main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Amazing Race (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jordan1Kenobi , Jun 28, 2013.

1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Are there any other fans of The Amazing Race here? I reckon it's the best show ever!

This thread is for discussing anything related to The Amazing Race, including international versions.

So who is everyone's all time favourite and least favourite teams? What seasons did you think were the best? Who do you want to be in the next all-stars season?

And what did everyone think of season 22? I thought it was a great season, and I was so glad that Bates & Anthony won, who became my favourite team after Dave & Connor got eliminated. I just hope they bring back Dave & Connor for the next all-stars season, because I think they'd have a good chance at winning, considering they won two legs in a row while Dave was on crutches!

Luke02 likes this.
  2. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I'm a huge fan of The Amazing Race and thought the season premiere got off to a great start.

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I like this show, Globetrotters are my favourite, and the Cowboys. Not enough eye candy this season, and I'm really not sure about the blind date teams and all the rest being dating teams. Still, good to change it up a bit, I guess...

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  4. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Time to bring back my old thread, cause I just finished season 31 and am completely up to date now. I’m disappointed Becca & Floyd or Leo & Jamal didn’t win, but at the same time, I was happy to see Colin & Christie win. Imagine getting a call back 15 years later to come back on the show, and then winning it. Team Fun is the best team I’ve seen in years, and I hope they bring them back for the next all-stars season.

Speaking of the next all-stars season, if I had to pick all of the 11 teams to come back I’d go for: Becca & Floyd (s29/31), Matt & Redmond (s29), London & Logan (s29), Alex & Connor (s30), Hayley & Blair (s26), Seth & Olive (s29), Tara & Joey (s29), Aly & Steve (s26), Ernest & Jin (s27), Chris & Bret (s31), and Nicole & Victor (s31).

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    Luke02 likes this.
  5. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    We were pulling for Team Fun but were okay with Colin & Christie winning. Not our favorite team to win but certainly had teams we were like less win too.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  6. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    surely not every race is amazing is it? aren't there sometimes just some moderately OK races?

Chewgumma likes this.
  7. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Did anyone watch the latest season that just finished today? That was the worst season yet. The alliance just ruined the experience for the other contestants and us viewers at home. I wanted the NFL players or the blonde sisters to win, but they got done so dirty.

So to answer the guy above me a year later - yes, there are some moderately ok races.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I just got into this show this fall, mostly because there was no Survivor. I've watched most seasons 1-12 and the current season 32 at this point. So no spoilers for those other seasons!

But I will say... While they do need to fix how easy it is for an alliance to break a challenge, exploiting it was perfectly within the rules. I don't blame the teams I blame the production.

I did cry at the end of this season though, happy tears for that proposal ... I passed this on to the winning team via Reddit and they were appreciative since they've gotten a lot of hate.

9. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Glad you’re enjoying the show! I think it was at it’s best between seasons 10-20, give or take a few. The latest seasons just don’t have as many memorable teams as they used to. Heck even season 1 had those hilarious frat brothers, Kevin and Drew, who are still one of the most memorable to this day.

TX-20 likes this.
  10. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Re-watching Season One and still amazed by how different it is compared to the later seasons. The airport drama alone takes up the first half of an episode, while most tasks are just "drive 200 miles to read a clue that tells you to drive another 500 miles to take a flight to another country!".

It's awesome.

11. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm happy that the Amazing Race is back and they addressed how the current season was cut short due to the pandemic, but they were able to complete the race, which I'm looking forward to seeing what that actually means (i.e. which countries they were able to complete the race).

12. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

Yeah it'll certainly be interesting. I need to watch tonight's in a few hours.

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Ooh I need to watch this new season too. Didn’t expect it to be back already, so this was a nice surprise.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I was surprised when the announced this season was going to be aired.

I think The Amazing Race provides some of the best drama on network TV. I mean the show's editing of the last two teams to make to the finish line always leaves some doubt and questioning on which team will come in last place at the end of each leg. It's one of the main reasons it usually wins the Emmy for Outstanding Competition Program over the years.

Luke02 and Jordan1Kenobi like this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Man I'm sad it doesn't look like the train guys are coming back

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Steve Bannon's favorite reality show.

TX-20 likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    they added 25 seasons to Disney Plus in Canada! 25!

I think I watched the one when Boston Rob was on, that's it.