main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    wow. That's quite the compliment.

tom likes this.
  2. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014

Or maybe she's the fourth Sanderson sister from Hocus Pocus. :p

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I was listening to the YouTubes the other day, (IIRC) specifically Collider Movie Talk, and the panel were joking around that the Tomei iteration of Aunt May is pretty hot and relatively young and may be back in the dating pool. Therefore, any gentleman caller visiting Aunt May might have Peter calling them "uncle." That would be an interesting dynamic, an Aunt May on Tinder.

I still would have loved if Alyssa Milano was cast as Aunt May.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Well, May did date in the 616 universe from time to time.

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    convoluted rumour control time butttt

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/rumor-possible-spider-man-casting-list-surfaces

the whole "homemade Spider-Man costume" may be more homemade than we thought as in goggles and hoodie. Actually seems a bit Ben Riley but also probably like the five or ten minutes of homemade Spidey costume that we saw in Amazing Spider-Man.

I still stand by Tony Stark upgrading Parker's duds. (To hopefully Iron Spider! Then classic Spidey outfit by the end)

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I hope all of Civil War is a fashion parade. And if we can get a Dumb and Dumber montage in there, all the better.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Not exactly a spinoff.

Spider Man Brawls Real Life Villain In Times Square

Hogarth Wrightson likes this.
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    We live in a world of ********s with camera phones.

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Just imagine in about 5 years when everyone has something like Google glass and a drone with a camera.

Diggy likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Garfield post-mortem interview tidbits. Even he wanted to be in the MCU! Cuz the guy's a Spidey geek, dammit!

http://uproxx.com/movies/2015/08/andrew-garfield-spider-man-marvel/

With the next Spider-Man movie, you can just watch it like the rest of us.
    Exactly, yeah. And I’ve been petitioning to hook up with Marvel since the beginning, so I’m really glad they’re finally doing it.
    Were you ever in talks with Marvel to continue on as Peter?
    No. To be honest [pauses], all the ins and outs of what happened is a more tender conversation that maybe I don’t want to talk about in public in a press situation. But all I can say is that I’m stoked to go and watch a Marvel film of Spider-Man.
    Did you know what would have happened in The Amazing Spider-Man 3?
    I was actually starting to workshop ideas with Alex Kurtzman, who was going to be writing it. We thought to kind of start from the base level, the foundational level of where have we left Peter and where do we want to see him go and what’s logical. And how do we build upon where we left off with this deep, desperate moment with Gwen? So, yeah, we got to some pretty heavy places and I was really excited to kind of explore it and be involved on the ground level like that. But, anyway, it wasn’t meant to be. As I say, I’m just really excited that I get to watch.

I actually maintain that both Amazing Spider-Man movies could have been cut & pasted into the MCU wholesale (only ticksy bit is dead Norman Osborn but even the own movie doesn't believe that, also seeing Chris Cooper go Full Goblin would have been fantastic), but I totally understand that Marvel wants their own distinctive take from the bottom up.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  11. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Who else hopes Marisa Tomei's Aunt May will talk like her character from My Cousin Vinny?

"Petah, wake your *** up! You got school!"

12. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    "You get your %$#@*&^ suit, I'll make your %^$#@*& breakfast!"

13. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    What will villains will the third reboot have? The only ones not used in live action film are Vulture, Shocker, Hob Goblin, Kraven, Scorpion, etc.

I can see Scorpion for the origin story, Vulture for the second, and Kraven for the third.

14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I honestly expect the first Spidey movie to go pretty c-list like The Shocker or something, I fully expect the focus to be more on the high school relationships / integrating Spidey into the MCU (and maybe getting his Avengers card.)

Or, screw it, go Mysterio! Full Mysterio, dammit. And keep the fishbowl head, it's an awesome look.

15. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    No origin story for this Spider-Man, it was confirmed. I think they said new villains too.

What I typed here a few weeks ago:

Goons like a Scorpion, Shocker, etc. couldn't be a main villain. Maybe play a role similar to Rhino in ASM2 but that's it. Kraven has a little more depth but I'd put him in the same category.​

I could see Mysterio or the Chameleon playing a role, but they're weak on their own, would have to pair up with another villain. Same with the Kingpin, would love to see him, but he'd need to team up with some of those goons above.​

Carnage would be too bloody or a disappointment.​

I could see the Vulture, but only if it's the 90's cartoon version of a multimillionaire seeking to steal stuff that's not on the market so he can have eternal youth.​

I could see the Alistaire Smythe and the Spider-Slayers (culminating with cyborg Smythe himself... Or maybe the Peter's android impostor parents plot, which I always thought would be in ASM3), or even the Jackal and the Spider-clones Kaine and Ben-Reilly.... But I can only see those happening a couple movies after the new Spider-Man is established.​

And to add to that, they could go in two different directions, have an Epic Enemy or a Personal Villain.

For the villains who mean something personal, there's: the Osborn Goblins and the Jackal(with Clones). Maybe the Lizard, Venom, and possibly Doc Ock. And of course the Burglar.
    All already done, except the Jackal and a Clone Saga.

For an enemy of epic proportions" there's Electro, and maybe a Carnage (possibly with symbiote invasion, or teamed up with a mastermind).
    Electro has now been done. Carnage, like I said, would probably be R-rated or a disappointment.

The 3rd option is to not have the villain be the focus (somewhat, like Rhino in ASM2), and be all focused on Spider-Man/Peter Parker. Example: what he learns while/by fighting someone, or just have the primary plot be Peter Parker stuff (balancing with school, girlfriends, bullies, Aunt May, money problems, secret identity inconveniences).

16. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Does Spidey have anyone in his rogue's gallery who also isn't also a Facebook friend? It seems like every villain is either a friend, a friend's father, a co-worker, his boss' son, a teacher/professor of his or else someone with a direct connection to him. Spidey's is a small world. If you know him, chances are good that at some point a freak accident will give you powers, but also make you crazy and evil.

Don't get me wrong, a personal connection with the big bad is cool, but it got so bad that Raimi was even ret-conning baddies to be personally connected to Pete. So this time, just for something different, how about a baddie not on Peter Parker's Friends and Family plan.

17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Yeah, but I think that was done for the reasons I put above. A story, any story, is usually better when it's personal between the hero and the villain, for whatever reason.

It has been overdone a little with Spider-Man, which made me try to think of his more epic enemies... and the only two that could fit that are Electro (done) and Carnage (R-rated).

So I think the new Spidey will start out with the focus on him and his challenges and growth. Especially since they said they're not reusing villains.

18. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    personally Peter's personal life was always such a draw and interest to fans i don't think they need a villain that dominate's the movie.

19. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Indeed, real-life was always Spidey's real arch-enemy.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  20. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    see ASM #33. it's not Doc Ock's depth that carries the story, it's that Spidey gets trapped in his HQ while aunt may is on her death bed....for the first time in about oh 50 times.

21. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I don't know if OsCorp should return or the Green Goblin. Perhaps the King Pin can be a larger villain.

For the origin story, King Pin has petty thugs like Shocker and Chameleon committing crimes for him to take control of the New York underworld. Maybe one of them kills Uncle Ben directly or indirectly. Black Cat I think will be known to Spider-Man here as she is trying to stop him after he father's murder. They team up in this cause.

The second is about Vulture trying to take over what remains of the King Pin's organization. He creates other subordinates such as Hydro-Man and others to help him. Perhaps Allastair Smythe too.

Kraven comes to town in the next film simply in the hope of hunting and killing the now famous Spider-Man. Black Cat helps him her as well. Perhaps Mac Gargan is made into Scorpion here to loir Spider-Man out in a trap and Kraven can pursue him.

22. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    It definitely works if it doesn't feel too contrived. I always liked that Chris Nolan chose to go with Ra's al Guhl instead of a more "A-list" villain to start off his Batman trilogy. Guhl simply serves the story better at that stage than the more famous baddies, and his relationship with Batman/Bruce Wayne is the crux of the entire movie.

Whatever villain they choose, connected personally or not, there has to be something about the threat they pose that tests a weak spot in Peter Parker; makes him grow. That's far more important than simply being the kid's teacher or something.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  23. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I know the Kingpin has only been in the Daredevil series in the MCU, but why not have him in the Spider-Man movie? Sure, he won't be the one that goes toe-to-toe with Spider-Man, but maybe have him as a behind-the-scenes villain while the main villain is in his payroll.

If not Fisk, then have Norman Osborn make an appearance. As with Fisk, he wouldn't go up against Spider-Man in this movie, but maybe would manipulate things while he's preparing to become the Green Goblin for a later appearance. I think Jason Isaacs would make an excellent Norman Osborn in that respect.

BigAl6ft6 and Hogarth Wrightson like this.
  24. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Spider-Man's biggest enemy at this point will probably be the public's patience (or lack thereof) with another reboot.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The reason why I don't think Fisk would fit in a Spidey film right off the bat is this iteration of King Pin doesn't really fit as a foe. Fisk didn't see himself as a bad guy, but rather the savior of Hell Kitchen and I'm not sure if considers himself a bad guy while he's in prison. And if Fisk breaks out of prison, I think he'll go after Daredevil instead of Spider-Man. Moreover, the type of violence that Fisk dishes out, doesn't lend itself to a Spider-Man movie, thus diminishes the badass factor of King Pin.

I think there's a character in Spidey's gallery of rogues that can challenge and terrify Peter Parker in a unique way and that's Kraven. Kraven doesn't want to blow up New York or rob banks, but rather wants Spider-Man's head to mount as a trophy on his wall. Kraven will observe, learn, hunt and trap Spider-Man all for sport; much like a Predator. This is an unseasoned Spider-Man and it would be the perfect time for Kraven to hunt him. Morever, Kraven would be a character that wouldn't need alot of development and therefore would not need alot of screen time which would leave more time for Peter Parker and his world.

BigAl6ft6 and PCCViking like this.