main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I liked it better when he would only date Gwen when she was a zombie.

2. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Unfortunately no. I guess you could call a ton of marvel characters zombies since almost everyone who has died has come back at one point or another. Really the only one's that haven't and aren't likely ever going to are Her, Uncle Ben, And Captain Marvel.

To quote Avengers Assemble the web series
    Tony Stark "Anyone who hasn't died raise their hands"
    *nobody raises their hands"

Well then again there was a controversial story where Gwen had Sex with the green goblin prior to their deaths (although the green goblin would later return in the 90's.) and they had a kid that turned out to be or something. (i haven't actually read the story so i don't know the whole thing. It was retconned not very long after it happened due to fan backlash.

*Edit* There's also Marvel Zombies where Zombie Spider-Man Kills and eats Mary Jane.

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK... I was actually just kidding anyway. :D

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    That's not even remotely true. Mary Jane Watson was introduced in the Amazing Spider-Man #25, in 1965. Gwen debuted in Amazing #31, a few months later. Peter only went out with MJ a couple of times, before they stop seeing each other and shortly after that, is when he starts dating Gwen. There was no dating at the same time.

No, they did date. What "One Moment In Time" changed was that they never got married, but still remained a couple to accommodate the stories where they were together and she played a part in those tales. They then split up after "One More Day" and don't spend much time together until her return later on.

In "Sins Past" it is revealed that following the death of George Stacey and when Gwen had left to stay with her uncle Arthur in Paris, Norman followed her and was able to bed her. Due to the nature of the Goblin formula which made him what he is, Gwen's unexpected pregnancy winds up coming to term in a short time, resulting in the birth of twin children. It is retconned in that Norman went after Gwen because of that and caused her death more to get back at her than to hurt Peter. Norman died shortly afterwards, but the Goblin formula had an unexpected bonus of healing him like it does for Wolverine and the Hulk. Norman went to live in Europe as he thought that Harry would now be successful as the Green Goblin. He only returned because of Harry's demise, which itself was retconned as being faked by Mysterio.

5. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Pretty cool, 3 little mini trailers narrated by Stan Lee.

Spoiler(I think) in this one...

6. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Catches it with his foot! How about that!

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Info on post-credits scene for ASM2 plus new clips.

Man, they're really going all-out to spoiler the whole movie months before it ever comes out, aren't they?

Producers talk Venom & Sinister Six films.

'Tolmach confirms the films will be told from the villain's point of view, and the whole point of the films is to expand this cinematic world with Spider-Man at the heart:

"It's a challenge in every sense. Obviously questions of traditional hero/villain dynamics have to be looked at. At the same time it's an awesome challenge, because some of the greatest characters are in fact villains, and how you construct that is so much fun. People love those bad characters if they're good bad characters, and love to watch them. And nobody's all good, nobody's all bad, and so where we end up with that story, I think, is a really awesome challenge, and we all smile when we think about what you can do. It's definitely a bad-ass group of people and I think it's going to be a ton of fun to watch them.

That's the new thing that we constructed. [These movies] all come from the same place. We realized it would be really good in terms of storytelling to have a grand scheme for where and how these stories grow out of the centrepiece, which is always Spider-Man. These movies feel as though they're of a piece, so the fans feel like there's symmetry. It's a crazy luxury to have all these smart writers sitting around in a room brainstorming."

Long time "Spider-Man" producer Avi Arad expanded on these quotes, saying:

"With Marvel characters, the villains are victims of circumstance. If you look at our villains, none of them were born like that. Our villains are nice and complex and in the world of film writing you can play with that, you can make some wonderful things out of it. The Spider-Man universe has amazing villains, they are all character driven.

Venom hated only one guy - Spider-Man. He wasn't innately bad, he was a shortcut guy, not really into fighting hard for achievement. That's the Venom story. Can he also be a good guy? As you know, Venom was also called 'lethal defender of the innocent'. We had a great history with him, especially caring for the homeless, which is a very sensitive issue and something that many of us are very concerned with.

Our villains all represent a different side of the misunderstood, and some of them unfortunately turned to the dark side. Venom happened to be a phenomenal character. With Eddie Brock, or if you do Flash Thompson, it doesn't matter who is going to be inside the suit - what's important is that a man like him is going to realize there comes a time when you wake up in the morning and say 'How did I get here? There must be a better way."

Director Marc Webb also spoke about this anti-hero approach:

"We've been talking about how to make this universe even bigger, and really get underneath the skin of all the incredible characters. The cinematic possibilities of all these storylines are just magnificent. We've got some of the greatest writing minds around."'

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I have no interest in good guy anti-hero Venom, he has always been best as the enemy of Spider-Man because he was his darker reflection and knew all of his secrets and where to hurt him most. Having Venom take out criminals when we already have Spider-Man seems pretty pointless.

If you want tragic and manipulated bad guy, use Parker himself in the Symbiote.
    There is a guy with good intentions and no desire to kill being pushed in that direction by an alien organism. Eddie Brock embraced what the Symbiote wanted as Kassady did with Carnage, that is why they are such good villains.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Webb will not be directing ASM4, but would like to see MCU crossover.

"I'd like to be involved as a consultant, and I've already talked to these guys about it, but in terms of directing it, that will close out my tenure. I've had so much fun doing it, but after the third movie, it'll be the time to find something else."

"We're building out a more complicated Spider-Man universe with characters that people haven't seen in other Spider-Man movies—The Sinister Six, Venom, and more. We'd all love to overlap with other studios, but it's beyond my pay grade."

There's also teaser art up for ANOTHER trailer debuting soon. (Ugh! Just stop! I was looking forward to this movie but you're killing me with all these clips and trailers!)

[​IMG]

10. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Looks so bad ass that poster.

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm also kinda dissapoined that ASM4 might not be a direct sequel to the first three. I wanted them to make six films, because they originally intended to make 6 with Maguire but that never turned out (and thank god it never did...)

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I've stopped watching trailers and reading the summaries. In the two trailers I watched, I got the desired level of insight I wanted. Now, I want the movie with some suspense behind it.

soitscometothis likes this.
  13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Is May 1st the US release date? Because it's been advertised as April here

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Probably midnight showing for May 1st.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    That's why part of the reason why Carnage was created. Besides, with Venom you have a guy that will kill the bad guys whereas Spider-Man won't. Not to mention that his humor is more vicious. My favorite was when he would sing, "Strangers In The Night" as a gas truck blew up behind him.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I thought Toxin was meant to be the good heroic symbiote

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I think Toxin was meant to be somewhere between Venom and Spidey on the scale of heroic attitude.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If a bloated, over expanded, unnecessary Spider-Man Cinematic Universe leads to a Carnage movie, I'm suddenly on board.

Even though, inevitably, it'll be neutered to the point of bad comedy. Which means high hopes followed by crushing disappointment. You know, kind of life the Transformers movies.

19. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Carnage is not filmable unless they want a hard R rated Spidey and that's not going to happen anytime soon.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  20. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Carnage was created and popularized during the waning days of the Comics Code Authority. Nothing "hard R" in those books.

21. skyrimcat9416

skyrimcat9416 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2013
    I thought TASM was alright. Not great, but not bad either. It was nowhere as good as Sam Raimi's first two Spider-Man films.

I look foward to the sequel and hope it is a massive improvement over the first film. I still think it was too soon to reboot the series though.

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Which was well after Marvel reverted Venom back to being a villain in 1998.

A lot of the killing can be done off screen while staying PG-13.

23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

I somewhere still have the 4 part miniseries Venom did with Punisher. Funeral Pyre or something?

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I agree Carnage would be best done on film with a more adult rating. He writes on walls in blood, that's not very PG.

25. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Yep. That was the second mini which came out during "Maximum Carnage".