship.

Ruwee had introduced her to the others as a long time friend, who had decided to move to Naboo in hopes of a better education for her son. Ruwee then noticed Anakin wasn?t around.

?Well, where is the little man at?? Ruwee questioned, looking around his shoulder.

Padme took notice of her father?s concern, but Shmi quickly butted in.

?It?s okay, he?s a little nervous I don't think he's come off the ship yet. Shmi said.

Ruwee nodded. ?Okay, I?ll go get him.?

?No dad.? Padme stopped him. ?I think maybe I should go.? Ruwee looked at her in surprise with that comment. Padme simply shrugged to her father. ?Ya know, kid stuff.?

Padme hated referring to herself as a kid, but it appeased her father, so she did what she must. She walked on board the ship, and could hear 3PO?s parts shifting around, she knew that would lead her right to Anakin.

She found Anakin looking out the cabin window at nothing unparticular. She eased into the room, standing near him. Her arms folded behind her back, as a sign she was not trying to be hostile.

Anakin knew she was there. He knew it was her before she had even stepped back on the ship. Anakin continued to stare straight ahead, as 3PO looked on in confusion.

?Whatca staring at?? Padme asked innocently.

Anakin shrugged. ?Nothing, I guess.?

?Don?t you want to see my home planet? Your right, it is beautiful. You should come out and see.? Padme encouraged him.

Anakin sighed. Padme wasn?t a mind reader, but she had this one pretty well figured out.

?You?re nervous, aren?t you?

Anakin simply nodded, still not looking at her.

?That?s okay, my first day at the legislative youth program, I was nervous too.? Padme admitted, as she sat down right beside him.

He finally turned to her.

3. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I'm going to miss this story I'll going to have a busy long weekend so I won't get to be online so can't wait until I get back to see if there has been any updates.

It's cute how everyone thinks Padme and Anakin have a crush on each other.

4. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    Awwww... How cute!

Padme's finally warming up to Anakin (even though she doesn't really realize it yet), and Anakin has a bit of that possessive streak in him. Wondering where Padme is going to take him? [face_thinking]

Palpatine's coming to dinner? Not good. Padme does not need to be hanging out with that creepy old man, and Anakin most certainly does not need to meet him. [face_worried]

Awaiting more...

5. lady_sapphire

lady_sapphire Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2005
    awww, padme helped him not be so nervous. she's not so cold-hearted after all.

when palpatine comes to dinner, i hope he doesn't notice anakin's force abilities. (but now that i said that, it would be a good twist)

love this story, it's so cute. update soon!

6. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    I couldn't resist posting this chapter, I really got a good feeling about this one. And I've pretty much decided this story is going to take ALONG time to tell, there is just so much I have to cover now. And I've decided to take it slow with this story. So, I'm thinking this one could be upwards of 60 chapters long

Chapter 5
    Table Manners

The Naberrie?s and Skywalker?s stood outside near a landing ship. All dressed in their best.

Jobal and Sola had taken the opportunity to play make over on Shmi. They dressed her up, applied her with make up. Told her at least one hundred times she would be fine in front of a Senator. Everything they needed to do, to have her prepared.

Anakin nudged Padme, who looked at least 14 years with her black dress and use of makeup, while Anakin?s regal robes, made him look 9 years old again.

?What is it?? Padme said whispering out of the side of her mouth.

?Do we bow or kneel?? Anakin questioned quickly, never looking at her, eyes straight ahead.

?I told you ten times, you bow.? Padme barked.

Anakin didn?t even want to ask his next question again. ?What was the difference again??

He tried to replay it in his mind what her answer had been, but he couldn?t.

The ship finally came to a halt and two security droids stepped off, followed by Senator Palpatine.

Everyone bowed to him simultaneously, except for Anakin who chose wrong, and was kneeling with his head down in front of the Senator.

Palpatine noticed this immediately as he stood over Anakin. He began to give a slight cackle.

?Rise, my friend.?

Everyone started laughing and Anakin became a little flush in the cheek.

Padme slapped herself in the forehead at his mistake.

?And Padme, I?m so grateful you are alive.? Palpatine spoke. ?The thought of losing you, was just unbearable.? He smiled at her.

?Senator!? Ruwee gestured to his old friend, as they discussed current things as they headed back to the Naberrie?s home.

Once they arrived back at home, Jobal and Sola attended to bringing the food out. A few other diplomats from Naboo had joined the dinner as well. Anakin and Padme were able to secure a seat next to each other beside the long, narrow dinning table.

Palpatine was given head of the table by Ruwee, who took the seat immediately to his right. Shmi scooted down the side, saying something to Anakin.

Palpatine quickly realized who she was, and rose.

?Milady, won?t you sit up here beside myself and Ruwee.? The Senator suggested.

Shmi didn?t know what to think. Jobal motioned to her to do it from behind Palpatine. Shmi looked at Anakin who was as doubly shocked as she was. She took her seat next to the Senator, who smiled and sat back down himself.

Jobal and Sola finished setting the table with all the delicious foods. Padme looked on in delight, as Anakin didn?t know what quite to think of some of the offerings.

Jobal took a seat next to Ruwee, as Sola sat in between a diplomat and Anakin.

Am I in heaven? This beautiful world? This great new life? In the middle of the Naberrie sisters? Anakin could barely contain himself from laughing giddily.

Sola looked over at him, and gave him a befuddled look. She shook her head laughing at him, and turned away. Padme banged Anakin in the leg with her knee in a very subtle move.

?This all looks delicious! I thank you all for welcoming me in your home once again.? The Senator left it at that, and everyone was encouraged to start eating.

Anakin looked at the food on his plate with confusion. Padme chewed a vegetable from her utensil, as she noticed Anakin?s look.

?What?s wrong?? She asked.

Palpatine glanced over at Shmi, as Ruwee?s attention was brought to his wife.

?I am Shmi Skywalker, ma lord.? She quickly responded, offering no more.

Palpatine laughed to himself, and continued.

?That boy? He is your son?? Palpatine says as his eyes widened.

Shmi nodded. ?Yes, he is my Anakin.?

?I?ve noticed your husband is not here, or am I mistaken?? P

7. lady_sapphire

Feb 12, 2005
    ahhh, the plot thickens even though you said palpatine might not come up again for awhile.

still, i really like this story. it's a cool idea and i know it's going to keep getting better once they get a little older.

8. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    ***hums Imperial March***

Oooo the plot thickens

Glad Padme broke up the Shmi/ Palpatine thing, that was creeping me out.

9. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Jeditheskyisblue - aww, well enjoy your weekend and I hope to see you back ASAP, there should be several updates for you when you return, thanks for reading.

jmsbndgrl - thanks, I was wondering what you thought of the pacing. I'm kind of scared to go 4 days in 4 chapters, then try to skip ahead like two months. thought you might have an opinion for me on that. And yes, Padme had to take matters into her own hands.

lady_sapphire - I'm trying to keep it sweet, I really am, but as you can tell by my name, I am soured by the dark side, so, I just wonder how long I can keep this up. Although I admit Chapter 5 was rather freaky i guess with palpy. Next few chapters don't really focus on palpy, he has to be in congress remember.

i would also like to ask everyone, give Palpatine half a chance, I'm going to give you PLENTY of reasons to hate his filthy guts, but like i say, just give him a chance for a little bit in this story.

Got another chapter written, probably will be posted in the morning unless I get a demand for it, i'll get it up before i go to work tonight. I just haven't committed that I want to post it as 6 or 7th chapter. this chapter skips ahead about 2 or 3 months, and I'm kind of scared to do it after the first 5 chapters have basically spanded 5 days.

Edited for Note: Just wanted to point out, I've changed the name of the story from "An Altered Beginning" to just plain "Altered Beginning" I think it's better, big whoop huh? just thought I'd point that out.

10. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chapter 6 is done, I will post it in about 8 hours when I can access it.

i'm kinda disappointed no one has mentioned the scene between anakin/sola/padme at the dinner table, but oh well.

Chapter 6 they age a few months, so everyone who wants to see them start getting a little older I'm gradually going to start doing that.

thanks to everyone who is reading.

11. Aiel

Aiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Great story. A lot of fun. More soon?

12. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chapter 6
    Stroll in the Gardens

The weeks passed into the summer. Padme and Anakin enjoyed the summer, hardly doing a real thing besides their daily chores. Padme had originally signed up for bonus summer classes in Theed, for the legislative program, but had canceled those plans, after the wreck on Tatoonie.

Her parents thought it would be best if she took one summer to at least be a child, before she fully invests the rest of her life in politics.

Yet it didn?t seem like Senator?s had too many obligations at times. Padme had noticed that Senator Palpatine?s friendly family dinners had become a more common occurrence.

She felt uneasy as of late around him. Anakin seemed fine. In fact Padme had noticed the Senator was probably the person he was closest to since moving to Naboo a few short months ago. Well, besides her of course, being Anakin?s best friend. After their rough start, Padme had warmed up to Anakin considerably. She now took her frustrations out on everyone, except Anakin.

Anakin had just turned 12 over the period of last week?s events. Padme was planning her own birthday party. Unbeknownst to Anakin, Padme has not only invited her friends, but also a boy from the Legislative Youth Program, that she has not seen all summer.

It was a mild summer day on Naboo. Blue clear skies, a bit too much humidity but overall it was perfect. Anakin is getting a little too familiar with running around adventuring with Padme from one day to the next, he knew soon the summer months would be over, and he would actually have to start a real life, with much more responsibility. But that day was not to be today, as they walked down the trails of the Gardens.

?I see the courtship of your mother continues.? Padme said, raising a concerned eyebrow.

Anakin nodded knowingly. ?Must have never told him we were slaves.? He said making fun of himself.

?I think it?s weird.? Padme suggested.

Anakin squinted his eyes to block out the Sun?s glare, and viewed Padme as they continued to walk down the trail in the garden.

?Weird, I don?t see how it?s weird, besides they come from two totally different places.? Anakin retorted.

?How do I know Ani, he just gives me a bad vibe. Especially ever since he met you. I always obliged him before, but now I don?t know, there is something else about him.? Padme tried to explain her thoughts.

Anakin didn?t want to hear any of it.

?I don?t get it Padme.? Anakin said rocking his head back and forth in a twitch of anger, as they walked.

?Get what Ani?? She questioned.

?You don?t want me to be happy, is that it?? Anakin blurted. Padme stopped in her tracks, and looked at him in shock. She shook her head emphatically.

?Of course I want happiness for you, how could you say that? You?re my best friend Anakin. I?ve known you for less than three months and can honestly say you are my best friend.? Padme?s tone angered at his aggressiveness. She thought she had already rid him of it weeks ago. She was wrong.

?Then why can?t my mom just be happy. She?s always so sad. She?s always been sad, but when The Senator is around, he makes her smile. I like to watch my mom smile.? Anakin said, he was trying to hold back tears as he thought of his poor mother.

Padme walked up to him and stood face to face with him.

?I?m sorry Ani, I didn?t know you felt so passionate about it.? Padme explained her side of the story.

?Nah, it?s okay, I guess it?s my fault anyway, I should have told you before. After all, we are best friends.? Anakin said, finally a smile coming back over to his face.

?So, what if Senator Palpatine marries your mom, then you?ll be almost like royalty.? Padme said smiling at him.

?Almost? And why would I want to be royalty anyway, seems kind of lame.? Anakin said, looking at the river that carried millions of gallons of water past them. Then to the yellow and pink flowers to the sides of the trail.

?Because, then you could be like me.? Padme took a silly bow, then continued walking forward.

Anaki

13. lady_sapphire

Feb 12, 2005
    awww, poor ani. first he's worried about his mom, then school.

at least padme isn't really being a jerk to him anymore. good update! more! more!

14. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    To make your feel better, a comment about the Sola/Padme/Anakin dinner scene:

That was too funny. I loved that Anakin was comparing Padme to Sola and commenting that he was in heaven surrounded by the Naberrie sisters.

Now on to the next chapter...

Glad that Padme is out of her mad at Anakin for everything stage, but also glad the friendly ribbing is still taking place. Please tell me we are going to get to read her birthday party. I can't wait to see Anakin's reaction when another guy enters the picture.

I know you said give Palpatine a chance, but unfortunately I'm a little biased. Therefore, I'll have to agree with Padme on this one, and suggest that Palpatine leave Shmi alone.

15. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    I just catched up with another wonderful story of yours.
    You don`t make a break, do you? :p

I like the way you are describing Anakin and Padme as children.
    There are many many ways to continue this story. I mean that there are many events possible.

And as I see our old 'friend' Senator Palpatine stepped into action [face_frustrated]
    Palpy must be warned. Gray hair and sithy eyes are not very charming

Actually I am sorry for Shmi. That old man is on for no good as always :mad:

Anyway, you are doing some good job as always :)

16. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    lady_sapphire - thanks for replying as always

jmsbndgrl - heh, thanks for mentioning that scene. And yes Chapter 7 will be Padme's birthday Party, Chapter 8 will be the first day of school. I can tell you that much. Both should be fun chapters. Everything should be fun with this story up until the end of the school year, then I have big plans!!!

Starshine - when i get a plot bunny i just can't help myself, and I've got SOOOOO many ideas for this story, it's literally going to take forever to complete.

i've actually thought about splitting it up into 2 or 3 different stories as a whole, I have a feeling it will take so long.

and remember Palpy is a little younger than he was in AOTC and Shmi isn't exactly the best thing ever and she's a former slave, of course she's going to be swept off he feet, especially by a Senator. I'm truly going to show a different side to Palpatine in this story, not to say he isn't evil, he's very evil and you will probably hate his guts more than ever once you see what he does, but he will be different, but that's all i will say.

17. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    Nice chapter.

What was with Padme and the knife? She freaked out a bit with it.

18. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chapter 7
    Padme?s Birthday

Shmi shook Anakin out of bed. He had been sleeping in a lot lately, something he had never been afforded as a slave. Anakin?s mind came back to the world of the living, and he looked at Shmi.

?Aww mom, just ten more minutes.? Anakin said, rolling over throwing a pillow over his head.

?No Ani, remember it?s Padme?s birthday today.? Shmi reminded him. Anakin immediately shot up out of bed, and rolled over to the floor, falling back first. He jumped up with a spring in his step and ran to his closet.

?Goodness Anakin, if I fell like that I would break a hip.? Shmi said laughing at her enthused son.

Anakin tore through his closet looking for his best outfit. He knew today was going to be a special day for Padme. Turning thirteen was a big deal for young ladies on Naboo.

Anakin suddenly realized something. At the end of the party, the birthday girl would select a partner to have a dance with, for a single song, it was tradition. Anakin gulped.

?Mom, do you know how to dance?? Anakin asked as his cheeks turned red.

Shmi shook her head no. ?Unfortunately no Anakin, just follow her moves.? She responded knowing exactly where his fear came from.

?What? But the guy is supposed to lead!? Anakin blurted, as he crossed his arms and wanted to pout.

?Well then go ask Padme to teach you before the party starts.? Shmi suggested to him. Anakin knew that was a possibility. She had to choose at the party, he didn?t want to make assumptions for her by asking, but who else would she ask.

?I guess I?ll just go with it and do the best I can.? Anakin said, defeated.

Shmi walked over to her son and placed a hand on his head, and rubbed her fingers through his hair.

?Remember Ani, a lot of Padme?s friends from school will be at this party, many of them you have not met yet, so be on your best behavior.?

?Hey! It?s me!? Anakin said with a devilish grin. ?Is Senator Palpatine coming??

Shmi nodded as her face turned beet red. ?I have to get ready myself.? Shmi exited Anakin?s room as he continued to prepare himself for the big day. He put some manly smelling fragrances that the Senator had brought him from certain shops from the Capital. He wanted to make sure he smelt extra nice for Padme on her birthday.

~~

Padme walked into the living area of her house, wearing a new beautiful green dress her mother had bought for her. She turned around so her family could see her. Padme was a little embarrassed as she didn?t know how it truly looked on her.

?Oh, you look wonderful Padme.? Jobal exclaimed. ?You are going to have such a wonderful time today.?

?Thank you mother, this dress is beautiful, I?m glad it makes me look just as beautiful.?

?You don?t need a fancy dress to make you beautiful Padme.? Ruwee jumped into the conversation. She usually didn?t hear such comments from her Father, it pleased her.

?So? Can you tell me where we are going now?? Padme had to know where the party was taking place; it had been eating at her for a month.

Jobal laughed and looked to Ruwee. He nodded in approval.

?We are going to Theed Royal Palace. The Queen thinks you are a very special young lady and offered this months ago, since it is your thirteenth birthday.? Jobal told her.

Padme?s hands covered her mouth in excitement. She was actually going to have a ?Royal? party. She couldn?t believe her luck.

Eventually the Skywalker's and the Naberrie?s met outside of their respective houses. Shmi worked in a nearby shop to put food on the table for herself and Anakin, but the Naberrie?s constantly helped them. But recently the Senator had lavished the Skywalker house with expensive furniture and appliances.

Anakin saw Padme walking from the front door behind Sola. Anakin was mesmerized. He couldn?t believe someone so young in age could be so beautiful. His mouth fell open as the Naberrie?s made there way to meet them to head to the transport.

?Oh, you look wonderful Shmi.? Jobal exclaimed as she gave her a small h

19. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    I do believe Anakin has come down with a slight case of jelousy.

Just a tad, but

20. jmsbndgrl

Dec 31, 2004
    I knew Anakin would get jealous. Great chapter. I understand why Padme picked Palo, if it was me I probably would have picked Palo too. Girls tend to like the older guys, especially at that age. However, she does need to watch it with Anakin especially since Palpatine is egging him on. Besides, Anakin won't always be a little boy. ;)

21. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    wow, I missed a lot!
    Can't blame Padme, she has a crush on that Palo guy, eventually she'll end up with Anakin for sure (right???? ;)). Poor anakin though, he is really jealous and Palpy seems to enjoy it, bet he'll try and take advantage of it. Great chapters, it's getting really good.

22. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    astarael - I would have to say your right.

jmsbndgrl - glad everything makes sense so far, thanks fore reading.

Lieutenant_Jaina - Yea, i thought it would be interesting, now Palpy can egg him on from an early age without any jedi teachings to derail him.

23. Moons_of_Iego_angel7

Moons_of_Iego_angel7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 2, 2005
    OMG that is so sweet! update soon I want to see what happens here.... :)

24. lady_sapphire

Feb 12, 2005
    can't really blame anakin, though. she really broke his heart.

of course, he reacted exactly the way palpy knew he would.

stupid padme! can't see what's right in front of her...

25. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Chatper 8 (FIXED, HOPEFULLY)

Anakin looked around his new school, and he immediately felt nervous. He almost had forgotten Padme was standing next to him. He felt awe that there were actually institutions like this in the Galaxy. As usual, he would have never seen anything like this on Tatoonie.

?Anakin, come on! It won?t be that bad.? Padme said, grabbing him by the arm, forcing him to move to their first class.

?I?m just nervous, really nervous. What if I?m not smart enough to be at this private school, maybe I should have just went to a public school.?

Padme shook her head and rolled her eyes at her best friend.

?Don?t talk like that Ani! You?re very smart, and you?ll do fine! We have all the same classes, my parents called in a favor, so you?ll be in the same room as me all day!? Padme informed him.
    Anakin looked around his new school, and he immediately felt nervous. He almost had forgotten Padme was standing next to him. He felt awe that there were actually institutions like this in the Galaxy. As usual, he would have never seen anything like this on Tatoonie.

?Anakin, come on! It won?t be that bad.? Padme said, grabbing him by the arm, forcing him to move to their first class.

?I?m just nervous, really nervous. What if I?m not smart enough to be at this private school, maybe I should have just went to a public school.?

Padme shook her head and rolled her eyes at her best friend.

?Don?t talk like that Ani! Your very smart, and you?ll do fine! We have all the same classes, my parents called in a favor, so you?ll be in the same room as me all day!? Padme informed him.

Anakin liked that thought. He could daydream all day as he stared at his Padme. They walked down the halls brushing by other students. Someone came from behind Padme and grabbed her waist in a playful way.

She shrieked and turned around.

?Palo!?

Palo smiled, and Anakin gave him an evil glare.

?Can I walk you to your class?? Palo asked. Padme nodded as her cheeks blushed. Palo took her hand, and they held hands all the way to class. Anakin followed ten feet behind them, seething the whole way to their first class.

Palo and Padme chatted, and once again Anakin felt completely ignored. They came to their first class, and Palo dropped Padme off.

?Well, I must get to my own class.? Palo said, smiling at Padme.

?Yea, you wouldn?t want to be late on the first day.? Anakin chimed in, giving a fake smile to the older boy.

Palo laughed under his breath, and shook his head and walked to his own upper level class. Padme slapped Anakin the arm.

?Don?t be rude, Anakin.? Padme said turning around heading into the class room.

?Don?t be rude Anakin!? Anakin said in a mocking way, low enough so Padme wouldn?t hear him.

Anakin plopped down in the seat right next to Padme.

?Anakin you can?t sit here, it?s assigned seating. Look for your name.? Padme suggested, and pointed him off.

Anakin saw what she meant, and again his hopes were dashed. This day just kept getting worse. He reluctantly stood up and found his proper seat. The teacher stood from her desk, and greeted the class as everyone quieted down.

?Welcome children, to Galactic History II.? The teacher announced. ?I am Mrs. Hiden and I look forward to having a great school year with all of you.?

Anakin?s mind drifted. He looked across the room and saw Padme. She was completely entrenched in her studies. She listened to every word the teacher said. Anakin could not even hear the teacher, he was so fixated on Padme.

?Do you know the answer? There um..? Mrs. Hiden looked at her chart. ?Anakin, do you know the answer??

Anakin?s head shot up, and looked at her. He didn?t even know the question. Anakin looked around the room in embarrassment, he knew this was going to happen. He shook his head finally, no.

?Well perhaps if you would pay attention and quit looking at a certain someone, you would know the answer!? Mrs. Hiden scolded him. Everyone in the room started to laugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.