main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Anakin Skywalker Diaries, Part 4: Coruscant...Epilogue 11/21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by anakin_girl, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ARGH! I have a migraine for two days and you POST TWICE WHILE I'M GONE?! But here come the Skycrawlers. Zeus help us all!

2. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Oh my babies are coming. We all better look out. I very worried about Padme she does seem to still be stressed out. I hope nothing goes wrong. [face_plain]

I wonder if Obiwan is going to have to keep an eye on Anakin during this in case he faints etc. Do we need to send something to drink to them. :D

3. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    wahoo, it's time for the babies to come! :D

It sounds as if it's going to be a long night... :p

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    The plan for the near future sounds good. I hope you let them actually enjoy it. ;)

All the talk of mooning in front of the 'rents was hysterical. I am picturing this in my mind and literally ROTFLMAO. :D

Silly Padme. Always with the being strong and showing no weakness. Did it ever occur to you that you're nine months pregnant and those pains you're trying to conceal might be related to, oh, I don't know... CHILDBIRTH? Sheesh. :p

Great as always! :D

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    diamond_pony: Now, now...not everything goes wrong for Ani and Padme. ;)

KSA: Thanks. :)

amidalachick: Of course. ;)

Ish: Migraines? YIPE! :eek:

And yep--the Skycrawlers. Let's hope they don't take after their father, huh? ;)

Crystal: You send Obi a drink, I'll send Ani one--they can pay us back later. ;)

Monica: A long night? Delivering twins? Nah... :p

Lex: Yeah, let's let Shmi know what her wayward son is up to. ;)

And Padme does have a tendency to keep her pain to herself...we might have to whack her... :p

And here it is, folks...the birth.

As I said in my last post, I did have some help with this...Arriss, DarthLothi, and Dad...I owe you. [face_love]

Night had settled over Coruscant. The pinpoints of light from the surrounding city illuminated the dimly lit room, the sound of speeders zooming by the window was drowned out by Padme's screams of agony.

Oh, Gods, let this be over soon. Seeing her in pain is unbearable.

I took her hand in both of mine as the next contraction hit. "Squeeze it as hard as you need to, baby," I said softly, sending her waves of comfort through the Force. "You're doing great."

"I'm not!!" she cried. "It hurts so much!"

Jobal took Padme's other hand as Healer Sivad crouched at the foot of the bed, hands outstretched. "Give it a push, Senator Skywalker," she said.

Padme moaned and bore down hard. From between her legs I could see the crowning of the baby's soft downy head.

Padme gasped for breath. I brushed her hair back and gave her sweaty forehead a kiss.

"One more push, Senator," Healer Sivad said.

Padme whimpered.

"Just one more good one," the healer repeated.

Padme groaned again and pushed. The baby emerged. Padme struggled to catch her breath as Healer Sivad held the baby in the air, still attached to the umbilical cord.

My baby.

"Congratulations, Knight Skywalker, Senator Skywalker," the smiling healer said. "You have a daughter."

A princess.

I swallowed hard past the lump in my throat and blinked rapidly.

"She...she's beautiful," I managed.

The newborn was now flailing her tiny arms and legs in the air. Healer Sivad handed me a pair of surgical scissors.

"Would you like to cut the cord, Daddy?" she asked.

I nodded briefly and took the scissors. My hands were shaking so badly that I was afraid I'd drop them, but I managed to carefully clip the cord that attached my Leia to her mother's body.

Leia. That would be her name. Padme and I had chosen it after a beautiful purple flower that blooms in the warmer season on Naboo.

I returned the scissors then held out my arms, ready to hold my daughter. Healer Sivad laughed. "Not yet," she said. "She has to be washed first, and your mother is going to do the honors. We need you in here. Your wife isn't done yet."

As if in response, Padme gave another moan of pain as another contraction hit her, a contraction that meant the second twin was on its way.

Even as Mom whisked Leia out of the room to be bathed and swaddled in blankets, Padme screamed again and reached out for my hand. I took hers in both of mine. "You know what to do if you need to, angel," I said.

She was sweating profusely and writhing in pain. "Make...it...be...over...Ani..." she said breathlessly. "Please...just...make...it...stop..."

I sent her another wave of comfort through the Force, causing her to relax a little. It was then that Healer Sivad gave the order to push.

The second baby's head crowned...wispy hair slightly lighter than Leia's.

"OK, one more," Healer Sivad said.

Padme screamed, then bore down hard.

The second baby emerged from the womb and was lifted into the air by Healer Sivad. "And it's a boy," she said. "You have a son."

This time I couldn't swallow back my tears. I felt the hot salty droplets spill from my eyes, even as my vision blurred and I could barely see my son, only his silhouetted form.

His name wou

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww...I loved the reaction to Leia--A princess. And I loved the ending. So cute. At least he didn't have a whoopee cushion in the delivery room.

7. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    That was a very nice warm post. I am glad that you did not have him faint or anything.

8. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    She returned the smile with a tired one of her own. "I love you, Ani," she said softly. "But don't ever expect me to do this again."

Loved that line! So true!

Up!

JS

9. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    Awwwwww that was so sweet at the end! And that was a great post! So is Obi a grandpa or a godfather?

10. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Awwwww. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I love how the healer called her Senator Skywalker even during the birth! Sheesh, the healer could stand to be a bit more informal considering... :p

Yay! :D

11. KSA

KSA Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    Truly Awesome!

I'll comment more later!

Wow...

12. GunraysLawyer

GunraysLawyer Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2003
    First time poster here......

Well done, you convey the glory of the experience without all the 'messy' details

Have been through this sort of scene twice in the last 3.5 years, you've got the Father's anxiety down, but not her hand latched two his arm squeezing while he helps hold one leg up. I had marks on my left forearm for a week after child #1's birth....

Great Job...See you around the threads we both frequent

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Just a [face_love] as I am at work and stealing a break!

Wonderful chapter of course!

You know Ani is in for it now....

Padme's voice: *String of Hutties curses* this is all YOUR FAULT SKYWALKER!! *More Hutties curses*

14. julie_marthe

julie_marthe Jedi Youngling

Nov 18, 2003
    Anakin girl, this is a wonderful piece of work. I found it yesterday and had to read it almost through the night. It had been a very long time since I had laugh out loud and cried while reading any story. Actually, thanks to everyone that posted replies too! You guys are hysterical. Great job and thanks for the dedication! You transformed a very long night on-call into a great time.

15. Monica_Skywalker

Monica_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    Yay, the Skycrawlers are here! :D

"I love you, Ani," she said softly. "But don't ever expect me to do this again." [face_laugh] I'm sure Padme meant that, too! :p

Wonderful post! :D

16. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Ish: Nope, no whoopie cushions--even Anakin has to be serious at a time like this. ;)

Crystal: Nah--he's a Jedi--he can handle a few labor pains.

Jazz: That's what I'd be saying..."Enjoy this one because it's the only one you're getting." :p

d_p: Obi's the godfather. :)

Lex: Yeah, I thought about that--it just felt strange to jump from formality to first names suddenly, even with the intimacy of the setting. I may go back and revamp it later though.

KSA: Thanks! :)

GL: Thanks! That's a high compliment considering I've never been in the delivery room for any reason myself--I had a lot of help from people who had been there but I'm glad I was able to at least come close to accuracy.

Breezy: Yep--he's in for it--especially if the kids turn out to be anything like him. :)

julie: Thanks! Glad I was able to do it!

Monica: Thanks!

I've now come to my epilogue. I've been working on this story in all four of its parts for two years now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I want to thank DarthLothi for encouraging me to write this in the first place and for being my beta; DarthBreezy for being my dearest friend, my sounding board, my moral support, and my muse's ass-kicker, and for encouraging me when I didn't think I had any humor left; Arriss for the long phone conversations in which we bounced around ideas and for her close friendship, support, and for the posts I couldn't have written without the benefit of her experience; and other friends--geo3, JadeSaber, Jedi-Jae, Darth_Lex, GunraysLawyer--and my regular readers--I couldn't have done this without you! :)

I am planning a project in which I write Obi-Wan's point of view on some of the events in this story--it won't be quite as long as this story has been. I am also considering a sort of "midquel" in which Anakin watches the twins grow up in this universe. I'd love to hear what you, my readers, would prefer--send me a PM if you want. :)

Thanks again so much!

Naboo, 18 years later...

"Luke, where did you put my mascara? This is not funny! Han is going to be here any minute!" Leia's voice rang angrily from upstairs, loud enough that I was sure she could be heard all the way in Theed.

"Mascara? I sold it to the Gungans. They wanted to use it to play pranks on Jar-Jar when he's drunk," Luke called back.

Padme, Obi-Wan, Sabe and I, who were all in the living room enjoying before-dinner cocktails, exchanged amused glances.

"ARRGH! You Sith spawn!" she screamed.

"Hey!" I called. "I resemble that!" I grinned at Obi-Wan, who was smirking.

Leia appeared at the top of the stairway, scowling, her face flushed. She wore a tight white jumpsuit, her hair coiled into tight braids at the sides of her head.

"Daddy, would you tell Luke to stay out of my room? Last week it was my underwear. Now he's stealing my makeup."

I smiled at her. "You're beautiful, Princess. You don't need war paint."

She scowled again, giving me her "You're no help" look which she had become infamous for after she hit adolescence. She turned to Padme. "Mom, would you tell him?"

Padme gave me another amused look and called up the stairs. "Luke, give your sister her makeup back, and stay out of her bedroom, please."

Evidently Luke retrieved the lost makeup from its hiding place and tossed it down the hall to Leia, because she yelled, "How much trouble would it be for you to bring it to me?"

Luke came down the stairs to join us, laughing and shaking his head. "What is she getting so riled up about, anyway?" he asked, settling next to his mother on the sofa and pouring himself a glass of Corellian whiskey. "She knows he likes her."

"That doesn't keep her from wanting to look her best for him, honey," Padme said.

"She won't stop that until after she gets married," Sabe added.

My frown was getting deeper.

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Ahh what a long strange trip it's been...

And just to think... if miss "This is my personal e-mail so stop writing to me" hadn't stolen this and posted an adulterated version over at FF.net...

But like Anakin I'm getting old so I'll keep it simple....

[image=http://www.sapsis-rigging.com/Image%20Resources/HEADS/mooning.gif]

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

18. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Very appropriate ending, my friend. I loved it! :D :D

"Why do you think I'd prefer never to let Leia out of the house?"
    You need to get out more often, son.

That's those two in a nutshell, isn't it. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"He'd be even nicer carbon-frozen and hanging on our wall is a decoration."
    Who knew that Anakin and Jabba had so much in common? :p And I bet Anakin would be a big fan of the metal bikini too (as long as it's not on Leia, of course). [face_love]

I'd hate to think I might try to hit on her
    :eek: Hee hee! :D

"Your father was also too old for such behavior," she said.
    Poor Padme... [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thanks for the wonderful ride! I'll miss your... unique... interpretation of Anakin - and your amazing sense of humor. Great job! :cool:

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Love the carbon freeze comment, can't picture Luke mooning or Leia with mascara problems, which is why this was so funny! Loved it. And Vader's like my dad, big surprise. :)

20. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    ***gasps*** IT'S...........OVER??!!!!!!?????? WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS/IS SO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. KSA

KSA Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    This has been the only thing that has stayed consistenet for me (3 schools in as many months) since I stayed up 12 hours reading this.

Like father, like son!

Loved this so much!

Hey! I have an idea! Since the story is done now, ARCHIVE!

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4 would all be accepted.

1 VOTE FOR THE ARCHIVE!

Just submit, A_G! The Mighty Mooner must always be remembered! (I read this once a week at least!)

THANKS SO MUCH, A_G!

22. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    I can't believe it's over! I love reading these stories. The ending was perfect, and was really funny. I'll miss reading this. :( Great job!

23. CrystalKenobi

Jul 31, 2003
    Kind of sad to see if over with.

I'm glad to know that Obiwan and Sabe did get married, did they ever have any kids though.

I love the way Anakin muses over Leia's date.

24. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    NOOOOO! :_| I can't believe it's...it's over.

But what an absolutely perfect, fantastic, hilarious end to an absolutely perfect, fantastic, hilarious series!

Now, as KSA said, on to the archives! :)

25. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Always willing to help a friend, my dear. [face_love] I?m glad you found my info useful.

I?ve got a lot of catching up to do and I?m slowly trying to get it done? No tomatoes please 8-}

Wonderful chapter on the birth, darlin?. [face_love] From Padmé?s physical pain to Anakin?s emotional pain ? you covered it! <sniffle> The twins are here at last!

Can you imagine?like father, like son???? [face_shocked]

Bail, you better run while you can! [face_laugh] HAHAHAHAHA

As I keep reading the page?. ;)

Ohhh, thank you so much for comments! [face_blush] I thoroughly enjoyed helping when I could, but this baby is alllll yours!! You did an exceptional job and I laughed at so many of these posts, damn near all of them I think! LOL It?s been a great ride and I look forward to anything you write in the future and of course, the door, or should I say phone ;) is always open.

Blessed be, my dear friend. [face_love]

I scowled again. "He'd be even nicer carbon-frozen and hanging on our wall is a decoration."

Han nodded at us and say "Mr. and Mrs. Skywalker, Mr. and Mrs. Kenobi, hope you're well this even...hey kid, nice ass..."

I looked to see what he was talking about only to find my son with his belt loosened and his pants down low enough to show his bare rump.

LMAO!!! Hysterical!! [face_laugh]

You never fail to have me ROTFLMAO!! [face_laugh]

Way to go!! Excellent! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.