main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    o_O:confused:

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I only just recently saw ASM2. Thankfully I can forget about Tobey Maguire's awful and untrue films. Garfield IS Spiderman.

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Im glad you enjoyed it.

hudzu likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

I did! It was good to see a Spiderman film for a change. The ones we had earlier just weren't.

soitscometothis likes this.
  5. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Rumours...Marvel Studios/SONY deal blah blah, Venom canceled blah blah, another reboot, blah blah......yeah......

6. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Sony should better start getting with the program and accept that a crossover deal with Marvel Studios is really the best thing for all concerned. I mean, considering the amounts of $$$ involved, just what the hell are the powers that be waiting for?

7. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Sony should just sell the rights back for as much as they can get as point. No doubt the value has went down after SM3 and now ASM2.

8. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    They need to bring back Sam Raimi, Kirsten Dunst, and Tobey Maguire.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Great. Great great great. Popcorn time.

Juliet316 likes this.
  10. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Would the plot address Spiderman being developmentally challenged or otherwise socially retarded?

11. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Ender, do you think The Green Goblin got a good treatment in ASM2?

12. Six

Six Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 9, 2014
    Lol

13. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It would address him being socially awkward and somewhat unpopular, yes. Since, you know, that was part of the original character concept before he became an awesome skateboarding subversive that eats Captain Crunch and posts about it on his Twitter account.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    He was a nerd, not an aspie. There's a difference between being mildly socially awkward and inhumanly dead to the world. Maguire was the latter.

EDIT: To be clear, there was no point in the history of Spiderman where he looked like he was borderline sociopathic and had been beaten mercilessly as a child. Tobey Maguire never played anything close to a Spiderman we recognise - the only commonality was the costume. The rest of it? Someone else. Someone we wouldn't look up to.

15. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

[​IMG]

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Not a needed post.

17. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Well if you and Wocky are going to rehash the whole "Which movie Spidey is better?" with insults for the umpteenth time, then snacks are needed to be had and passed around.

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

No, but it's ok because the best of all 3 Raimi films cannot touch how good Garfield was as Spiderman. We haven't seen Spiderman on the screen before ASM; but ASM2 was the perfect comic book Spidey.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Garfield is a really good Spider-Man; I like him in the role a whole lot. But it's not "ok" that basically everything that wasn't Garfield in ASM2 was garbage. He's a really charming guy on screen and I agree that he's basically a perfect cast for Peter. But ASM2 was a massive train-wreck. It was a dreadful movie.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    I mean, it could have been better. Jamie Foxx was corny. But massive train wreck seems a bit hyperbolic.

Ender Sai likes this.
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That Times Square scene, especially the punchline with Spidey wearing a firefighter helmet (Safety first, kids!) and "England? Really?" is in my top 5 Spidey movie scenes. I flat out love ASM2 overall, gave it a rewatch when got the Blu Ray (Which was released on my birthday!) and honestly the only thing that really irks me is the Pete's parents subplot but that is eventually dropped in a giant webcam exposition bomb (and I'm glad they cut out the Peter meets his father at Gwen's grave scene, it kinda curbstomps the dramatic impact of Gwen's death).

I will admit to being a Spidey geek and there isn't a single Spider-Man movie I actively dislike. Just various levels of extreme enjoyment. Yes, even Spider-Man 3. Which I still really like! But I can see the comparisons between SM3 and ASM2 as having too much in it but I think ASM2 does a much, much better balancing act than SM3 did. the villain soufle is cooked better in ASM2 than the sometimes random gearshifts of SM3.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Yeah train-wreck is just too far Rogue. I reserve that for casting someone as terrible as Tobey Maguire as a hero.

23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Or Iron Man 3.

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I've yet to see it. But would being seriously inebriated help me enjoy it, or at least endure it?

25. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Be careful, trying to get drunk enough to endure Paul Giamatti's performance may lead to alcohol poisoning.

For me, TAS-M:2 was an extremely frustrating film. It reminded me of my ex-girlfriend. For every one thing I loved, there was always something that made me cringe just around the corner.

Darth_Invidious likes this.