main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Amphitheatre FAQ

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Iwishiwasajedi, Jul 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    I am making this on behalf of many misunderstandings and annoyed people in the past few few days in this forum. I AM NOT making this so I can be a mod. GTG, Kadue and Lord Bane have enough to do already so I decided I'd do it for them.

THE AMPHITHEATRE FAQ

Table of contents

1. Why was The Amphitheatre created?
    2. What kind of threads are allowed here?
    3. What is the diffrence between a "Discussion" thread and a "Fan club"?
    4. Which mod is in charge of the Amphitheatre?
    5. Is there an index of threads for the Amphitheatre?

--edit: A new FAQ has been published. You may view it here :)

2. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002

The Amphitheatre was created for many reasons. Back in early May, RidingMyCaroselOnYou had a pention in Communications for the making of a Fine Arts Forum. Many people "signed" it, and the mods accepted the idea. Also, This Forum would help to lower the art threads popping up in the JCC that were attacked. There are also other forums where art diccusion threads were made, but they didn't belong there.

3. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002
    2. What kind of threads are allowed here?

This forum is for the discussion of the arts. The Arts includes Music, Painting, Sculpting, and Literature. Fan Clubs are NOT allowed and will be redirected to the JCC. If the art or music deals with Star Wars, It either belongs in SW Music or Fan Art.

4. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002
    3. What is the diffrence between a "Discussion" thread and a "Fan club"?

A "Discussion" thread is where the author gives a subject and people reply saying things like "I think his first book was better because.." or "I never knew that he suffered from depression. All his paintings look happy and..." ETC. Replys in a dicussion thread are usually long.

A "Fan Club" is just where the author says something like "Hey I think this guy rocks! Who else likes him?" and the replys are short usually. Fan Clubs do not belong here and will be redirected to the JCC.

5. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002
    4. Which mod is in charge of the Amphitheatre?

There are currently 3 mods patrolling this forum. They are Gandolf The Gray, Kadue, and Lord Bane.

Son Of The Suns also does some guard here.

Please report to any one of these four if you see redundant threads, fan clubs, or spamming.

6. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002
    5. Is there an index of threads for the Amphitheatre?

No, there is not an index for the Amphitheatre, although I will be creating one shortly.

7. DarthNut

DarthNut Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 1, 1999
    Nice.
    And LORD BAN is not worthy to post here. [face_plain]

;) DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

8. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
  9. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Somehow, I missed this thread yesterday, but it is gold, people, pure gold.

10. DarthNut

Aug 1, 1999
    Even the part where I said you can't post here?

DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

11. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Hey, great thread - if you need any help with the index, I'll help out. I've lurked in a lot of the threads here, just absorbing new information. :)

Mel

12. pkloa

pkloa Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2002
    good stuff. let's hope this thread clears it up for some people.

darthnut, i'd have to say you're the nuttiest guy around. then i'd have to put my face in a blender. [face_plain]

13. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    NNNOOOOO! I've had a post deleted for the first time! :(

In case you missed it, I posted "How about some frequently replied answers then? :p " after the initial post was made. Well, I thought it was funny.

but GOOD JOB iwiwaj!

14. DarthNut

Aug 1, 1999
    "i'd call you the nuttiest guy around, but then I'd have to put my face in a blender."
    Well, if that's what you really want....

[face_plain] DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    So, is this thread specifically for all the troublemakers to gravitate to and make trouble, thus leaving the rest of the Amp trouble free?

16. DarthNut

Aug 1, 1999
    Sure, why not?

:) DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

17. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    Nut's here, after all. [face_mischief]

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    And so are you? :p

19. Lord Bane

May 26, 1999
    [image=http://www.marvel.com/comics/bios/actionshots/xtras/action_sabretooth.jpg] Curse you, 1.5!!!

BANNED!!!!1

20. DarthNut

Aug 1, 1999
    Mommy, Mommy! What are those two men doing to each other?

:eek: DarthNut,
    the nuttiest guy around.

21. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    Ok - I had a thread closed (not the first time...) on the topic of decorating. Why doesn't the definition of art include interior decorating, architecture, photography, etc? This type of art may be out of reach for the typical Jr. High student, but it still counts as art.

Is there a distinction here between classic art and pop-art? Most threads I see deal with pop-art (modern music, fantasy literature, TV, movies, etc.) The only classical art mentioned in the FAQ is sculpting and painting. What gives?

22. Iwishiwasajedi

Mar 24, 2002
    all the things you listed are considered art, and threads on them will be allowed here. ONLY IF THEY ARE DICUSSION THREADS! Say with your thread, if it was titled "Decorators, dicuss your works here", it would;ve stayed. But since it was just asking "what should I do with my room?", it is not dicussion, and therefor will be locked.

23. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Date Posted: 7/14 5:48pm Subject: RE: The Amphitheatre FAQ

The Amphitheatre was created for many reasons. Back in early May, RidingMyCaroselOnYou had a pention in Communications for the making of a Fine Arts Forum. Many people "signed" it, and the mods accepted the idea. Also, This Forum would help to lower the art threads popping up in the JCC that were attacked. There are also other forums where art diccusion threads were made, but they didn't belong there.

- If I remember correctly there were discussions about a "Fine Arts / Culture" forum way before May in the Senate and Comms. I'm sure I was being very vocal about this before May!

Anyway Arts & Culture would include the following areas for discussion:

Fine Art (Drawing, Painting, Sculture & 3D art including Instillations etc..)
    Graphic Arts
    Illustration
    Animation
    Design (Visual Communication, Fashion, Product, Industrial)
    Fine Arts Evaluation
    Textiles
    Ceramics
    Printmaking
    Photography
    Architecture
    Literature
    Folk Lore (not necessarily literature - could be verbal)
    Music
    Dance
    Drama
    Performing Arts (including technical aspects)
    Silver Smithing
    Craft and traditional arts
    Art(s) History
    +
    Humanities related subjects that do not fall under the remit of The Senate

24. fett

fett Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 9, 1999
    Apparantly a new definition of the word 'discussion' has evolved since I started posting here. It used to mean communication about a common subject between two or more people.

So clarify - what is the difference between a 'discussion thread' and one in which we uh...'discuss' (for lack of a better term..?) ideas for interior design of an office?

I'm not trying to be a smartass, I'm just trying to understand the limitations here. To be honest it sounds to me like somebody really likes to make rules and close threads and hasn't thought the whole thing through.

25. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    It's the subject of the discussion that counts as much as anything else.

The subject of your discussion was a light subject that related to you personally, which is very much a JCC-type thread. I know that isn't a very good explanation, but at the moment, it's more instinctive than anything for me and hard to articulate.

If you had talked about the arts as they relate to interior design, that would have been different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.