main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Anakin Solo Discussion Thread, v2.0 (Spoilers Allowed; Please See Thread Rules)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by dp4m, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Hmmm this is my first foray here and I havn't read backwards so sorry if this has been said before.

With the Ssi-ruuk perhaps being in the FH series, would it be possible for Anakin's spirit which is trapped somewhere to be enteched in someone elses body or a clone with their wonder tech? With a Jedi's help of course ;)

point taken Moff_D :)

2. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    An interesting thought Loon but I think that would definitely qualify as spoiler so you (or a mod I guess) might want to 'invisible' that thought.

This is our most desperate hour. Help us, Greg Keyes. You're our only hope!

[face_laugh] Funny line Jade. Lord knows we can use a laugh this tragic morning.

3. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Thinking about your point a little more Jedi Loon...

...anything is possible but then the question becomes who would Anakin's spirit be in and how would it have gotten there, at least as far as the Ssi-Ruuk are concerned. No less plausible then some other ideas floated previously, though ;)

4. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    About the whole spaceship Columbia tragedy, my mom's uncle and his company actually designed part of Challenger, the first shuttle that exploded. I think he had a stroke when he heard about it. :_|

5. WraithLead

WraithLead Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2001
    Yes that was definitely a sad piece of information. And with CNN and all the national coverage, it gave it a surreal effect. Very disheartening.

Spoiler comment:

I agree that having no force powers doesn't mean much. For all we know, CeeWulf and the others hoping for this have simply gotten their wish. Maybe Anakin has no force powers since his return.

6. JediMasterSamBaggins

JediMasterSamBaggins Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2003
    JMA: My second post on this page.

Darth Guy, I DID respond to your post in a big long paragraph too. It's on the second page,same page as your original post, down near the bottom. :D

7. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    Just because no one is doing anything overhere, let me say that if he doesn't come back I will have nothing about Star Wars to look forward to after Episode 3!!!

[voice_Palpatine]A new power is rising! Its victory is at hand! Join me, and together we will destroy Del Ray and bring Anakin Solo back! With our combined strengths, we will bring peace and prosperity to the EU! Soon we will reveal ourselves to the Del Ray, soon we will have our revenge! Everything is proceeding as I have forseen and done so by my design!

*pro returners everywhere cheer and praise me*

Wipe them out, all of them! Mwahahahahahaha! Mwahahahahaha! [voice_palpatine]

8. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    The first transport is away
    *cheers*

oops wrong cheer

*cheers @ Whitey*

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Just because no one is doing anything overhere, let me say that if he doesn't come back I will have nothing about Star Wars to look forward to after Episode 3!!!

That's pretty sad, IMO. I have a lot to look foward to in Star Wars. My SW literary experience does not, did not, and will not focus on Anakin Solo.

10. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Being someone who hasnt learnt new code, I use spaces for spoilers :)

SPOILERS

Remember, we dont know the Ssi-Ruuk are actually IN the books. It could be that it's adapted Vong. Like how they wanted to do with Tahiri? What that could mean is the trapping thing wouldnt happen.

Another theory is that Anakin will be in one of those Ruuk thingies, and then die. If he is in one, he's a goner IMO.

END

11. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Thats very true, its a working theory that will change with evidence ;)

Although I am pretty confident at the moment about the race in question turning up, due to the cover art. :)

12. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    *spoilers, y'all! Highlight to take a looksee*

How, in every conceivable scenario, could the Ssi-Ruuk have Anakin?

13. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I didn't mean that they had him but that the technolgy could be used :)

14. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Actually, I saw someone other than you write it. I forgot who, however.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, let's see how confusing I can make this...

So, the Mystery Man isn't Anakin. There's actually no chance that it is because it's a Ryn, but it's not Droma.

However, there were tons of other things in the book that gave me hope besides the Mystery Man. Those interested in spoilers can go read the Official Heretic thread. I posted it all out in there.

16. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002

EDIT: Never mind. Those excerpts better be real, dp4m, or I'm gonna shake my fist at you!

17. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Reading dp4ms post without highlighting is like listening to the radio as it cuts out :)

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    EDIT: Never mind. Those excerpts better be real, dp4m, or I'm gonna shake my fist at you!

I'm a Mod now... I can't lie...

<tries to keep straight face>
    //fails

19. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003

That's pretty sad, IMO. I have a lot to look foward to in Star Wars. My SW literary experience does not, did not, and will not focus on Anakin Solo.

Neither is mine. In fact I have Shadow Hunter, a prequal era book and the YJK series, which he was hardly in. It's just that the books aren't as enjoyable without him. And there's still comics and video games. Lets just say I was exaggerating.

20. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Lets just say I was exaggerating.

That's good. :)

21. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    His body was cremated . . . yet in a funeral scene that was so light in page numbers, so rushed, it seemed laughable then . . . yet could have been for long term reasons now?

22. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001

Mods, don't need to lie [face_mischief] they just change the rules. ;) :p

23. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Spoilers abounding;
    I really do think this is a book that Anakin fans will find hopeful; Jaina dreams of the Voxyn mission, and senses the dream has meaning to it. Additionally, there are references throughout to EoV and SbS, especially through Tahiri's eyes.

24. Whitey

Jan 26, 2003
    dp4m and J_K Dart: Your spoilers have given me new hope!

Anakin will return!

25. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Spoilers....must....resist! I best get this friggin' book so I can enlighten you with my wonderful insight. :p

I gather there is reason to be hopeful, which is better than nothing. At least there will be fuel for the fire of this fine thread. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.