main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Ani/Ami Databank Summer Challenge Thread - Dec/Jan Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ani_and_Ami_index, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    :_| Oh, I loved it, but it was still sad that they only had a day (or so)... I'm glad that he was able to come home, though. Poor Anakin and Padme.

jazz

2. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Though Anakin and Padme's time together are few...at least he
    made time to be with his wife for their anniversary. [face_love] [face_love]

3. ladylaurel18

ladylaurel18 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 12, 2005
    awwww. [:D]

Yay for sneaky Anakin... I'm getting all sorts of warm fuzzies. Nice job, VaderLVR.

[face_love] [face_l[face_love] ove]

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Anakins_Force Thanks! And now I expect to see something from YOU for this challenge! o_O

Jazz_Skywalker But at least they had a BIT of time together! ;)

JediArym He was a good husband to do that. [face_love]

ladylaurel18 Sneaky, HOT Anakin! =P~

Thanks for reading, and I want to see more entries for this challenge RIGHT NOW! That's an order! Please? [face_praying]

5. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Title: Dreams Do Come True
    Author: Daenarrah
    Characters: Anakin, Padme'
    Summary: Anakin and Padme' have hopes of spending their first anniversary together
    Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters, Lucas does.
    Author's Notes: I did it. I wrote something. Here's my response to the Dec/Jan challenge. I want to thank VaderLVR for looking over this for me.

~~~~~~~~

This wasn?t how it was supposed to be.

Their first anniversary was coming up -- just two days away -- and Anakin was supposed to be there with her celebrating such a wonderful event. He was supposed to come through the apartment door with a bouquet of flowers and sweep her into his arms, catching her lips in a passionate kiss. Then they?d have a sumptuous meal together, after which they?d retire to their bedroom for their own special catering of dessert and show their undying devotion to each other.

Yes, that was exactly how their first anniversary was supposed to go. Padme? had dreamed about it ever since the day she and Anakin were married. But she knew it was just that, a dream. Anakin wasn?t going to come through the apartment door, they weren?t going to be spending the night making love. With Anakin somewhere fighting for the Republic Padme? knew she?d be lucky if she got any kind of communication from him.

No, Padme? wouldn?t be spending her first anniversary with her husband. She?d be spending it home alone with only C-3PO and R2-D2 to keep her company.

Padme? rolled her eyes at the idea and let out a very unlady-like groan of disgust. R2 was never a problem and usually neither was 3PO. As much as she appreciated having the protocol droid around there were times, however, she found him to be completely and utterly annoying. She vowed the day of her wedding anniversary was not going to be one of those times. She?d shut him down rather then hear him give his condolences for ?Master Anakin? not being home.

She had decided, as much as she didn?t want to, she was going to spend her first anniversary alone. She?d light a solitary candle for the two them that night and let it burn, hoping Anakin would somehow be able to see it so far away and know, if only in his heart, she was thinking of him.

Padme? was pulled from her solemn thoughts when a transmission came through on her holo comm. Frowning, she almost didn?t answer it. She wasn?t in the mood to talk to anybody at that moment. Knowing it was best that she did, however -- it could have been a message from someone in the Senate or maybe even her parents -- Padme? accepted it, wondering who was contacting her.

A gasp of surprise and joy escaped past her lips when she saw the image of Anakin before her. ?Anakin,? she managed to get out, her hand covering her mouth to stifle the sob that wanted to break free.

?Don?t cry, Padme?,? he said giving her a warm and understanding smile. ?Or you?ll make me cry too and how will I explain it to Obi-Wan.?

Nodding and regaining her composure, Padme? smiled at the image of him. ?I?m sorry, Ani.? She took a calming breath. ?I just miss you so much.?

?I know, and I miss you too.?

?It?s not fair,? she started, sounding an awful lot like Anakin that day in her bedroom right after he came back into her life. She didn?t care though. ?Our first anniversary is two days away and I want to spend it with you. I had hoped you?d be back here on Coruscant, not out there somewhere. I don?t even know what part of the galaxy you?re in.?

?I know,? was all he said.

?Is it so wrong to want to spend my wedding anniversary with my husband?? she asked.

Knowing it was a rhetorical question, Anakin still answered. ?No, it?s not wrong at all.?

Giving him a smile that made her eyes dance with a bit of mischief, Padme? asked. ?Isn?t it at all possible to put the war on hold for a few days? Just until after our anniversary??

Anakin laughed at this, the smile that Padme? so loved covering his face. ?I don?t know. Let me talk to the commanding forces that be and see what I can do. Maybe I can arrange for th

6. jerseyhartnett

jerseyhartnett Jedi Youngling

Dec 16, 2005
    that was great!

so sweet and romantic i loved it! [face_love]

7. Daenarrah

Nov 12, 2005
    Thank you jerseyhartnett. I'm glad you liked it. I enjoyed writing it.

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was just lovely, Daenarrah! =D=

9. Daenarrah

Nov 12, 2005
    Thank you, VaderLVR. I'm glad you like it.

I just noticed this after I reposted Dreams Do Come True to the board too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.