main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    I wish that Lucas would have just let the book people do their thing. I'm not really an Anakin Solo fanboy, but he really was the most heroic figure the NJO had going for it, and like Thrawn McEwok and Rouge77 said, his name really was very recognizable, a lot moreso than Jacen Solo (IMO, that is). I also agree with Michael Stackpole in that Anakin's death was just such a massive waste. This new policy that only people named Skywalker can be the hero of the GFFA is flawed, and also very disappointing.

Personally, if I were running things at the time, I would have let Salvatore kill Luke in Vector Prime (and this is coming from a huge Luke fan). But I also would have had Ben Skywalker already born before then, too. And I would have kept Anakin Solo as the hero. I did like the idea of Jacen going to the dark side, which I think could have happened no matter what, just based on his early characterization in NJO. So I would have kept that general idea, too.

Oh well, it's water under the bridge, now...

2. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    I agree with all of the above.

And yes, I do think that the "Anakin returning" door has been slammed shut with the conclusion of LOTF. Resurrecting him at 17 would be too weird; revealing him as being alive the whole time would leave too many questions like, what the hell was he doing all those years? His old girlfriend's and older brother's descent into the dark side would surely bring Anakin "out of hiding" or whatever else he could've been doing...

When all is said and done, leaving Anakin dead is probably the best choice. Resurrecting one person could mean that everybody who has ever died in SW is capable of returning...not good. Would it have been awesome anyway? Heck yes.

Who knows, maybe one of Jaina's sons (if and when she has any) will keep the Solo name, or Allana's - I mean Amelia's - will.

3. Reemsworld

Reemsworld Jedi Master star 1

Mar 16, 2006
    Folks we must not fail to remember that this is "Star Wars" Science Fiction Fantasy; anything is possible. Even if the door is closed it will never be locked, its just how do they decide to open the door, that is the real question. Maybe a group of Vong have him in an induced coma experimenting with his body. Maybe they have him in some Vong stasis and he'll re-awake in the Legacy comics. You never no, so keep hope alive!

4. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    I've actually come to the point that I no longer want Anakin Solo to return. The time has simply passed. LOTF presented the perfect point for golden boy (said with affection) to return, but now it's just too little, too late.

And returning in the Legacy comics would be, IMO, lame. I'm not a fan of that series to begin with, but it is clearly Cade's story and Anakin Solo would only take a backseat. Plus, there's no hook there for him. And we wouldn't get the gravitas of a reunion with his family, just his interaction with a bunch of people he doesn't know. The prospect of that doesn't sound all that exciting.

5. Reemsworld

Mar 16, 2006
    I hear what you're saying, but i'm a big fan of the Legacy comics, and i remember some folks saying that the prospect of having a series set just a hundred years in the future would not do well! I think with any plot point it's all about execution. And if done well, whichever way, Anakin Solo's return could be very exciting.

6. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Return you mean Like Reincarnation?

7. Reemsworld

Mar 16, 2006
    call it whatever you like....

8. fanboyskywalker

fanboyskywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 3, 2008
    You're right, it is about the execution... which, judging by the way things seem to be headed (see the ending of Invincible), makes me wonder if they wouldn't flub that concept up, too.

9. Reemsworld

Mar 16, 2006
    Very vaild point, can't argue with you there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.