main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I've been on the record as hating ASM2 since it came out, I think. I mean, just for The Rhino alone . . .

I think DeHaan is a great Harry. But not even the Gwen stuff is any good in this one; she was one of the best things about the first movie, but the Gwen-Peter relationship in this movie is really stupid and annoying.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I do not actively dislike or disapprove of any film about Spider-Man that has been released since 2001. Just varying levels of "I like it enough" to "flat-out love".

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  3. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Rumours are circulating now about Spider-Man's involvement in the MCU, based on the inclusion of Danny Elfman's name on the latest Avengers Poster. Speculation suggests that since Danny is responsible for the Spider-Man score of the first and most of the second Spider-Man films (and themes use in the third), that they are borrowing his score for Avengers for a Spider-Man appearance. Which has led to speculation that Tobey Maguire will return. Which has led to speculation that based on recent reports from a The Wrap representative (who I am told is usually pretty reliable in his scoops) that Marvel has canned efforts to find a white Spider-Man and will instead pursue an "ethnic" (Black/Hispanic) Spidey) that Peter's Spidey won't survive Ultron and the mantle will be passed to Miles Morals either in Civil War (though I have yet to see confirmation he will be in this film) or a Spidey solo film.

tl;dr version, the internet thinks Tobey is back as Spidey but will be killed to bring in Miles. Which of course is all speculation and rumours and should be taken with a grain of salt........

5. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    But then there's the question of where he was during Avengers 1. I guess we can imagine he happened to unfortunately (fortunately?) be on vacation at the time. I'd like to think he was in the Bahamas. What's Peter's post-photographer profession? He was still attending NYU in Spider-Man 3, and if I remember correctly, the class that is referenced is physics. He was in the Bahamas with Mary Jane celebrating his new construction engineering job. He did mention the acoustics of the theater hall that time in Spider-Man 2… :p

He more likely would go into research, though, I think.

6. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    NYC is a BIG city. It's entirely possible he was elsewhere dealing with the fallout of the same crisis (Marvel could do another Blu Ray short explaining where he was).

In the comics he has a few different jobs outside of working at the Bugle, including teacher and recently the owner of his own cutting edge science and tech company.

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I really hope they don't bring Tobey back. Seeing how an emotionally dead Spiderman who can't read social queues was eclipsed by Garfield's take, it would only be good to see him die and that's it.

soitscometothis likes this.
  8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I significantly disliked his Spider-Man, while loving his Peter Parker. I think I was the opposite with Tobey. Can we make Andrew Maguire or Toby Garfield?

That's a really interesting concept!

9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    HOW CAN YOU DISLIKE THIS?!

[​IMG]

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    A not-loading picture? I can dislike it pretty easily?

:p

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I can see it. Might just be you, dp. Maybe don't use IE?

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

[​IMG]
    Google Chrome

A web browser built for speed, simplicity, and security

Version 40.0.2214.115 m

Google Chrome is up to date.
    [​IMG]

13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    It would be reallllly odd if they literally just brought in Peter Parker for a cameo to kill him off in Age of Ultron. Hell, if you're going to do that, bring in Garfield to sorta sideways punt the ASM flicks into the MCU (Hey, look, it's that Spider-Man we know. Ooops, now he's dead). But the idea that AoU will be reshot and rewritten extensively to cram in a Spider-Man death scene that nobody knows about sounds rather implausible to me.

14. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
    I don't see it either, Ender, and I'm on Chrome too.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
  16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    403 Forbidden!

But I saw it earlier. And the one part of him with the fire hat on is awesome, but the other stuff he does... man, he's a terrible Spider-Man.

17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /wp-content/uploads/2013/11/amazing-spider-man-2-picture-1-1182013-164619.jpg on this server.

18. Spider-Fan

Jul 15, 2008
    Forbidden.

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    haha, suckers.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  21. Violent Violet Menace

Aug 11, 2004
  22. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I don't see a rat's chance in hell that Sony replaces Peter Parker with Miles Morales. They're hurting enough already, the last thing they are going to want to do is kill the far more well-known version of the character.

23. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Who wants to bet Tom Rothman won't let the Spider-Man movies use the Spider-Slayers, because they are a kind of giant robot?

24. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    It's too soon for Miles. Much better to give Peter a race change. Marvel is rebooting now so they can have the MCU and new continuity Spiderman be a minority race all at the same time.

Do all the classic storylines for a movie or two. Then like the MCU is doing with Cap and others, have Miles take over the role for a few movies before handing it back to Peter with a new actor

25. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I agree you really can't do Miles without Peter Parker, I'd be downright odd to put shove Miles out there first without him having the experience of looking up to Peter Parker and then seeing him die.