main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wisconsinites? [face_laugh]

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I just wanted to make sure that my 5000th post went to the right place...

... where my heart is. [face_love]

3. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    A new thread, a new brand of wackiness!

I'm avoiding the Remnant spoilers, but I'm much more curious now to read the book.

4. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I just ordered FH1 off Amazon.com. :)

*SPOILERS, y'all! Highlight and take a looksee*

The mysterious figure is not Anakin because he has no force powers. The person looks like he may be a sort-of "replacement" Anakin for Tahiri. I could be wrong, though.

EDIT: Uh, I can see the "invisible" text. Is there a mod in the house?
    EDIT 2: Thanks, Big Brother.
    EDIT: Invisible--not invisible. Make-up your mind!

5. Adm_voss_parck

Adm_voss_parck Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2002
    I just wanted to make sure that my 5000th post went to the right place...

... where my heart is.

All together now..."Ohhhhhhhh!"

See what happens! You become a Mod and your brain turns to mush! :p

*hides in corner*

I'll be good. [face_plain]

6. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Remnant Spoilers, in response to Darth Guy's spoiler post.

grrr, can't figure out how to do the invisible text!

JMA

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Hurm. I can't figure out what's up with the spoiler text. It's the same color as the background -- so both should be rendering properly.

I'll check with Kadue tomorrow.

8. WraithLead

WraithLead Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    the spoilers were interesting, and they did succeed in making me actually look forward to reading a book in the series, something that hasn't happened in quite a while.

I also just noticed that we were finally about to catch the han and leia thread when the old thread bought the farm. we had been chasing them for so long.

9. Jaressa

Jaressa Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2001
    Ok, I've read the latest spoilers for Remnant and I can't wait for the book. So many people have talked about Anakin coming back in mnay different ways. I have had something sort of circling my mind for a while and the Remnant spoilers stirred it up. In the book where Anakin has his vision of Tahiri being turned and he must go rescue her before she kills someone.In the vision she says something like I'm the last of my kind, your the last of yours and then proceeds to try and kill this "being" with her lightsaber. In the next book when Anakin tells her of the vision she tells him she would never hurt him. He says, it wasn't him she was trying to hurt. I know there was talk one point of it being Jacen in this vision, but I have another idea. What if this person in the vision was Anakin, but cloned/grown to be part human part Vong. This would definately make him the only of his kind and Tahiri a one of a kind as she if the only one to survive the Vongifying. (Jacen did not have his brain altered as she did.) This is only my second post, so this may have already come up before.

10. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    OK, blonde moment. I still had the old thread in my active notifications and not the new. I missed 2 pages without even knowing it!

Alman: I told you as soon as I found out, kid. I can't help it if you let little things like school get in the way! 8-}

Tahiri: Welcome back! :D

dp4m: Congrats on 5000!

ALL: Please be careful, guys *cough Whitey* 8-}. I don't want any spoilers and have disciplined myself against reading the spoiler posted. I don't want to have to drop out of the thread.

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    [Spanish_accent/pronounciation]Jesus Christos![/Spanish_accent/pronounciation]

I'm gone for one day and the thread gets restarted, and Dp4m gets Modded! Cruel world... :p

Whitey: Depends what you mean by Wisconsinite. I live in Wisconsin, but I was born in Indiana and spent years 2-7 of my life in Oregon. I don't have the Wisconsin accent, (yet), either.

Jaressa: Vong-Anakin. *SIGH* Exactly why I fear a return... [face_plain]

12. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    I like this thread!

Congratulations on the promo dp4m!!!!

I havent been online much, as irl calls for most of my time these days, grrrrr.I do try to make it on as often as possible, most of the time i always miss out on something, but it looks like i got here in the middle, heh.
    i like the introductory post, very insightful, filled me with renewed hope, as did the Remnant spoilers, which i wont utter here, upon the request that poeople dont want to be spoiled,i respect the request.

i still stand by my belief that ANAKIN WILL REURN!! :p

Tahiri-Solo

13. Lord_Matthew

Lord_Matthew Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2002
    ConGrats... Anyhoo.. where was this spoiler for anakins return?
    I am soo confused

14. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Lol, Jade-Walker! I have moments like that, a lot actually. But I'm not blond 8-}

Actually, these spoilers perk my interest like nothing has in the past few books since SbS. Although there's got to be more in the book than the spoilers we've been given....

First thing we know is that this guy cannot use the Force - or he doesn't and can shield himself to the extent that that no one can sense him. Think about it - in Conquest, Anakin discovers a way to feel the Vong through the Force in a way that none of the other Jedi, including Luke, can emulate. What's to say that he doesn't figure out a way to push himself out of their spectrum of the Force and use the "Vong" Force to hide himself? The Jedi still cannot sense the Vong in the conventional sense. Maybe, if he is using Vongsense, he can't affect machines? That's why he asks Tahiri to do it for him, maybe? I believe, IMHO, that saying that this guy can't be Anakin because he can't use the Force - or hides the fact that he can - would be too quick a way to rule the possibility out.

Tahiri's familiarity towards him is also a slight hint. Though others can be right, it could be Raynar or something. We haven't been told enough to know, at least without having read the book.

Okay well that's all the speculation I'm doing for now :)

dp4m Edit: Edited spoilers to transparent. Kinda.

15. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey, Tahiri, Tahiri-Solo--almost all the old gang has checked in. Hmm, haven't seen Tahi or Satine yet...and once Twilight gets the lead out of her arse [face_laugh] . Bunch of new people too, this thread is humming already. It's bound to see quite a bit of action in the next few weeks over FH 1. At the least it will hopefully inspire some hot debate that FASFO had been missing in recent weeks. Oh yeah :D

16. Adm_voss_parck

Oct 2, 2002
    Hmm, haven't seen Tahi or Satine yet...

Anyone seen a Satine sized box lying around? :p

17. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    not yet, u never know where one may pop up though

18. JediMasterSamBaggins

JediMasterSamBaggins Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    YEAH!!! Thank you Moff D!! I got it! Okay since I finally figured it out (thanks to Moff D and even THEN it took two trys)then I wanted to respond to what someone said, spoilers ahead!

Okay, I agree that the fact that the mysterious stranger cannot feel the force doesn't really mean he's not Anakin. First the theory has already been proposed that about Anakin returning without any Force powers, Callista when she returned toa new body likewise had no force powers. Secondly in Traitor Ganner walks into a room and is face to face with Jacen and doesn't even know it untill he suddenly finds himself running from the room and it's only at that point that he realizes there is a powerful force user in the room he just left. So if Jacen could mask his presence from Ganner from point blank range then I'm sure Anakin could as well. Jacen also managed to mask himself from his own twin and family. Tahiri might not immediately recognize him becasue she doesn't expect to, you see only what you want to and she could recognize him and her mind rejects it becasue he's supposed to be dead. Especially if Anakin has been changed in any way, she might not recognize him.

Okay, so that's my two cents. If nothing else there will be a lot more to talk about once the new books are out. The Refugee and Reunion book covers and synoposis' are out, look at the cover to Reunion, who the hay is that supposed to be? I have a idea based on clothing and hair color but I don't know.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

19. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    It's like this:

blah blah blah

that's color=#dddddd]blah blah blah[/color]

I left off the first [ before color=#dddddd so you can see it--so it would actually be

-There you go Baggins :)

20. yoda4982

yoda4982 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    This is what i think, only what i think.

The Supreme overlord seems to be able to use the Force...DW... and he seems to be very powerful i.e. Palpatine powerful. Could it be that he is shielding the Vong using some technic of the Force non of the Jedi know about, and that thanks to Anakin's amulet that he added to his lightsaber he was able to tap into it alittle.

I just had this thought so i want to share it.

21. Adm_voss_parck

Oct 2, 2002
    Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my god, oh my GOD!

[face_exhausted]

Check out the cover of Reunion! Can anyone say...ANAKIN! :D :D :D

22. Wraith_One

Wraith_One Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    Wow. I didnt get here until page three? DARN! hmmm... very grat start dp4m

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Check out the cover of Reunion! Can anyone say...ANAKIN!

Pfft. I said that in the Reunion thread long ago... ;)

Unfortunately it'll likely be Jacen. [face_plain]

24. Adm_voss_parck

Oct 2, 2002
    Pfft. I said that in the Reunion thread long ago...
    Yeah but i don't read everything, and i can't remember it being brought up on FASFO.

Unfortunately it'll likely be Jacen.
    The Force is not to be underestimated, young Padawan. :p

25. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    dp4m:I found your warnings but it's to late for me to edit the post. Sorry, won't happen again. But you have to agree there have been far worse posts.

Check out the cover of Reunion! Can anyone say...ANAKIN!

It's probably Jacen but it could very easily be Anakin. I once thought it was Anakin on the cover of Traitor, but look who it turned out to be. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.