main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    But welcome back -- and Windows Demons, leave his place -- I COMMAND YOU!!!

If it continues to get worse, we might need to summon an old computer tech and a young computer tech! [face_shocked]

;)

JMA

2. Wraith_One

Wraith_One Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    I dont think that is Anakin on the cover of Reunion. It appears to be Jacen. Didn't Jacen keep his beard. And the lightsaber color? As much as I want it to be Anakin....*sighs* guess not.

Who do you think is on the cover of Refugee?

When is the coverart for TFP supposed to be released?

Questions are bubbling out of me as much as Raynar used to. ;)

3. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Jacen & Tahiri?
    Perish the thought! [face_shocked]
    If they are a team for a short while, fine.
    If DR makes them a couple :mad: that would be horrible!
    I would start asking Satine where to get another box!

4. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Since I missed the closing of our beloved FASFO thread due to being very busy this week :mad: I would just like to add a few of my thoughts.

FASFO was no ordinary thread, it was unique in that while it was always a debate it was part fan club and even part social thread as well. Born out of tragedy the thread was a symbol of hope over despair and of what Star Wars should be as opposed to what Del Rey wish to turn it into. The thread combined hope based on emotion, the rationality of which is still debated, and intelegent and deep reasoning on why Anakin could and should return. Many of us came to the thread having lost hope of Anakin's return only to be lifted by seeing that so many other fans who had been in the same position now believed that a return was possible. I am sure that I am not alone when I say that it was one of the first threads that I ever posted in and that since joining the JC I posted there more days than I did not. A great many members made contributions above and beyond the call of duty and to name them all would be impossible but I would single out dp4m for his undoubted commitment to the thread, his relentless and unwavering debating and his gift for finding obscure details from so many sources, Tahi for her passionate arguements for Anakin's return and unique ability to look at the symbolism of the situation, Cee_Wulf for playing the role of devils advocate for so long (including a long spell by himself) without ever insulting those who believe in Anakin's return and on a personal note Moff_D with whom I have enjoyed several brilliant and witty exchanges.

FASFO has now passed into history but all of us who were there are better for it. Let us make sure that this thread is a worthy succesor. To quote Sir Winston Churchill, "Never give up, never"

FASFO

January 20th 2002 - January 29th 2003

RIP

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    DarthKarde...
    "...part fan club and even part social thread as well."

Shhhhhh. You knew it was part fan club and even part social thread. "They" knew it was part fan club and even part social thread. But, if the Lit. mods ever found out that it was part fan club and even part social club, it should have gotten locked much earlier.

How about we all agree it was a "unique" (//raises fingers in quotation signs) discussion thread without calling undo attention to any sort of fan club or social club traits. ;)

6. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Nicely put Darth Karde, and thanks, I too have enjoyed our exchanges. ;)

-oh....um, yeah. FASFO was always on the mark regarding its topic and posts. ALWAYS! Genghis is a mod so he would know.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No, no... it's a "discussion" thread -- didn't you see the title and all? ;)

8. DarthKarde

Jun 28, 2002
    With 2 mods on our side we don't need worry about things like that do we [face_mischief]

Although I put "always a debate" just in case Gandolf was looking ;)

9. Wraith_One

Nov 11, 2002
    *applauds DK* That thread lasted a couple days shy of a year. FASFO was so young. A good thing we have another born in it's place. ;)

10. DarthKarde

Jun 28, 2002
    It lasted 1 year and 9 days.

11. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    And it "disappeared" exactly a year and three months after Anakin did, for those counting...

...before being reborn again "in the flesh" like this thread was like Anakin will be.

12. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Hey, have any of you guys checked out the final prohphecy speculation thread?

13. Wraith_One

Nov 11, 2002
    Whoops it was over a year not under. Math was never my strongest subject.

14. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    I just want to thank everyone for renewing my hope. After I read ahead to Dark Journey and I found out he died, I got really mad! I thought I was the only against his death and wanted his return. But then I found theforce.net and the FASFO thread. Seeing so many fans sharing my opinion has renewed my hope greatly, and after reading the Remnant spoilers there is even more hope. Thank You.

-Whitey

Edit:Was it just me or did that really sound like I was at some kind of a support group or AA meeting?

15. Wraith_One

Nov 11, 2002
    Whitey~ It did, a little but that's okay. ;)

16. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Lol Whitey :) Sorry about not covering the spoilers! *wince* Anyway, about the covers... Well, I would say it's one of two combinations:

1.) Jacen and Danni. Danni pops up every once in a while. Why not now?

2.) Anakin and Tahiri. First of all, you can't see the guys face. He seems like his hair is a little long, and he has a beard or something, but if Anakin's been in seclusion or something, I don't think he'd really care enough to get a haircut and shave. If it really is this combination - and you could definitely say I'm reading too much into it - but they seem to be being pulled away from each other. Maybe a hint at the idea that Anakin has been trying to reunite with Tahiri but they're somehow being kept apart? The guy has a green lightsaber, which is I think Jacen's color, though.

The girl in the picture, I would say, is probably Tahiri. She looks a bit young to be Danni, maybe. I have no idea. Anyone else's guess is better than mine.

Off note: Don't EVER watch Lord of the Rings, the animated edition of 1979. ARAGORN HAS NO PANTS. It gets to you. 8-}

17. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    She looks a bit young to be Danni

Actually, at first I really thought it was Mara with dyed hair! [face_laugh]

Doesn't anybody else think she looks a bit too old? :confused:

18. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Tahi, Satine and Twilight:

Where the hell are you!!!!!!

19. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Was it just me or did that really sound like I was at some kind of a support group or AA meeting?

That's alright, Whitey.
    I was really angry about it when I read SbS, too. I was really glad to find others who were and had hope for his return like you did. :D

20. Jedi_Moeck

Jedi_Moeck Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    The Reunion cover looks like Jason and Tahiri, but I doubt seriously if they end up a couple. They are after all on a mission together after all, so it would make sense for Jacen them to be together.

21. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    DarthKarde wrote:

...Cee_Wulf for playing the role of devils advocate for so long (including a long spell by himself) without ever insulting those who believe in Anakin's return...

Genghis12 wrote:

But, if the Lit. mods ever found out that it was part fan club and even part social club, it should have gotten locked much earlier.

Fan club? Social club?? What are these alien things you speak of?

...before being reborn again "in the flesh" like this thread was like Anakin will be.

It's nice to know, that after a year and three months, you guys haven't lost your hope....

But keep dreaming.

;)

1.) Jacen and Danni. Danni pops up every once in a while. Why not now?

Especially since they made it pretty clear that there are romantic interests between them in DW.

22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I'm 100% sure that Jacen and Danni are on the Reunion cover.

To me, the blond looks too old to be Tahiri. Then again, the FH artwork are pieces of crap.

23. Jedi_Moeck

Jan 24, 2003
    I was thinking, did we ever get a short summary/synopsis of the trilogy that Greg Keyes ended up replaceing? I'd be very interesting in knowing if Anakin was featured in those books or not. I mean, if his character hadn't really been developed by Keyes to begin with, I'm not sure there would be as many people hopeing that Anakin would be revived

Me personaly, I have been a fan of Anakin since VP, but many of my friends really only started to like him after EoV.

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    No, Anakin was definitely not going to be a central character in Knightfall. It was going to be centered around Danni and someone else(not Ganner!).

I'm not sure there would be as many people hopeing that Anakin would be revived.

I agree. Despite repeated denials(lies, all lies!).

25. Jedi_Moeck

Jan 24, 2003
    Then considering that DR had the entire story arc planned out before they even began the series, would they focus the resolution to the series on a lesser developed Anakin? Right now, the only way that I could see them reviveing Anakin is if he played a major role in ending the war-and as such the focus of the resolution.

Please someone tell me I'm wrong, I want to go back to hopeing. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.