The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeWulf Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, but was "The Final Prophecy" the planned resolution to Anakin's story, or was it skewed in order to allow an ending to Anakin's story?
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Yes, but was "The Final Prophecy" the planned resolution to Anakin's story, or was it skewed in order to allow an ending to Anakin's story?

Considering, as I understand it, Ben Skywalker was an individual author's conception and not planned as part of the arc to being with...

... this would hardly be the worst they've had to skew. ;)
  3. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Anakin gave his life in defense of the Jedi scattered throughout the galaxy. But his destiny was incomplete. The prophesy of Master Ikrit has gone by the way side and there has been no attempt to give readers closure on the subject.

Yeah... what he said 8-}

*shudders at the thought of Tahiri/Ben*
    eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! What kind of sicko came up with that theory?!

4. Tahiri Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree that there will be some closure on the situation sometime before the end of the series. The fact that none of the issues involving Anakin has yet to be concluded leads me to believe that is true.

On the off note -- wow, I haven't been on the Lit. boards in a long time. And congrats to dp4m! Party in the Lounge ;)
  5. Jedi_Alman Jedi Master

star 4
    Del Rey has to publish something on the topic, or they are even worse story tellers than I give them credit for...

Wow, I couldn't even get here in time for page one :(
  6. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    This thread title is way too long. But on the other radank, why should it have to be short?

I know I asked this before, but what has DR and LFL commented regarding this Anakin business? Did they not make a statement(s) after Chewie?

You know Anakin's lightsaber is still in Vong hands. Stover makes mention in his A&A thread being told Jacen couldn't bring it back with him. Whatever happens with Anakin, his saber alone will be iconised . . . perhaps by the Shamed Ones, seeking redemption by a fallen hero's blade?
  7. CeeWulf Jedi Master

star 4
    They made a statement about Chewie because he was a character from the film. What purpose would it serve to issue a statement about Anakin Solo? A character only people who read the books would know.

Besides, do they need to issue a statement everytime a charater is killed off?
  8. Excellence Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    SW has a massive fan based, in case you haven't noticed. Demising a character from the Skywalkser/Solo household will attract a great deal of attention.

If official statements haven't been made, then they're playing this coy and close to the fur. We'll just have to wait another half year and see what happens.
  9. CeeWulf Jedi Master

star 4
    Excellence wrote:

SW has a massive fan based, in case you haven't noticed. Demising a character from the Skywalkser/Solo household will attract a great deal of attention.

I have noticed, however, statements are made for the press and the general public, they are not issued necessarily for the benefit of fans. At least, not in this situation.

If official statements haven't been made, then they're playing this coy and close to the fur. We'll just have to wait another half year and see what happens.

Or, maybe they didn't see a reason to. I don't.
  10. JediMasterSamBaggins Jedi Padawan

Hi! it is me JediMasterSamBaggins aka JediMasterKypDurron aka JediMasterFrodoGamge aka always make sure to get your password off the computer because a virus might just come along TWICE and make you lose you password and email address!

Anyways go to the force heretic sticky page at the top and read on page six toward the bottom, MasterSkywalker I think. He has spoilers for Force Heretic, I'd post them here but I don't know how to do the color thing. All I'll say is HOPE HAS BEEN REBORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEEEEHAAAAWWWWWWWWW!!! YES I'm probably jumping the gun but who cares!! It's been a year and five or someodd books since we had anything like this!!!! YEA YEA YEA YA YAAYAYYA!!
  11. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Hey since we don't have much to discuss until Remnant, how about we write our own versions of ressurection? Here's mine:

*poof!* Anakin appears during the Solo family's dinner.

Anakin: IIIII'mmmmmmmmmm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!! So how's it going?

Everybody: [face_shocked]

A: What's up? Havn't you seen a person coming back from the dead before? Palps did it.

*Tahiri runs up to hug him*
    T: Oh! Anakin.

*Anakin's grabbing her but*
    A:liked that, didn't ya?

*A/T make out in front of everybody. They realise what there are doing and stop*

A: Hey! I have a funny story about a time Yoda was all drunk and he fell down the stairs and that's why walked with a cane. *he laughs histerically but stops after noticing people still staring shocked. He looks to Tahiri*

A: I'll see you after dinner! ;) Maybe we can have some, dessert at your place? ;)

T: Actually, we can some dessert right here. If ya know what I mean. ;)

*Anakin throws Tahiri on table and they start taking clothes off. They're soon making sweet love. *

Jacen: I think I'm gonna throw up!

Jaina: Yeah! Go!go!GO!GO!GO!GO! *chants more*

Han: That's my boy!

Leia: HAN! You better have given him the... talk. You did give him the talk, didn't you?

Han: If by talk you mean taking him to a strip club and telling how to get a lap dance, then you betchya!

*Leia frowns*

*Jacen goes to a refresher and throws up.*

[face_laugh]

Edit: Please don't warn me! There has been far worse posted on these boards.
  12. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, that's interesting. I'll say my interest is piqued. That is the only spoiler I'm going to allow myself. It doesn't give a whole lot away but it makes you go 'hmmmmm' :)

-of course I refer to Baggins post, not Whitey's.

-Interesting Whitey. Might even get you a warning. :p
  13. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    I just I read the Remnant spoiler and I'll I got to say is HHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! Take that you rationalists! 8-} I knew he would come back, I knew It! But poor Tahiri, she thinks Anakin wants her dead. :(

*hopes no one made it up.*

Me? a warning? I've seen things posted far worse than that. Hopefully the 8-} meant you were joking. You were joking, weren't you?
  14. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Whitey, I would suggest editing your previous post before you get nailed for spoilers.

And I wasn't joking. That was more of a sucker :p
  15. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't want to say anything that will get me into trouble, so all I'll say is for those of you who are fans of Anakin, go check out the official Remnant Spoilers thread.

There is hope, dear friends. :)

JMA
  16. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    All -- I cannot edit posts from home tonight (newbie Mod tech issues :() so a warning:

The proper way of posting a spoiler is as follows (there will not be a spoiler):

Force Heretic: Remnant Spoiler (highlight to read)

This is how spoilers should be masked in this thread.

The text-color to use is #DDDDDD to make it blanked out, requiring highlights.
  17. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    It's not a spoiler, D. Whitey's counting his eggs before they hatch.

Whitey Please do not gloat. I will not, and many others will not.
  18. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, he is, but it takes so little for one's assumption to become fact on these boards, doesn't it?
  19. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sheesh Guy, c'mon. It's just a little ray of hope!

JMA
  20. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    I guess that you can have your false hope. ;)
  21. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Sorry. No more gloating. Promise! I got carried away.

So that means I don't have to edit it?
  22. JediMasterAaron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I guess that you can have your false hope.

Hey, thanks for that! :)

JMA
  23. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
    No, I don't think that you should. It's just a n00b mistake.

EDIT: I was replying to Whitey's last post. 8-}
  24. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm already bored.

Any Wisconsinites here?
  25. Moff_D Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Gee, Rogue Ten is from Wisconsin but I guess he ain't here at the moment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.