main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Angel of Alderaan-ANH AU(A/A,H/L,L/M)-COMPLETED!- 22.May 2005: Some re-written for Ep. III

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Tribun, Apr 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tribun

Tribun Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 2003
  2. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    With Mara Jade now in the picture, I guess we will soon find out just how much allegiance she has to the Emperor. I think that when she discovers the truth of the situation, the Skywalker family just might be able to convince her to switch to their side. Since this is an AU, anything can happen.

3. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Hey,hey, Tribun.

I'm here as requested.

I realy like your story very much so far.

Palpy seeing the point in mercy over mass destruction?
    What was in the caf he drunk with his morning paper?

I think we are not much afar from the way we think about Vader.

Do you know 'Power Lust'? It has a very good Vader in it, too. And let's not forget FoD.

Your story is one of the few story where I realy love the characterization of Vader.

Continue the good work.

Vadey

4. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Uh oh Mara is on the scene! I have a bad feeling about this! It is a good thing that Luke and Leia are going to train as Jedi! Also is Vader genuine or is this some fiendish plot? :eek:

5. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Love the image of Palpatine reading his morning paper.

I wonder what his reaction will be when he learns why Vader ordered the Death Star to cease fire. I suspect he won't be in one of his good moods.

Oh, Vader appears to be genuine. If Palpatine learned what he was planning, he'd be dead.

6. Tribun

Jun 20, 2003
    Starsailor 721>I found it kind of funny that the Emperor reads the daily news. You explained his reasoning really well though. I am very glad Mara will be in this story and look forward to her interaction with all the other characters

Well, even a Emperor needs to read the news. :)

Dally>And I like the media's take on the non-destruction of Alderaan, that the Empire had shown mercy. That's the way those in power play politics. I thought it was a good chapter.

Since the Emperor was/is politcan, I thought that he wouldn't be so stupid to not take advantage of that.

Sara_Kenobi>I just found your story and it's just amazing. Very well-written. Just wonderful!

Thanks! I hope you will continue to read it!

Ana_Labris>Mara - why don't I have a bad feeling about her this time?

You have a good force foresight.... :D

Solo_Fan>With Mara Jade now in the picture, I guess we will soon find out just how much allegiance she has to the Emperor. I think that when she discovers the truth of the situation, the Skywalker family just might be able to convince her to switch to their side. Since this is an AU, anything can happen.

That is the good thing in AU's. Wait how Mara's story will evolve... There wil be some surprises!

VaderyFan2002>Palpy seeing the point in mercy over mass destruction?
    What was in the caf he drunk with his morning paper?

Well, he is not stupid, and will use every atvantage. But don't fear, you sill real mass destruction on Palpy's orders later, but with a very clever tactic to make the people feel, that it is right.

TorontoJediMaster>Love the image of Palpatine reading his morning paper.
    I wonder what his reaction will be when he learns why Vader ordered the Death Star to cease fire. I suspect he won't be in one of his good moods.
    Oh, Vader appears to be genuine. If Palpatine learned what he was planning, he'd be dead.

Seems I had a good idea with him reading his newspaper, eh? It was, because most of us simply can't imagine him doing such everyday tasks. A problem in think with all dictators.
    And sure, Vader will do everything, to cover his tracks.

Anyway, here the newest Chapter!
    Now I will drop the big bomb, and I bet you will write me about that (And I would love much feedback).

Chapter XIV

"Confirmed, Millenium Falcon, security code accepted. Welcome back, princess Leia!" then the comm went silent. After hours of hyperspace, they had reached Yavin, only to be asked for the security code. Thankfully Leia still remembered it and without problems they landed in front of the massive hangar gate that led into an old temple. From there, repulsorcarts brought them to the entrance to command centre. Dodonna already waited there.

[image=http://massassi.yavin4.com/sw_img/e4javi4.jpg]

"Thank the Force! We thought you were taken to Coruscant as a prisoner!" he greeted Leia. Then he noticed the others. The Wookie and the man in pilot?s uniform were strangers, as was the blonde young man. But the man in the Jedi robe was a different matter for one who had fought in the Clone Wars. Padmè was not in his line of sight.

"General Kenobi! It is so good, to see you here. So the princess had found you in the end...or maybe you found her."

"Yes....it was a bit of struggle, but all went well in the end." He turned to the strangers. "These are Captain Han Solo and his co-pilot Chewbacca. They need to get paid, or it will be a life or death matter for him."

"That will be no problem!" Dodonna said then turned to Han. "Captain Solo, we can't simply electronically transfer it, and cash could be traced. Can you accept precious metals?"

"Of course! Jabba isn't picky when it?s about payment. Precious metals work for me." Han wasted no more words.

Obi-Wan continued "This is one of my two padawan learners, Luke Skywalker." Obi-Wan pointed towards Luke, who was uncomfortable at such attention f

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Oh boy, not good. It will be hard to blow the D.S. without plans. This isn't looking good for the rebellion.

8. Marsa

Marsa Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2004
    the plans are now useless data-junk!

(in the words of our illustrious princess) WHAT!!!

How could you? Now what are they gonna do? Who will save the day? Vader? Mara? Artoo?

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!

But great post, ~M

9. starsailor721

starsailor721 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2004
    :eek: The death star plans are useless?!?!?! That is certainly going to change the battle of Yavin. What a great post and cliff hanger.

10. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great post, but then I had insider information, LOL! Can't wait to see where this is going to go, can you?

11. JalendaviLady

JalendaviLady Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Hmm.... 85% of the plans are worthless, but which 85%? It's a mighty big battlestation... They should still analyze what dara they have. If the Force is with them and the damage is aligned in just the right way...

More?

12. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It is nice to see that not even the Star Wars galaxy is free of computer problems and malfunctions. I guess Luke will really have to use the Force now to blow up the Death Star. Or perhaps, Darth Vader will slip his family some inside information. Will Han even be needed for a last minute rescue this time? Will Vader stop the Death Star just because he knows Padme is with the Rebels? Can't wait to find out what happens.

13. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Uuppps. Now what?

You never liked the thought of the DS being destroyed by the Rebellion, did you?

Vadey

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    They learned the Empire was coming, interesting seeing that upfront.

I liked that Padme was like a person stepping out of their history books for them. That would be interesting in discovering her alive, even for others besides her family.

A very exciting post. I'd like to know what Han was thinking upon learning about the beacon. :D

15. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    The Death Star's coming, the plans are useless.. cr@p! Evil cliffies, evil!

16. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Wow :eek:

Good post.. but now I want the next one!

17. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Oh no! The Empire outsmarted them. Looking forward to more.

18. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    The plans are useless? :eek: What happens now? If the Death Star is on the way, will they have time to escape or will Vader be able to help? Looking forward to finding out!

19. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    oh man it looks like a turn for the worse........or maybe not?

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Tribun has cooked up for us!

20. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Hmmmm.

Sounds like a problematic situation.

My guess is that Vader will have to step in somehow.

He'd transmit -telepathically via the Force- the weakness in the Death Star to Padme.

He would never stand back and let his family be destroyed. He couldn't prevent the Death Star from firing on Yavin IV, as the base is a military target. The only way to save Padme, Luke and Leia would be to have the Death Star destroyed.

As a bonus, he could get rid of Tarkin. In addition, he could see the Death Star (which he doesn't seem to like very much to begin) elininated.

Of course, it means he'd likely have to speed up his plans to "resign" from Palpatine's service. It wouldn't take Palpatine too long before he found out who was on Alderaan, and thus, the reason Vader ordered firing aborted.

21. Tribun

Jun 20, 2003
    Sorry if I can't answer to all of you, but it would make the post far too long otherwise.

Starsailor721>The death star plans are useless?!?!?! That is certainly going to change the battle of Yavin. What a great post and cliff hanger.

Yep, meaning no battle of Yavin, because they now have no clue how to destroy that thing.

JalendaviLady>Hmm.... 85% of the plans are worthless, but which 85%? It's a mighty big battlestation... They should still analyze what dara they have. If the Force is with them and the damage is aligned in just the right way...

Sorry to disappoint you, but with such a big machine, the connections between the systems are not longer understandable with such a great data-loss. So the plans are ready for the trash bin.

Solo_Fan>It is nice to see that not even the Star Wars galaxy is free of computer problems and malfunctions. I guess Luke will really have to use the Force now to blow up the Death Star. Or perhaps, Darth Vader will slip his family some inside information. Will Han even be needed for a last minute rescue this time? Will Vader stop the Death Star just because he knows Padme is with the Rebels? Can't wait to find out what happens.

This will all be answered here.....

Vadery_Fan2002>You never liked the thought of the DS being destroyed by the Rebellion, did you?

Exacto. Let's see how the Rebels mange to do when the **** hits the fan. :D

Sara_Kenobi>A very exciting post. I'd like to know what Han was thinking upon learning about the beacon.

Sorry, bur this I hadn't written, but I think his reaction should be clear anyway.

Jedi_Liz>oh man it looks like a turn for the worse........or maybe not? I guess we'll just have to wait and see what Tribun has cooked up for us!

Yes, the **** hits the fan big time. Oh, and before I forget, there will be now more Mara in the story. :)

TorontJediMaster>Good theories from you. Read my post, to see what really happens.

Chapter XV

When Mara left hyperspace, the Death Star was nowhere in sight. It had already departed the system. Landing on the central spaceport of the capitol, she accessed the military computers with her priority code from the Emperor to search for where to go next. The air-control data finally brought a result. Vader had personally flown a shuttle down into the capitol, landing in the back of a house block.

Locking her ship, she used public transportation, to get to that part of the city. There, she would hopefully find more parts to this puzzle. Vader did something, that much is clear. He searched for something here. Maybe this is what I need to finally prove myself as Vader's equal, so my master will teach me more of these powers!

Finally the airbus arrived at the right station, and she went a short way to investigate. Apart from the occasional stormtrooper at the street corner, all was back to normal, as if nothing had happened. Finally she reached the garden of the house block where Vader had landed. It was not hard to find the exact landing place, because the grass was totally ruined where the shuttle had landed.

Questioning the neighbors with a power her master had taught her, and then making them forget, brought some results. Vader had entered the house, and had left minutes later, seen carrying a woman who lived in apartment number six on floor 3.

Visiting the apartment itself was unproductive. All data was erased, and the medium-sized suitcase on the bed had only few, standard everyday clothes for a female. Otherwise, the room was a dead end. Taking fingerprints from the keys of the computer, she left to return to her ship. With her special code, she would have no problem in getting out the location of the Death Star. And the fingerprint would be analyzed.

"Let's see who is smarter, Vader!"

22. VadeyFan2002

Sep 30, 2002
    Next question. Are the data about Amidala still accessable or were they deleted with a lot of other data about Naboo, the Jedi and other person from that time aera?

Asked in an other way, will Mara meet a dead end or is Vader in danger as soon as Palpy learns that his wife is still alive.

Vadey

23. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Poor Yavin! But at least Han and Company got out! Right? *gives best glare to author*

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    At least everybody got away. I wonder if Mara will get a match on the prints. Nice to see Han deciding to stay with the Rebels after he pays Jabba.

25. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Good post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.