main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Del Rey changes the story arc(not drastically), depending on the changes that occur in the writing and publishing process.

2. Jedi_Moeck

Jedi_Moeck Jedi Youngling

Jan 24, 2003
    Right, but wouldn't the revival of a character be major? It's just that w/o EoV, most of our reasons for why Anakin should/could be revived would not exist.

3. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    There is always the possibilty that DR always planned to bring Anakin back in someway and we have been ranting away for months for nothing. (Perish the thought!)

Why don't you try designing the cover Darth Guy? :p

4. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Why don't you try designing the cover Darth Guy?

These covers absolutely suck compared to the others in the NJO, IMO.

5. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    I love these, and think they're far better than most of the standard NJO fare, the worst of which being Traitor and Dark Journey. Yech!

JMA

6. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    At least the drawings actually look like the characters.

Anybody gonna actually respond to my spoiler post?

7. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    I'm not reading spoiler posts this time around. Sorry.

8. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Aw, #$&#*!!!

JMA?

9. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    At least the drawings actually look like the characters.

Uh Guy, thats because the ones on Traitor and Dark Journey weren't drawings. They photos of models that looked like the characters. 8-}
    I think the FH covers are pretty cool, but the characters do look a bit ugly. The "bit" was un understatement.

10. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Darth_Guy wrote:

To me, the blond looks too old to be Tahiri. Then again, the FH artwork are pieces of crap.

I thought it was really great. Much better than previous works.

Moff_D wrote:

There is always the possibilty that DR always planned to bring Anakin back in someway and we have been ranting away for months for nothing. (Perish the thought!)

Possible, but I don't think so. I haven't seen any indication of such, anyway.

11. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Uh Guy, thats because the ones on Traitor and Dark Journey weren't drawings. They photos of models that looked like the characters.

No. They were drawings of models.

12. JediMasterSamBaggins

JediMasterSamBaggins Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    They're lousy either way. Does it look like the blond women's arms are being dissolved or are they just covered with vines? Is that really Jaina on the second one? sheesh I thought it was a guy with long hair.

Leia and Luke joined together in DE to form one entity for a space to destroy the Emperor. Now Tahiri and Anakin could do the same thing but since he has no body, not that it matters as yoda says beings of light are we not this crude matter, they just stay joined. Now presenting for the first time ever TAHANAKIN!!!!

Just joking! :D :D

13. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Ewww....

14. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Then again, the FH artwork are pieces of crap.
    Tell us houw you really feel, Guy!

You didn't like the DJ and Traitor covers, JMA? I guess I like any of the covers that give us a more concrete representation of what the characters look like. (Esp conquest and the Japanese covers).

I also only really got into Anakin's character since EoV. Now I'll have to go back and re-read the previous books to get more of his character before that!

15. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Darth_Guy wrote:

No. They were drawings of models.

Actually, I think they were manipulated photographs. Pictures made to look like drawings in Photoshop.

Either way, I agree that the covers for DJ and Traitor sucked.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Even if they aren't drawings, I still think that they are better than FH books.

I don't like Jaina looking like a 50 year-old.

17. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    What? They look like drawings? I always thought they were real. Yeah they are real, but you know what I mean.

18. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    You didn't like the DJ and Traitor covers, JMA?

I really didn't, and that's too bad since Traitor and DJ are two great reads, IMO. This coming after SEVERAL reads of each on my part, because at first I pretty much detested DJ, and I still don't agree with the principles revealed in Traitor, but oh well! :)

For me, having anything that even resembled a (finger air quotes) "real" photograph on the cover just didn't work in the least. Jaina looked hideously Goth, and not only that, but was Jacen wearing lipstick on the Traitor cover? Does giving in to the Dark Side also mean giving in to Mary Kay? Sheesh!

Also, what was with the X-Wing schematic diagram on the Traitor's cover? It made sense for it to be on Jaina's, but Jacen has flown an X-Wing maybe a total of 2 times in the series, and at any rate, he's not known for piloting. It just seemed like such a complete cop out. Like the guys at LFL went "Oh screw it. Copy Dark Journey's and call it good. Oh, and be sure to put the lipstick on Jacen".

I like the Force Heretic covers. Even if Jaina looks like some sort of troll (When she's Leia's daughter and supposed to be quite the hottie), I like the departure from the normal style of cover art. It's unique and fun to look at.

And Darth_Guy, what spoiler post are you referring too? I couldn't find one, but if you direct me to it I'll reply! :)

JMA

19. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Ok, I inadvertently stumbled across another spoiler and it should have little if anything to do with Anakin. Of course, it could play out a lot cooler than it sounds but I find it a little lacklustre. Anyway...
    (highlight)

Teaming up with the Ssi-Ruuk? Sounds somewhat uninspiring to me but as I said it could turn out better than it sounds (to me anyway).

Could throw the whole Anakin debate into a tizzy again, as in the FH trilogy won't have anything to do with him.

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    JMA: My second post on this page. :)

Moff_D:

*spoilers, y'all! you know the routine*

Why did you open that can of worms?

:_|

EDIT: It's not invisible...

21. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Darth Guy, I actually DID respond to it, but couldn't get the invisible text to work. Let's try this again...

I don't think his apparent lack of Force powers is necessarily a certain indicator of whether it's Anakin or not. As Ganner showed in Traitor and Alema and Numa Rar showed in Star by Star, it is quite simple for a Jedi to mask his Force abilities, making it seem as if he/she has none. Why would he do this? I'm sure, if he is indeed masking his powers, he has his reasons. :)

JMA

22. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    One, well why not? People don't have to read it.
    Two, what's not invisible?

23. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Look closer at the "invisible" text... under the Halloween scheme.

24. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    It's largely conjectural right now. We need more info on just who really are on those covers. :D

25. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    JMA:
    I pretty much detested DJ, and I still don't agree with the principles revealed in Traitor, but oh well!

Yeah, I thought the Jaina-going-to-the-darkside was really weak. It is a great idea for the storyline, but poorly executed.

Jacen wearing lipstick! LOL [face_laugh]
    I wouldn't put it past the fem little whiner! 8-}

If Jaina wasn't supposed to be hot, she wouldn't have 3 guys falling all over her despite the fact that she's such a b**** in DJ. I do love the part, though, where Jag thinks that there are entirely too many handsome, dark-haired, green-eyed men hanging around Jaina. I was disappointed when they left that line out of the audiotape version.

Pertaining to previous discussion:
    I read on one of the other threads that DR had sketched out the storyline and details thereof prior to Greg Keyes adding in the prophesy about A&T. I really hope that it was intended from the beginning! I want to see Anakin return to Tahiri & the prophesy fulfilled.

This is our most desperate hour. Help us, Greg Keyes. You're our only hope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.