main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Animated Character Draft (Champion = Chim)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I get that you don't like her, no one does, besides me. But that doesn't change the facts.

This draft is probably going to be neutered next time around anyway, might as well take out the cool characters.

2. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Keep her in??? Have you any idea how high a number rating she's got? The only person who may be higher is Thor, excluding Strange and Onslaught

3. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I think I know how he plans on doing it, but we will see like he said.

I have to wi--I mean this draft has to end first though. :p

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    It's a close battle. Aku just doesn't know how to fight, that's what made it for me. Itachi could dang near beat that whole team, but it wouldn't make a difference when Nono destroys the world...

I'm kinda surprised no one has come in here and agreed. The biggest Aku supporter has voted Chim. Although I'd love for someone to come in and... Stick it to Nono

5. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    If we are going on 'unclear powers' then a lot of these guys might be getting cut down.

Itachi beat my whole team? You must be dreaming. You mean Alucard, right?

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Given the right circumstances, such as a bunch of little battles going on, Itachi could just run around getting people stuck in tsukiyomi. He'd prolly run out before they were all defeated but... It would only lead to Nono blowing everyone up anyway.

Yeah, if Alucard was on this team instead of Aku that would be VERY hardcore

7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I think even if there is a limit to her powers she is still that girl. I mean say we cap her off so she can't blow the planet up, she can still have the BUSTA BEAM but just can't resort to slicing the whole planet in half. If that were the case then the other team has a chance in the end. With how it is now none of my team should ever die in teams, at least most can survive in space, so they could just fly up there and let her do her slice-n-dice thing everytime. No question.

She has the leg lasers, black hole manipulation, buster beam, her entire space monster based buster corps, etc... What's stopping her from just warping the entire other team out into space? Or into the sun?

Also, you're up again Yak.

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Get Down! War Room, Six Hours Until Fight

The door slid open with a sharp hiss as the others turned to see Haman Karn standing there, obviously having finished supervising her secondary duty for the team.

"I trust you bring good news?" Aion spoke, breaking the silence.

Haman just grinned as she began. "Gentlemen, when you last saw her she was but a scared, psychotic, schizophrenic, shell of her true potential. However, we at Axis have methods far superior to the brutal methods of the Titans. I present to you, Rosammia Bidan reborn." She then stepped to the side as Rosammia entered, her long flowing hair now cut short so as to allow her head to fit tighter into her helmet. She was wearing a new flight suit and had an eerie confidence to her.

As she stepped forward, Rosammia took a knee in front of them all. "I shall do everything in my power to annihilate all that oppose us, especially those who oppose Lady Haman." she stated. The others were astonished at this turn of events. How could this be the same Rosammia that had been too afraid the leave the Psyco's cockpit just ten hours earlier? She was now abundantly confident, had an air of refined skill to her that even the non-AI in the room could discern, and her eye carried within it a ruthless spark that sent shivers down even Aion's spine.

Battle begins.

Both sides squared off, each having a battle plan to take down the most important members of the opposing team. Naruto and Shikamaru had made it very pressing that no one underestimate the power of Itachi and Kisame, the two S-ranked criminals on the opposing team and the people out to capture Naruto's nine-tailed demon fox.

"Try to focus yourself, if you realize you're caught in an illusion. And then try to dispel it by forcing that focus out from your body." Naruto had told them. He knew it was easier said than done, having already had it fail once against the master of illusion. Nono was told to hold back and try to engage with Aku because if she started blasting away from the start she risked taking her own teammates with her. No, Shikamaru figured Aku would be the enemy's best chance to go after Nono, given the information that he had on them. So it would be partly their jobs to isolate him first.

The battle began with a flash as Freedom and Justice roared out front with their METEOR units glistening in what light there was. Kira hadn't noticed, however, that Haman had released a single bit behind him. His scanners picked it up, but before he could react it simply flew past him. A second later an explosion rocked Freedom but did no damage due to the phase shift armor on it. However, it was all the opening that Haman needed as she flew up quickly, slicing into the Freedom's METEOR, disabling it and forcing Kira to abandon it. Athrun, worried about his friend, didn't see the other four bits behind him as they fired into the chest of Justice. An explosion rocked the sky, Athrun didn't even know what had hit him.

Megatron and Shockwave took this new advantage in the skies to heart as they began to head towards Kira and try to outnumber them. However, this was short lived as Ryuhou flew off of Kagatsuchi, a method Shockwave had only given a .01% chance of being used by the other team, to gain momentum on them. With a ferocious attack, Ryuhou already had one of Megatron's arms sliced clean off. "Get him, Shockwave!" Megatron screamed as he himself focused on Mai, but too late as Kagatsuchi let off a massive blast that took out the decepticon leader.

On the ground, however, it was a much different battle. The two teams had began relatively small, however it was soon a ground covered in water as Kisame used a jutsu to turn the ground into a giant massive, dark, lake. A dark dark dark lake.

"Yo, Aion, go ahead and support the sky." Kisame suggested as he noticed Megatron's demise. "We have everything in check here."

Aion did as told but not before Byakuya decided to follow. However, the lake suddenly grew a massive gigantic hand that pulled Byakuya out of the air. Byakuya

9. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    That's the best all draft BaSSiL! I really enjoyed the theater not to mention the win. :D Gotta love him, Byakuya, I know I do.

Raised my brow a few times, but in the end it doesn't matter. A win is a win.

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I haven't read the theatres yet (I look forward to doing that, though), but it looks like Chimmy has made himself a winner. Congratulations, sir.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    I don't like Byakuya, only his name. Nonetheless it's official, and I don't think we have to look far to find the MVP... Now to think about my 1st pick next time... As I've been for a few weeks now.

12. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Very nicely done Bassil. Can't believe Nono died. :p

Congrats Chim.

13. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    If she didn't have the ability to teleport away from Karasu's follow up explosion, I would've given the fight to Get Down!.

14. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Very nice theatres, Yak and Bart. Nice way to end the draft. =D=

And congratulations on being the first champion, Chim.

15. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I didn't get these parts though...

Itachi was far too fast for Aku, though, and was gaining the upper hand.

and

Ripping Itachi to shreds as Aku hit him hard

Typos, or are those something to do with the illusions?

Also, at the beginning, what was the story with the new, 'reborn', Rosamia? Did Haman train her or something during those first few hours?

16. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Thanks guys, and thanks Dom. We had a good match, I had a good time against you are your boys. An all out battle was definitely the appropriate way to end the draft too. Feels good to be a poor kid, from small town Japan, that doesn't know a thing about Anime to come out here and dominate.

Now that I've won, and not to mention had the perfect season, I feel it necessary that each and everyone of you haters out there apologize to Nono and kiss the MVP's Championship Ring.

I also think a round of applause is long over due for our three Judges and Commissioner. They put a lot of hard work and research into this draft, great job guys. Thanks for everything, I had a blast!

EDIT: Yeah those were the parts I raised a brow at too Zizz. I thought they were on the same team, or something. And I think Rosamia's training was more like brainwashing. She was sent on a suicide mission to accomplish one thing, which she failed.

17. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Yeah, thanks for setting it up EF and thanks for taking the time judges. It was fun.

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    The first part was the fact that Axis Cyber-Newtype tech >>>>>>>>>> Titan Cyber-Newtype tech. Axis Cyber Newtypes aren't unstable and volatile as Titan Cyber-Newtypes are. They are give a focus point that calms them and allows them to focus as regular Newtypes. Haman has access to the tech that could "upgrade" Rosammia from the poor psychotic cyber-newtype she was to a ferocious, willing to do anything cyber-newtype from Axis. And she succeeded, Chim. She did kill Nono. It was Nono's last effort that got Aku and Haman. Otherwise, the upgrade worked. As did the plan to have the Psyco release its head and everything.

Also, I fixed for that one typo: Should be Byakuya gaining the upper hand on Aku. And the other part I clarified, as Byakuya's senbon zakura rising from the ground and ripping into Itachi, but then Aku finally getting a good hit in and sending Byakuya flying.

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Soon... You will suffer death at my hands! HAHAHAHAHA

I ain't apologizin to nobody! I ain't kissin nothin! WHOO BABY LETS GO!

My awards up probably tomorrow.

20. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah, no she failed BaSSiL. I win'd. Had she actually accomplished killing Nono with her suicide blast, Nono wouldn't have been able to do anything that she did (IE win the match) after being wounded. Therefore, yeah she failed. Gosh, you're the author shouldn't you know these things? :p

So what's in the works to discuss for next time? I assume that the 'unclear power' people and the planet killers will be cut? Unless the plan is to just add more in. That's always a plus....[face_thinking]

21. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Who to take out/put in.

BATTLEFIELDS!

22. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    You think battlefields are working pretty well over in comics, Yak?

23. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah, I am loving them in comics. It does add a nice twist to things. They can really change the tide of a battle. That's both good and bad though, because then we get into '...so-and-so wins because of the terrain...' and away from just pitting the skills and powers of the characters against the eachother.

Will be hard to figure those out for the Gundams, unless they are just really open, generic areas.

24. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Well, congratulations to the Chim. A well put together team. I do like to see someone win based on their team.

Anyway you should be getting colors shortly. I hope you enjoy them.

As for everyone else(Everyone else, that is, who didn't bail on us), you all did a great job for a first draft. A lot of good teams that didn't make it. I hope to see you all in the next one.

Right now, we need to start talking about the next one.

There is one special drafting option that the judges and I tossed around that I would like to talk about, but I don't have time right now. We'll discuss that tomorrow. In the meantime, we can talk about adds and drops.

I was leaning heavily towards boosting this draft's power, instead of hindering it. Nono may have been the top choice this time, but she's definitely not the most powerful being in all of animation. I want to give her some competition, mainly because I don't want to have to cut her. So, if you have any suggestions, let's hear them.

25. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Gunbuster and Dix Neuf, for starters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.