The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare

VIP
    star 6
    It's possible, but in White Eyes' defense, he does seem relatively high-ranking - he explicitly heads the meeting in Fury - and there are several significant players within One Sith as of Star Wars: Legacy.

It's somewhat jarring to realise that Anakin would be around thirty in "Legacy of the Force", but that's still an age at which few Jedi have been elevated to the rank of Master... Jaina, for example, is still running missions as a knight, not chairing the council like White Eyes seems to...

- The Imperial Ewok
  2. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    Why do people always try to find a way for Anakin to return whenever a new stranger shows up in the EU? :(

Besides with the sorry state the Solo/Skywalker clan is in due to LOTF he's better off dead IMO.
  3. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    It's fun?
  4. Zekks_Darkness Jedi Knight

star 1
    Personally, I'm tossing around a plot-bunny that has Anakin frozen in carbonite. I was inspired by Boba's ex-wife... Sintas?

Of course, it's also a Jacen/Tahiri fic...[face_mischief]

Imagine a 17 year-old Anakin suddenly showing up in the EU...

5. MistrX Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd still rather see him come back as a ghost more than anything else. Best of both worlds, IMO. He stays dead and still comes back for an appearance. I doubt it'll happen, though.
  6. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Because we want him back?

Isn't this sorry state really one answer to your first question? People want him back so that the situation would get better, as returning heroes tend to bring hope with them.
  7. Eleventh_Guard Force Ghost

star 5
    Somewhere, on a holonet fan site devoted to "Earth Wars," a saga dealing with a galaxy far, far away in the very distant future, someone would make a thread in the "Your Navy Council Community" forum titled "COUNTDOWN TO ANAKIN SOLO'S 18TH!"

Then somebody would post the "Team Creepy" holo.

And Tahiri would probably be online with a sock account pretending to be a 16-year-old girl so she could participate in the discussion without getting the finger-wag for being almost 30 and having the hots for a teenager, or Caedus finding out.
  8. fanboyskywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I like a grown up Anakin coming back rather than a 17 year old one because it would put him closer to Tahiri's age.

If a ghosts shows up, maybe he will show up during the Jaina/Jacen showdown in Invincible. Kind of like "stop, what are you doing!?!" No reason there can't be a ghost... unless they were going to bring him back or he's not dead.
    But boy, they sure have made a lot of references to him in LOTF. Hoping it wasn't for naught...

Otherwise, LFL, please stop teasing us!! ;)
  9. Xiphos Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but I wanna hear some peoples thoughts on this.

We know about Anakins vision of Tahiri falling to the darkside. We also know how Tahiris constant need to see Anakin ultimately forced Jacen to manipulate her into his apprentice. So here's my question, do you think his death set in motion the series of events that would lead to her falling to the darkside?

Also do you think if he lived, would he be the one who is a Sith Lord now instead of Jacen?
  10. JaySkywalker01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin wouldn't have become a Sith Lord, even if he had endured what Jacen had. Namely, because Anakin was only searching for a heart; he wanted to do good and save others just for its own purpose.

Jacen wanted to find a brain; he questioned everything and found no action to be the best course of action for fear of making the wrong choice.

Anakin's goals would have taken him to glory. We see where Jacen's took him.
  11. Emperor_Time Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder if Anakin would have still died if Palpatine had possess Anakin as a baby like he wanted too? [face_thinking]
  12. JaySkywalker01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just a thought. White eyes had the ability to apparently read a computer chip by simply holding it in his hand. (that was the way I read the scene at least) Doesn't that sound an awful lot like something Anakin should have been able to do with the Force? His mechanical aptitude was always outstanding and even as a child he could sense and work with machines.

Not really a high possibility, but its a slight connection. SLIGHT.
  13. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    Hello peoples!

So i have not read this whole thread(only like the last 4 pages), so sorry if this has been posted before.

Theory: Jacen is now a Sith Lord. Im currently reading TOTJOmni2, the first time i have ever read TOTJ. Freedon Nadd seemed to know a way that a LIVE force-user could make a dead Spirit flesh again. What are the odds that Jacen discovers this and brings Anakin back? This fits into canon, as it is already there, makes Jacen being a Sith Lord mean something other than what is apparent, and brings Anakin back.

Questions? Comments? Complaints?
  14. JaySkywalker01 Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't see why Jacen would have any interest in bringing Anakin back at this point. He basically consideres his dead brother a fool and wonders why he named his star destroyer after him.
  15. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    As last we know, Anakin thought the Force was a Tool. I could definately see how Caedus might think a Force-User who thinks of the Force as only a tool would be helpful in his campaign. No?
  16. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have to say no, sadly. If we leave aside the fact how late it would be for Jacen to do something like this in the end of the series, we should remember that Anakin's death is now one of the reasons for Jacen's fall. Not just the torture at the hands of the evil Sithbird or Lumiya's lies. Now, if Jacen would find a way to somehow bring Anakin permanently back, that would take away one of the reasons for him becoming a Sith. It would close one of his open, mental wounds. That could result Jacen having a chance to throw aside his Sith identity, and even his post-Traitor identity. Caedus identity would fight against this possibility, as the death of Anakin is one of the reasons for it's existence.
  17. Jikit Jedi Knight

star 1
    New thoughts.

Tahiri is on the dark side of the force right? But what if, just what if she's is Anakin Skywalker and not Jacen Solo. I'm just hear me out this may sound crazy but. Anakin Skywalker wasn't evil at first he was a good man trying to save his wife. However, Tahiri hasn't completely falling yet her love for Anakin is still present as show from her talk with Leia during their duel. And also I think that she's not at spy for the order nor is she really working for Jacen. I think that she is acutally a Sith in order to find the secret to life. Maybe, she believes that if she can get Jacen to teach her how to flow walk she can change history herself with out him. Or better yet maybe she believes that there is someonething the dark side of the force can do that the light can't.

What ever the case IF Anakin has hope of coming back I believe that Tahiri is some how key and that's why they key her personal thoughts so guarded from readers
  18. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Okay, I've got a big question for everyone here, and one we need to point to whenever folks whine about the thought of brining Anakin Solo back.

if Star Wars doesn't do resurrections, why is everyone so perfectly willing to accept Sintas Vel coming back to life?

Abel, explicitly states on his blog that Sintas died when Ailyn was 16. Yet, lo and behold, she's waltzing around as happy as you please in Revelations.

So, where are the calls of "Star Wars has 'jumped the shark.'" or that "Resurrections aren't Star Wars."

19. Charlemagne19 Chosen One

star 7
    Star Wars did resurrections as early as "Run Luke, Run!"
  20. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I know that, but since Anakin's death, it's been claimed that resurrections just aren't Star Wars anymore.
  21. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    I was asking that question after Inferno when there were suggestions Anakin might be brought back via flow walking. So many people said Star Wars would be "jumping the shark" ignoring the fact that Sintas was miraculously resurrected in the previous book :p I don't get it. I guess it's only jumping the shark if it's actually a character people want back.
  22. QuentinGeorge Force Ghost

star 5
    There's a difference between a death when we see the character die in the narrative, and one that is a proverbial "they never found the body", like Sintas. Abel's article described her disappearing on Ailyn's 16th birthday, never to return.

If Anakin had gone on the mission, and never returned, with us just having other characters assume he was dead, that'd be a similar case.
  23. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    yk - I guess that's what it is...

No, Abel's article is quite clear:

I'm not sure how much clearer one can make it. Additionally, we didn't see Anakin die in the narrative. The text merely states that he was gone. That could just as easily be saying that he lost consciousness. Additionally, that entire section of the narrative is now suspect since Tahiri has changed the past by having her give Anakin the kiss.
  24. new_jedi_order Jedi Padawan

what the **** anakin would have done worse i think
  25. ZanderSolo Force Ghost

star 3
    Must have sucked when he woke up on that funeral pyre, burning, on Hapes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.