main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Americans on FX, anyone watching?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Placeholder, Feb 21, 2013.

1. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    Found the thread, my Fav show on TV right now dying for tomorrow night

2. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    Clearly my total devotion to a show I worship turns all into haters.
    For a 60 minute show they covered a lot of territory. Interesting that
    the writer creator producer of the show sees it as a show about marriage.
    I got that feeling as soon as S1 aired last year, I see the 20 years together
    a image of my 22 years together/married which failed (And no I wanted to stay
    married and yes I was faithful). MY gut tells me they at the very least die together
    for each other and country. But I do hope they make it. What went down to a fellow
    "Married Russian Couple" also in the States 20 years plus tonight was grusome
    and reminds you no matter who you follow/are a fan of its all in on every hand
    in this business. Loved her hand grabbing his in the car when he said what a
    horrible night it had been-it spoke volumes.

Just in general this show is really well cast its a smaller ensemble with 3 actors
    who are all super getting front billing.
    This show takes place in 1981-on and I really feel it at I was 13-14 then and my
    Father designed standard missile for the US Navy working at General Dynamics
    in Pomona CA.

9/10-WIshed it was a 2 Hour now night season premiere. I have not followed its
    ratings but my gut says the suits LOVE this show. And its clearly on a low budget
    which in no way hurts the quality IMO.

BTW-I have never ever seen Felicity or anything at all Keri Russell has been in
    girls got some major acting chops, and is a stunning woman.

Thanx All (Like even one person reads this lol)
    thebadge

3. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    not getting that snowball effect i was hoping for

4. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    That scene in the hotel sequence was brutal.

5. thebadge

Mar 15, 2002
    Shameless bump its on tonight (WED) ep 2 of S2.

As long as it stays written thus way please TV Gods spare this series.

6. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Loved that last scene.

7. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
  8. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Hey, my wife and I watched the first two seasons.

This must be the first time since Lost that we've been hooked on a show together.

I wouldn't rank it as high as some critics seem to but it's damn well worth watching. Last season's ending was awesome.
    Overall I love the spy stuff, the acting, tension and intrigue.

Some of the soap opera relationship threads seem forced (x sleeping with y, y attracted to z, blah blah blah).

Still I am fully on board.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Holy crap.

Darth McClain and TX-20 like this.
  10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Best show on television, which is something I never would've guessed based on its premise.

TX-20 likes this.
  11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It's up there. Better Call Saul edges it for me, not that they're anything alike. Apart from being period pieces...kind of.

12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    It's been a great season so far.

TX-20 likes this.
  13. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    And this week's episode was good, but that ending - yeesh!

14. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Brutal. But it was done so well.

15. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, very well executed.

TX-20 and Darth McClain like this.
  16. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I've been watching The Americans ever since it's debut in Spring 2013, and can honestly say there's never been a bad episode. I grew up in the Washington D.C. area in the '80's, so can really relate to this show's time period & setting. The early '80's "look" - i.e., the technology, hairstyles, cars, etc. are painstakingly recreated. Amazing.

The death of a major character in last week's episode was somewhat unexpected, but not shocking - I could kind of see this coming, based on everything that happened beforehand. The "dream sequence" when N. was fantasizing about being rescued was quite poignant, especially when it abruptly stopped after she woke up & realized she was still in her cell...

Shifting gears: When Page called up Pastor Tim & told him that her parents were spies at the end of S3 last year, I was certain that 1 of 2 things would happen in S4:

1) Elizabeth & Philip would be forced to take out the Pastor & his wife, because their cover was blown. In this season, they obviously considered this (and it may still happen), but with each episode I can see that this is less likely; they are obviously having second thoughts about the life they're in, anyway.

2) The other possibility I considered was that the Pastor & his wife were also spies (unknown to E. & P.) & were placed in their "positions" to keep an eye on Page's development. And, if this was the case they wouldn't blow the Jennings' cover since they were spies themselves. As S4 progresses, however, this seems to be very unlikely.

That being said, I've been very surprised by this series in the past. The plot twist at the end of Season 2 was not something I EVER saw coming throughout that whole season; excellent finale & reveal, and one of the best I've ever seen in TV or film....

17. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Averts eyes- My wife and I finally started watching this season. We're just a couple in so far.

18. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
  19. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
  20. Kyle Katarn

Jul 10, 1998
    Pastor Tim is like the bug that a cat will play with before the cat decides to kill it.

I am also fond of how breadcrumbs of a storyline are thrown out over time. The Korean family that Elizabeth is working, nothing definitive yet, but you just know that something is coming up.

21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Are you Officially Recommending this?

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    FX have announced two more seasons. 13 episodes in 2017, 10 episodes in 2018, and that's the end of it.

Can;t believe how this isn't more popular on here. Philistines!

Darth Guy, Darth McClain and TX-20 like this.
  23. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm glad that they know they have two seasons to wrap things up. I've been really enjoying this season, and it feels like it's wrapped up quite a few plot lines already.

TX-20 and Diggy like this.
  24. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Huh, I expected only one more season. I remember hearing back during season 2 or 3 that they had a 5-year plan (GET IT?).

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Then this is like a festivusmiravle for you!

And I bet your memory serves you correctly. But things change, and they had a little more story to tell. I'm. Confident there will still be no waste, with the last season being short, rather than a two part final season with seven episodes each or whatever.

TX-20 likes this.