main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Amazing Mundi- Jedi Master Ki-Adi-Mundi and the Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralNick22 , Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Hello all. Been a long time since I actually posted a thread, but I have been sitting on this idea for a bit. This thread is open to discuss anything related to everyone's favorite Cerean Jedi Master, Ki-Adi-Mundi.

Ki-Adi-Mundi has been my favorite member of the Jedi Council since I first saw The Phantom Menace. (Apparently I like aliens with big heads, like Ackbar) :p His role in that movie was obviously limited, but he goes on to do great things during the Clone Wars. Firstly, his role in leading the attack on the Droid Control ship during the battle of Geonosis. While it was cut from the film, it can been seen by members of the Hyperspace feature of The Official Site. In it, we get to see Ki-Adi-Mundi's lightsaber skills in action.

What has impressed me most of all about Ki-Adi-Mundi is his calm leadership and control of the situation on Hypori early in the war and seen on the Clone Wars cartoon series on Cartoon Network. He shows just why he is a Jedi Master and Councilmember. He exudes a calm and focused sense, and directs the survivors of the Jedi strike force in their combat with General Grievous. He is also the last one standing of the group. Watching his battle with Grievous, Ki-Adi shows extreme skill with a lightsaber. But, overall, I just got the sense that he is a Jedi Master with a great sense of control.

Of course, Ki-Adi-Mundi does other great things in the Clone Wars. He gets assigned to master then Padawan Anakin Skywalker when Kenobi is presumed dead. The Cerean Jedi Master shows skill as a fighter pilot as well, using his Jedi Starfighter deftly. As a general in the Grand Army of the Republic, he leads or particpates in several campaigns.

And, of course, he will appear in Revenge of the Sith. ;)

So, if you are interested in Ki-Adi-Mundi, this is the thread for you. :D

--Adm. Nick

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Man it sucks his entire family was killed during the Clone Wars.

3. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    I was rather surprised how he was anything but calm when the ARC Troopers arrived. "Shoot him, shoot him down!" and the "We must pursue!" lines come to mind. Hell, the ARC Trooper had to basically explain what was best to a Jedi. The whole fight and near-death thingy really hit him hard there. Makes him a whole lot more Human/Cerean tho'.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Outlander rocked big time, that's all that matters. :cool:

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    burrie:

Well, Ki-Adi-Mundi starts off in total control and poised for battle. He faces Greivous bravely depite the fact that he is outnumbered. Now, once the ARC troopers showed up, he obviously wanted to make sure that they captured or killed the general. Now, it is understandable that he let some emotion show towards the battles conclusion. Afterall, his fellow Jedi were either all dead or severely wounded.

Am I the only one impressed with his performance in the Clone Wars series?

--Adm. Nick

6. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Outlander rocked big time, that's all that matters.

:_| I agree with Ex. My one and only problem with Outlander is that I'm so fraggin' sick of Tatooine it isn't even funny.

7. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    It's moot now, but did Ki-Adi-Mundi ever get the son he wanted in Prelude to Rebellion?

8. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I have to agree with the nick about clone wars 20, thats the episode that really made me like Ki adi and actually see him as a character. Ill also agree with burrie about Ki adi's outburts in 21, but I suppose the guys just exhuasted. I mean who knows how long he and Grievous have been going at it by the time the clones arrive, plus hes just seen several jedi get utterly owned, so hes entitled to a little bit of emotion. Going by the ROTS trailer (and common sense) it looks like he wont survive the film, but hopefully he'll make a good show of it.

9. burrie

burrie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2000
    Ach, believe me when I type that it wasn't an attack on Mundi's character at all. If all of me friends, whom are supposed to take on one guy by themselves easily, were completely and utterly defeated by this strange new threat, I wouldn't be "Ah well, he's strong, better report in, letsgo". I'd try my best to get him down as well.

It really made Mundi a good character, one who cared. To be honest, there are quite a few Jedi whom I had expected to merely pose for the camera while staring at Grievous with vengeance in their eyes. The fact that Mundi didn't already made me sympathise with him a whole lot more.

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    If Ki were truly a master of the Jedi-Zen thing, he would've learned a few things from The Official Ninja Website.

But he didn't, thus he screams. (Plus maybe losing a couple of hot-ass wives to the Confeds is playing a role in his screaming. I would, too.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.