main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vereor_lynas

vereor_lynas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2008
    i agree.... completely.. its a shame that DR/LFL couldnt see that.

2. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I agree with you Jikrit. He could easily come back. This is a fantasy world, after all. Once and Future King type stuff. There was a prophecy about Arthur returning one day when he was needed. After King Arthur died, he was taken to a special place called Avalon to be healed until he could come back. Why can't that have happened to Anakin? This would also be a good way to bring the Vong back into the universe in a small way. And I just love the idea of him pulling out his lightsaber again and having to go save Tahiri, and the conflict that would bring with Jacen and how Jacen might be saved by his little brother, and how Tahiri would struggle between Jacen and Anakin.

I just think if anything LOTF has really set everything in motion dramatically for an Anakin Solo return. And if Jacen is going to die they need Anakin to come back so it isn't just Jaina and Ben carrying the torch. Though personally I hope Jacen doesn't die but instead becomes a long lasting bad guy that Anakin and Jaina must deal with in a new Rebellion.

Star Trek brought back Spock. Boba Fett came back. Colossus just came back in Xmen. It's not like there isn't room for this to happen.

3. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm reading Revelation right now and you know how Traviss likes to put those little captions ahead of her chapter headings. Like Mandalorian proverbs and such. Well, I noticed in one of the early chapters (maybe even chapter one) it talks about, and I'm paraphrasing, a great warrior-sailor who went into a eternal slumber only to return one day when things were at their darkest and the drums of war beat loudest and he would come back to save everyone. And that his final promise was to come back and aide everyone and that we should not go into the final battle without him.

Does anyone else remember that passage? When I read that I thought of King Arthur and then I thought of Anakin Solo. I'm hoping Traviss was foreshadowing his return, even though the chapter starts out with Ben.

I'm thinking it would be cool if Ben finds a way to bring Anakin back or where Anakin is and undertakes this mission to get him.

4. T-boy-wan

T-boy-wan Jedi Master star 3

Jun 6, 2006
    How far have you got? because that does come into it but its not quite what you think.

5. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    That was a major disappointment. I was wrong about who it meant, but then was everyone else, I think. At least it was a real surprise, and LotF hasn't had many.

6. vereor_lynas

vereor_lynas Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 27, 2008
    i've actually got a bet on that we'll see force-ghost anakin in this next book!
    ive got quite a strong feeling that some1 is going to go back and get anakins lightsaber from that tree sometime soon! i hope it's jaina.. and that she attacks caedus using two blades at first.. and that the one that survives is anakins.. hmmm i can hope!

7. Emperor_Time

Emperor_Time Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2007
    I think it would be best that after Jacen is defeated that Anakin's ghost posseses Jacen's corpse and is thus alive again. [face_dancing]

8. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    That kind of act would be a Dark Side thing to do.[face_shame_on_you] It's better to get Anakin back in another way.[face_plain] Although...[face_thinking] He could always possess the body of Jagged Fel.:) That couldn't be a Dark Side act.[face_whistling];)

9. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    Your right. [face_whistling] But then he has to marry his sister. [face_sick]

10. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    Are you sure that Fel II wasn't born out of wedlock?[face_whistling] ;)

11. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    Possibly. [face_whistling] ;)

12. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Zekk could be the babydaddy and solve the whole problem nicely.

13. Emperor_Time

Aug 31, 2007
    Sounds good enough for me. :D

14. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I came across Thrawn McEwok's "Anakin Solo, Joseph Campbell, and the Yuuzhan Vong" discussion thread today and I think that it actually makes sense. I have always been infuriated by Ikrit's unfulfilled prophecy. If they had planned Anakin's death from the beginning, why bother writing an A/T prophecy in the first place?

Yesterday, I forget where exactly, I read another theory that the Anakin that Jaina recovered was actually a clone, and that the real Anakin wasn't cremated.

Let's just say that's true. For Anakin to become Yuuzhan Vong, he doesn't necessarily have to become a Yuuzhan Vong. I think that he just needed to live among them to learn about them, to truly understand their ideology and way of life. Even if he was human, couldn't Anakin have used a masquer to hide himself?

This is a side point but since LotF has yet to show Tahiri's point of view, it's possible that she's not as weak and pathetic as it seems. Maybe she's not all that emotionally dependent on flowwalking back to see Anakin, especially if she already knows Anakin is alive. Tahiri told Leia that Anakin would have wanted her to side with Jacen. Well...what if it was true? While she could be spying for Luke and the Jedi, they have shown no indication of that (which, of course, could be intentional to hide the fact that she's their spy), not even in private conversation or thoughts. What if Tahiri is really spying for Anakin?

Okay, admittedly, that is a little out there since, as far as I know, there isn't much of an explanation as to what Anakin is doing these days and it would probably upset people to randomly bring Anakin back into the picture, but still. It's possible...

15. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    It certainly wouldn't upset me!

I sadly do think that there is nothing more to Tahiri's role than we have seen and that those flow-walks will not change anything, but... I would like to believe that something like you describe is happening behind the scenes we see and that's the reason why we haven't gotten Tahiri's POV yet.

16. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    For a split second while I was reading REVELATION I thought, is it possible? Is Anakin back? :cool:

On page 80, Jaina was waiting for Fett in the bar with Beviin, and just the way the following was written gave me hope for a second;

"that the sensation that ran up her spine and made her hair bristle caught her by surprise.
    Impossible.
    No, that's just not possible.
    "What's wrong?" Beviin asked. (blah blah....)
    Jaina whipped around, ready to run, and the doors opened. Something was wrong-very wrong. The Force was telling her something that couldn't be true.
    Two Mandalorians walked in, one wearing (blah blah...)

At this stage I thought, is it possible? Has he returned :eek: The answer was NO. :mad:

17. fanboyskywalker

Apr 3, 2008
    I don't think it is plausible that he has been here this whole time in hiding... like underneath Mando armor secretly fighting with the Mandos (as cool as that does sound. lol). No, the only way he could have been here the whole time is if he has lost his memory following the events in SbS, or he is being held prisoner for some secret purpose. Otherwise, I don't believe he would just sit out the events unfolding around him.

For my money when we saw him last in SbS and his cells vanished into the Force I could see that meaning he went to another level of the Force, but who's to say there isn't a way to bring him back? A Kaiburr crystal, some kind of new Force technique (Denning, in particular, is good at coming up with new Force powers)? Or is it possible he was able to step out of time (like flow-walking) and figures out how to step back into it again in the present LOTF era? We've never seen what someone who is flow-walking looks like to those around flow-walkers, have we?

18. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    I know, that's why my hopes were up for only a second ;) I can always hope that he will return though. :D

19. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    [face_blush] Thanks. I'm not sure what the situation was when Keyes wrote Conquest, but I know the following: the plan was changed rapidly after Vector Prime had already been outlined; Jacen and Chewie were swapped for Anakin and Luke, when George Lucas said the one couldn't be the hero (too close to the Prequel plotline with another Anakin as protagonist) and the other couldn't be killed off.

I suspect the following: Jacen, not Luke, was originally supposed to be killed off in the first novel (Salvatore's description of his reaction makes it sound like he wasn't expecting to kill a major character before the Chewie decision was reached) which means they were developing the Jacen/Anakin contrast really as they went along; and Danni Quee was hurriedly subbed in for Tahiri's role in the plotline - as the green-eyed, blonde love interest captured by and exposed to the Yuuzhan Vong.

**** trilogy!

Now, we ALSO know that Mike Stackpole believed the decision to remove Anakin was a mistake, and decided to write him the way he did in order to campaign for the character's retention.

So: all things considered, it's possible that things were still up-in-the-air when Conquest was written, for the authors if not for the story-planners (and they, too, had probably been improvising quite dramatically since Vector Prime anyway)...

Adding fuel to the fire (pun unintended :p), I think it's worth noticing that the Yuuzhan Vong had Anakins body for a LONG time. Kyp's trip back to Eclipse after being damaged in the opening stages of the Battle of Coruscant takes "several dozen hours".

I dearly hope so... but I'm not putting any energy into trying to develop the idea, because I reckon it would be a waste of energy. [face_plain] :(

Interesting. I just assumed that Jaina assumed there'd be no Mandalorian Jedi. :p

[face_thinking]

- The Imperial Ewok

20. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    How do you guys know that Anakin isn't White Eyes?

21. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Good question!

Shameless plug for idle fanfic! :p

- The Imperial Ewok

22. JADES_FIRE

Dec 3, 2001
    I assumed that as well..... after I found out that it wasn't Anakin. :p

23. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    :_| Poor, wasted Tahiri...

And Anakin as White Eyes? *shrugs* On Wookieepedia, it says that both Leia and Jacen had a vision of a man with glowing white eyes in Tatooine Ghost and Tempest respectively, although it said that he represented Palpatine's return for Leia and Krayt's Sith for Jacen.

I have to say, if Anakin really is coming back, I would rather have him turn out to have been alive the whole time instead of being resurrected through Jacen's flow-walking.

24. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Maybe the authors just like messing with us? :p [face_plain]

:( :_| QFT. :( :_|

The white eyes seem to suggest Krayt, in a way, as they're originally linked to the twin suns of Tatooine - but that was back in TG, well before Star Wars: Legacy seems to have been conceived.

They seem to be symbolic in Denning's imagery, which makes their role in Inferno rather interesting... [face_thinking]

Isn't that the point about flow-walking, though. Anakin WAS alive... or do you just not want Jacen to be involved? :p

What if it wsa mainly Tahiri? [face_thinking] :D

- The Imperial Ewok

25. Rouge77

May 11, 2005
    The problem of connecting White Eyes to visions in different books of Denning is that White Eyes can't be all that important if he is at best a second-in-command to Krayt. And considering the existence of the Wyyrlok lineage, perhaps just third highest member in the New Sith Order at that point. Would Anakin really be in such a role? Unlikely, I think.

Revealing White Eyes to be some kind of puppet master behind the NSO would diminish Krayt, creating a secret history for this secret order of Sith, and would LFL&DR&DH really choose this kind of plot development for the overall Legacy era arch? I don't consider it to be likely. So, I think that most likely Denning is just adding odd visions and enigmatic characters who are not intended to be ever explored or explained in depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.