main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Amphitheatre Social Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by REVANLORD, May 28, 2006.

1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Hahaha. Funny stuff. The JCC is a little bit too easy to insult, though, isn't it? :p

2. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    why is everyone so scared of the senate?

3. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Because it's scary and stuff. And you are required to justify your opinion, in contrast to a wonderful forum like this and you can say anything about the chosen topic because it is art and totally unrelated to the real world. :p

4. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    yeah that's a tough one, huh, that justifiying opinion thing :p

to me it just like a clique too much, they have all been sorted into their political stances and it's like you're gonna be labelled quickly and stashed away somewhere. and then it's all about american politics which i know precisely nothing about. not scary, though.

5. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I actually think the major reason why so many people are turned off the senate is that so many threads are version 150000, or have about the same number of page numbers. It's very hard to get into, and post regularly.

6. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Yeah, I can agree with that. A lot of interesting discussions, it just that it's far too much to go through to make a post or two.

7. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I'm not a fan of The Senate Floor, either. I've probably posted there less than 10 times since it was created. The last time I went there was a few months ago and I read a long thread on the Prophet Mohammed cartoons and another one about vegetarianism. I had a huge headache afterwards. [face_tired]

8. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    That thread about Vegetarianism is one of the few I've contributed to in the last three years. I was able to do so easily mostly because A) I started a fresh discussion within the thread itself and B) I often have to defend myself against my vegetarianism (odd that such a personal choice gets so much flak) so I was well prepared for the debate.

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I conversed with the Senate mods about the negative rep.

I maintain that though I've spent a fair amount of time in the Senate, I have never seen a Senate regular admit someone else was right. :p

I say it's a forum for shouting your opinion and not really listening to anyone elses.

My thoughts.

10. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I maintain that though I've spent a fair amount of time in the Senate, I have never seen a Senate regular admit someone else was right.

And a truer word was never spoken. :p

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Yes, but how many debates have you *ever* seen where someone else admits they are right? It isn't though they can enforce it.

12. darth_frared

Jun 24, 2005
    tis probabaly true that they don't admit to others having a point. but that's happening so rarely elsewhere either, i think i have learnt to let go of that around here :p

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I debate almost exlusively with qualifiers, it seems to me at times. I never try to say I have the last, great word on anything. (Except Bond movies, about which I am right and you lot are all wrong :p ).

I granted a lot of points during my brief time in the Senate. I never saw anyone else do it. Even that simply: "Yeah, you've certainly got a point." It's like they were all utterly, physically unable to even countenance the other side.

Oh, well.

14. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I suppose it is the nature of the forum. Seems to be more like a battle ground than a discussion arena. Although, to be fair, I think Ender_Sai has done a lot to bring it more towards the second.

15. malcolm-darth-am-i

malcolm-darth-am-i Jedi Padawan star 4

May 21, 2005
    Well my most popular thread turns out to be in the Senate. And that thread is all I really ever posted in in there. Good ol' Canadian Politics. So boring compared to our neighbors down south. I mean our leader has a brain(well somewhat of a brain. The guy shakes his kids hands instead of hugging them when there dropped off for school).

But the Americans, whole different story. You call terrorist crazy for strapping bombs to themselves and blowing the selves up. Well you voted for George W. Bush.

16. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I need a drink...

Is the hockey game on?

17. REVANLORD

REVANLORD Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2005
    World Cup is on now sorry. :p

The popcorn machine is ready though. I stole- er....borrowed it from the theatre. :p

18. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Can someone explain the appeal of hockey? It seems to me to simply be boxing/wrestling with a mildly irrelevant puck thrown in.

19. REVANLORD

Jun 2, 2005
    Hey I like hockey. (playing at least) :p

20. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    No; it's Aussie Rules Football on ice. :D

21. REVANLORD

Jun 2, 2005
    Heh. I call it war with a puck. :p

22. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Haha, well, that explains everything. Thank you very much.

23. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    Zaz finals are Monday, NBA and NHL. Also if the finals go to 7 games it will end on June the 20th!!!!!! Damn Dora the Explorer.

I call it an excuse to take my anger out on people. Hitting the with pucks/balls, making a sandwich with them between me and the boards. And the very best open ice hits!!!

World Cup Go Ceska Republika!!!

24. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    Soccer, OTOH, is like watching paint dry in the jungle...

25. malcolm-darth-am-i

May 21, 2005
    Not with picture and picture!!!!

World Cup small screen Hockey main. If no hockey a good movie/music.