main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Anakin Skywalker Diaries, Part 4: Coruscant...Epilogue 11/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by anakin_girl, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithArriss

SithArriss Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    ROTFLMAO

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I love that song. T-i-double grr-r is my favorite! :D

The toast came out pretty good, [face_laugh] it had me chuckling. LOL

You did a great job w/this post! Inventive, funny, and Bail getting dipped was hilarious! I knew you?d dunk him!

And thank you for the credit. [face_blush]

Oh, wait, gotta get into Sith mode? [face_devil]

*grumble* *grumble* Told you not to do that. There you go ? not listening to your elders ? AGAIN! 8-} <hands on hips & points to the lake> Yep, go join Anakin!

Uh, oh! [face_shocked] Just what vader_girl wanted! Uh, PADMÉ!!! Your husband needs help ? NOW!

2. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    You derive far too much pleasure from tormenting Bail Organa, my friend. I think you need counseling. :p

I loved Obi-Wan's toast. Sweet and happy -- and very funny. :D

And Yoda Force-shoving Anakin into the lake is pure genius. What a madman that little troll is sometimes. [face_laugh]

I can't believe this is almost over... :(

3. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    AHH-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS HI-LARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! AND I LOVE THAT SONG!!!!! TIGGER KICKS BUTT!!!!!!!

4. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    a_g (or v_g today): You are too frickin' funny! I've lurked in this story, and I love mischievous Anakin. And Yoda shoving him in the lake...too perfect! It's uplifting (especially in light of recent "spoilers") to read a tale where our lovebirds get the happy ending!

5. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Amazing, and I absolutely loved the toast and the Ewoks' song!

JS

6. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Loved Sabe, Obi-Wan, DrunkOffHisAss!Organa... and I especially loved Yoda. :D

Good post.

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I just can?t get enough of this post. I keep re-reading it for fun - the toast, the dunking(s) in the lake, the whole thing?and every time I get to the Ewok song I?m gasping all over again.

"The wonder thing about Ewoks, is Ewoks are wonderful things. Their tops are made out of fur, their bottoms are made out of springs..."

"They go bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy..."

It?s genius.

No more mooning, though? You know ? just for symmetry? Like bookends? One at the beginning and one at the end?

Please? :cool:

8. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm glad somebody thought about Yoda, because I know I did not think about the fact it could have been Yoda to push him in. That makes it even better. :)

9. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Great story! I love the song! "They go bouncy bouncy bouncy..." Incredible!

10. Blaster144

Blaster144 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    "They go Bouncy, Bouncy, Bouncy!"

LOL!

I can't believe someone besides Ani spiked the punched! It was his wedding, he should have been given the honor. ;)

Then again, Bail getting drunk and singing...
    I don't really like the mental image; but it makes for a ending!

Well I've gotta go.

See ya.

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Anakin_Girl's alter ego Vader_Girl has a hysterical 'Halloween' story in this same universe!

Don't miss out

12. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
  13. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    *congratulates self* I just figured out what an up is! [face_laugh]

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Way to go, AC. I had to ask several people before finding out.

15. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    More

More

More

UP!! :D

16. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Way to go, AC. I had to ask several people before finding out.

Thanks for the compliment, and, really, it only took me two years of reading posts before I caught on. :p

17. KSA

KSA Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

UP

UP

AND ANOTHER UP!

18. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Ish: Great to see a pompous one get drunk and act stupid, huh? :p

Crystal: Thanks! Anakin and Padme's wedding party had to be one to end all parties--there's no other way. ;)

Monica: Thanks! :)

Sith_Arriss: Of course vader_girl wants her Halloween treat of joining Anakin. :D

Lex: Counselling? Me? [face_mischief] I only torment pompous ones. ;)

diamond_pony: Thanks! :)

stacysatrip: They'll always have a happy ending in my stories. :) And thanks for de-lurking!

Jazz: Thanks!

A21: Some people are just funny when they're drunk...especially pompous politicians. ;)

geo3: Whenever the moon wanes, it always waxes again, my friend. [face_mischief]

amidalachick: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

Blaster144: Ruwee didn't like the image much either. ;) Nobody likes it--that's the point. :D And don't worry--if I marry off Sabe, Anakin will spike the punch at her wedding. [face_devil]

Breezy: Thanks for the plug! [face_love]

Thanks to everyone who upped this for me. There will be a couple of more posts in this story, and my next project will be an AU from Obi-Wan's point of view, in the same universe as this story--and it will also be humor. :)

A short one tonight...got another one coming up probably tomorrow...

After our honeymoon on Alderaan (on the other side of the planet from His Royal Pompousness' palace), Padme and I spent the next several months on Coruscant. Even as her pregnancy advanced, she continued to fulfill her duties in the Senate as diligently as always, although she tired more easily and I often found her asleep with her head on her desk, surrounded by mountains of datapads.

One night when she was in her eighth month, I woke at 0300 and discovered she wasn't in bed yet, only to find that the only light on in the apartment was coming from the fresher.

"Padme?" I said, lightly rapping the door as I pushed it open. There, sitting on the commode, wearing her gown and bathrobe, holding a datapad, sound asleep with her chin against her chest, was my wife.

I didn't know whether I wanted to laugh or cry. Something had to give--at least until after she's given birth and recovered.

I put my arm around her shoulders. "Padme, baby, wake up," I said softly.

She opened her bleary eyes and scowled at me. "Dammit, Anakin, I know I have to pee every ten minutes, but do you think I could do it in peace?" she said groggily. "It's bad enough that your children insist on sitting right on my bladder."

I had learned in recent months that it isn't safe to respond in kind when a heavily-pregnant Padme snaps at me--not if I planned to be capable of having more children, anyway.

"Shhh..." I said softly, stroking her hair and kissing the top of her head. "Angel, it's 3 a.m. You've been sitting here awhile--enough to make up for a lot of ten-minute intervals."

The scowl left her face and tears of exhaustion came to her eyes. She shook her head. "I'm sorry, Ani," she said.

"Shhh...don't be. Here," I said, helping her up and flushing the commode behind her. "Let's get some sleep." I carried her into our bedroom and laid her on the bed. She was asleep before I even pulled the covers over her.

Tomorrow, I thought, I'll talk to her about taking a leave of absence from politics.

19. KSA

Apr 13, 2003
    HA! I GOT FIRST POST!

I SAW THIS ONLY TWELVE SECONDS AFTER IT WAS POSTED!

I really liked it!

Anakin learned the way to behave when a female snaps at you, but he must learn to never interfere in anything without their concent.

YIKES! I'm gonna have competition for the best humorous Obi point of view story...

20. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Poor Padme, caught doing an Elvis huh?

More sooon!!!!!!!!!!!

[face_love]

21. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    awww, poor Padme's all worn out! Hopefully Anakin will be able to talk her into taking a break from politics. (hopefully he won't get hurt in the process! :p)

Wonderful post! :D

22. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    KSA: Yes, that's a lesson all men should learn. ;)

Breezy: Without the massive doses of amphetamines thank goodness. :p

Monica: Yeah, hopefully--but women are stubborn creatures. ;)

Thanks, everyone, for reading. :)

Adding a disclaimer and acknowledgements for the next couple of posts...

I've never had a baby, so I'm trying to write this as accurately as possible but if I miss something, that's why. I'd like to thank Arriss for her help in describing the labor process for me, and DarthLothi and my own father for letting me know what it is like to be a father in the delivery room when children are being born. Without these three, I couldn't write this.

Without further ado...

Three weeks later, Mom and Jobal both came to stay with us in preparation for the birth, which would come at any time. Obi-Wan and Sabe were visiting, and we were having dinner. "I'm so glad you two have decided to come to Naboo after the children are born," Jobal said, beaming at Padme. "It will be good for both of you to get away from this place for awhile--it's too busy and crowded here. And Naboo is your home."

"I know, Mama," she said. "That's one reason we decided to do it."

"Are there other reasons?" Mom asked.

Padme nodded. "Anakin and I are going to work on the Refugee Relief Movement." She winced and dropped her fork, then recovered quickly.

"The Refugee Relief Movement?" Mom asked.

"It's..it's an organization I worked with before I went into politics," She explained. Her face contorted as if in pain, but then quickly relaxed. "The Naboo take in refugees fleeing from planets with oppressive regimes and help them set up a new home here. This way I can continue to work in public service, and as it's a job for a Jedi as well, Anakin can work too when he's not required for a mission."

"That's good to know," Mom said. "You'll be serving your people, which is what you wanted, and in a safer and less stressful environment. It'll be good for Ani, too, since the reason he wanted to be a Jedi was to help people." She beamed at me, then rested her hand on my arm.

I smiled back and put an arm around her shoulders. "Mom, you worry too much," I said.

She frowned. "Honey, after all that's happened recently, I don't know how you could expect me not to worry," she said sharply. "If I could have my way, I would have brought you home to Tatooine immediately. I used to stand outside and watch the suns go down and wonder which star system you and Obi-Wan were on now, what sort of dangers you were putting yourself in...wonder if I'd ever see you again or if you would end up sacrificing your life to save the lives of others. I would stand there for hours sometimes until Cliegg would make me come in...he'd remind me that keeping you perfectly safe the way I would like to would be keeping you from fulfilling your dreams...that love involves letting go..." She blinked back tears and wiped her eyes with her napkin, but then quickly recovered and smiled weakly at us.

I hugged her again. "We'll be fine, Mom--I promise," I said.

"I think worrying comes with the territory of motherhood," Padme said. Once again I noticed a scowl on her face that indicated she was in pain.

Obi-Wan smiled reassuringly at Mom. "Shmi, Anakin is the most talented swordsman in the Temple," he said, then winked at me. "He loves to remind people of that fact as well."

I stuck my tongue out. Obi-Wan pretended to grimace. "Don't do that to the refugees, Padawan," he said. "Try not to show them your ass either. You might scare them back to their homeworlds if they decide they'd rather put up with governmental oppression than your antics."

I grinned. "Now why would they do that, Master?"

"Oh, I don't know, Padawan...pasty whiteness maybe?"

Everyone burst into laughter. "Actually, Obi-Wan," Sabe said. "Most of us of the female species think Anakin's ass is nice-looking."

He scowled. "You would," he muttered. Then he

23. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    HOORAY!!!!!! HERE COMES THE BABIES!!!! But why do I have a feeling that something is going to go wrong?

24. KSA

Apr 13, 2003
    ANOTHER POST!

THE TWINS ARE COMING! THE TWINS ARE COMING!

I'll stop so I won't kill anyone while singing.

The whole conversation was hysterical!

25. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! Updates!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Padmé. And poor Annie.

Have they already decided what to name the babies? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.