main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Amphitheatre Social Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by REVANLORD, May 28, 2006.

1. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    BUT WHAT ABOUT TOMORROW!?[face_worried]

2. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    The sun'll come out
    Tomorrow
    So ya gotta hang on
    'Til tomorrow
    Come what may
    Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
    I love ya Tomorrow!
    You're always
    A day
    Away!

Bad Broadway lyrics have their uses...

3. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [face_laugh]

I swear, you must be psychic! I have always completely, totally loathed that
    hideous song. Arrrrrrrrrrggg...

4. Black-Pearl

Black-Pearl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2007
    Where is Zaz?

I mean, we used to be something of friends a while ago and I haven't seen him around since my return. Anyone know where he is?

5. hansen

hansen Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2003
    Small riot led to big revolution.

Long story short: We killed him.

6. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    We pickled his corpse in alcohol.

Irish whiskey, to be precise.

7. Black-Pearl

Black-Pearl Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2007
    His tyrannical rule finally came to bite him in the ass then?

8. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Absolutely.

9. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    The title of this YouTube upload names it the worst line in script writing history. I think there might be even worse contenders out there, but there's no denying that bad it certainly is. :p

Link

10. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Randy Quaid seeks refugee status in Canada

This is *all over* the local news.

Quaid femme kept saying they were afraid of 'celebrity-whackers' in Hollywood. I thought: well, she's safe, because she's not a celebrity. That I know of, anyway.

11. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    I guess this is the Yank Thanksgiving, right? Why on earth do you have it so close to Xmas?

12. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think thanksgiving sounds like a really nice holiday. So I guess happy Thanksgiving for those of you who celebrate it.

13. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    It's held in October in Canada. More sensible.

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    October belongs to Halloween- and that holiday will wreak unforgettable harm upon any other holiday that tries to invade it's territory.

[image=http://www.christmaswow.com/Images/Nightmare-before-christmas.jpg] [image=http://www.gmanreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Nightmare-Before-Christmas-Skeleton-Cause.jpg]

15. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Because it sets a convenient one month panic window for the shopping season.:p

16. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh, got it. Today's Black Friday, then.

17. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Prepare to be shocked and amazed!

DOLPH LUNDGREN...

...apparently has an IQ of 160 and speaks seven (!) languages; Spanish, German, French, Japanese and Italian, in addition to English and his native Swedish. He also served in the Swedish Naval Rangers (a special forces unit) during his draft and has a 3rd degree (3rd dan) black belt in Karate. He has a master's degree in chemical engineering from the University of Sydney, and was awarded a scholarship to study at MIT... but left after two years to star in such films as Rocky IV, He-Man and Universal Soldier..:confused:

A brilliant example of the fact that contributing to the advancement of our civilization apparently doesn't pay enough. Making mindless action movies of the Van Damme kind, on the other hand; THAT'S where the money's at!

18. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
  19. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    I remember reading all that stuff years ago in a magazine. It's not impossible that it's all true. But given that Hollywood is the resume-enhancement capital of the world, I suspect that some publicist exaggerated a few things to stroke Dolph's ego and enhance his image.

If he's so smart, why didn't he manage his career better? He's still a C-List actor of marginal talent, and lots of his films have gone straight to video.

20. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Being smart doesn't make you a talented actor, or good looking. Lundgren is neither. I think we can safely say that Schwarzenegger is an anomaly to the regular success story. There's also those who have neither looks nor talent, but are famous due to comedic talent, or entered acting through a successful career as a comedian prior to their acting career. I think Adam Sandler fits into that category. Again, Lundgren likely does not. So I don't see how his being smart could have helped him in any way in his career, John.

21. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Being smart--if indeed he is--doesn't make him less wooden, I agree.

22. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i would also like to add that in JCC terms of post volume i am now a menorah.

and i might go into sports massage! har!

23. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004
    Now beginning on TCM, "Who's Afraid of Baby Jane?" [face_thinking]

VVM:
    So I don't see how his being smart could have helped him in any way in his career, John. Really? You don't think being smart helped Arnold Schwarchenegger take minimal talent, an unwieldly name and shrewd moves to build himself into the most marketable actor on Earth? Then you don't know Arnold. Smart matters plenty in Hollywood. I'm talking about "street smart." Lots of actors have used their "smarts" to build a career in Hollywood. But it's not Harvard smarts. It's people smarts.

A Hollywood casting director once told me she's never met a really successful Hollywood actor, someone who has sustained a career, who was not highly intelligent as in "self-preservation" and "self-promotion."

24. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    Yes, but the other guy's information was about his supposed high IQ, the many languages he speaks and his high profile education, if he had continued it. None of those are guarantees for being people-smart. You said you doubt that could be true because then he'd have a better career, but by your own admission, book-smart or academic smart is not the same as people-smart or street-smart. The guy can have a very high IQ and still not be good at marketing himself. I doubt Einstein would have pulled it off in front of a casting director.

25. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Intelligence is not necessarily allied to acting talent, either.