main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Animated Character Draft (Champion = Chim)

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by EmpireForever, Feb 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Luigi; do you remember that PM prediction I sent you before the draft started? [face_cowboy]

2. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'd have to look. So no. I'm afraid I do not.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    *hugs EF* I don't want to see her cut either, she is a cool character. Plus it will be nice to see Yak start the hate list in this draft so early.

As for additions to rival some of the power level that Nono shows, add some Dragon Ball Z guys in there. I was surprised that they weren't here this time. And as I understand it Nono was a mistake, she was left on the list after much of the other planet killers had been stripped off of it, she was just overlooked. Good thing too.

Not to hate on certain characters, and there GM should be obvious but what are the plans for some of the more 'unclear' characters like Yak said? Aku? I mean I still don't get his powers and the draft is over now. Maybe think about putting a rule on Galaxia, the whole soul star thing kinda got carried away there in the middle of the draft. We should put a rule down for judging her I think. Alucard seems like he is missing something. Maybe it is just to me but I think he has an unclear set of powers. Other than healing of course, we get that.

4. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    I knew this would get to DBZ eventually...

I'll explain why this is the best solution tomorrow prolly
    [image=http://www.mankus.com/images/Scissors.jpg]

5. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I think that if you watch some Alucard you know what his powers are.

DBZ was discussed. Probably Super Saiyan(Or Namek Saga) level would be the limit though.

And, from what I know, Aku can do some major shapeshifting, and has a high level of durability. That's about all I've ever seen from him. Not too undefined.

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Ooooh, I can see forever in that picture. Oh no! YAK IS CUTTING FOREVER!

7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah I watched plenty of Alucard, still don't get it. Can heal from anything, never be killed, all that happy fun stuff in the show yet he is still beat several times? I guess I just see the uber healing as a reason for winning to be a little cheap. I don't get his whole shadow thing really. Eh, whatever just my opinion. Leave it.

I was thinking the same for DBZ guys and their level/saga. Though they don't have to be added, it just seems to be a pretty large Anime at the time. Not seeing them there in the first place surprised me, we did have a couple but not too many.

That's it on Aku? Can't be. I mean that was giving my team fits in the theater? Ok then, so not too undefined just kinda not that great? I understand.

EDIT: Where is forever in that picture BaSSiL? You mean Empire Forever? I don't see it. Where is forever?

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    It's a joke. As if that pic is actually the sky, therefore containing "forever". "Ooooh, it's like I can see forever..."

And then Yak's scissors are cutting the picture. Cutting forever.

9. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah mine was too.

Who else we adding there big guy?

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm going to have my single additions list ready tomorrow.

Hopefully by then, EF will introduce what was also discussed.

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Awesome theatre, BaSSiL. [face_peace]

EF never actually told me to give the winner his colours. :(

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    But I am the winner and I have colors. I enjoy the title as well, very appropriate. That or 'NONOFTCHAMPIONSHIP!1!!' is pretty perfect. So thanks for that EF and Tyi, and also the thread title change. I think we need a special icon for this draft, unless there is one and I missed it?

On a different note, not to make everyone get all angry because BLEACH!?!, but I think we definitely need to add Tōshirō Hitsugaya Captain of the 10th division. He has some really awesome Ice powers, very powerful little dude. I was disappointed after I started watching the show to see that he wasn't on the list. He is one of the better Captains and was looked over sadly.

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    The only draft icons I've seen are those recent Jedi Draft/Judge/Trump Buster ones. But you make a good point; we could definitely work in an icon for each draft if somebody came up with one.

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I've got it-- I'll make a Nono one!

15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Get some colours on, champ.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    At one point in time, there were icons available to winners of the Video Game and Comic Book Drafts. I dunno what happened to them, though.

17. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    Bassil's icon works.

OR the Han one I used to have.

18. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah but I want an Anime specific one, one for this draft.

I am trying to get colors Tyi, I really am but I haven't gotten my Admin password reset yet. And now it is time for work. :(

19. EmpireForever

Mar 15, 2004
    I hate getting game colors. Just when you get used to them they dissapear.

Anyway, I would love some icons, but I don't make them. Maybe if anyone that plays does, they could.

20. crash_slayer

crash_slayer Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 13, 2005
    Congrats Chimy-chonga!

21. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Not my full list, but a brief rundown of additions to some existing categories and one completely new "category". Also, some of my other additions will be revealed and some changes to this, probably, after EF introduces some of the things discussed.

Mecha:

Gunbuster
    Dix Neuf
    Ple 2/ Quin Mantha, Psyco Gundam Mk. II/ Qubeley Mk. II
    Elpeo Ple/ Qubeley Mk. II
    Mashymere Cello/ Hamma Hamma (tentative given mobile suit)
    Chara Soon/ R-Jarja (tentative given mobile suit)
    Glemy Toto/ Dreissen (tentative given mobile suit)

Naruto:
    Sai
    Yamato

Bleach:

Toshiro Hitsugaya
    Matsumoto Rangiku
    Izuru Kira
    Momo Hinamori
    Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryuusai - up for debate, as we haven't seen much from him.
    Ulquiorra Schiffer
    Luppi
    Aaroniero Arleri
    Yammy
    Dordonii Alessandro Del Socacchio
    Cirucci Thunderwitch
    Gantenbein Mosqueda
    Shawlong Qufang
    Edorad Leones
    Ilfort Grantz
    Ururu Tsumugiya, Jinta Hanakari, & Tessai Tsukabishi

My-Otome:

Arika Yumemiya
    Nina Wang
    Tomoe Marguerite
    Akane Soir
    Shiho Huit
    Juliet Nao Zhang
    Natsuki Kruger
    Shizuru Viola
    Sara Gallagher
    Mahya Blythe
    Haruka Armitage
    Mai Tokiha (Otome version)
    Midori
    Rad
    Lumen
    Gal
    Dyne
    Mikoto the Cat Goddess

Read or Die:

Michelle Chang
    Maggie Mui
    Anita King
    Junior
    Sonny Wong

Ruroni Kenshin:

Makimachi Misao
    Shinomori Aoshi
    Saitō Hajime
    Shishio Makoto
    Seta Sōjirō
    Sadojima Hōji

Yu Yu Hakusho:

Shinobu Sensui
    Yaminade no Itsuki
    Yomi
    Mukuro
    Raizen
    Shura

22. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    What's the story with adding more mainstream movie/TV characters? I realize The Incredibles characters are currently in the other draft, but don't they sort of belong in this one? Along the same lines of Jafar, Malificent, and Stitch? There are certainly a bunch of different Disney characters that could be added. And I'd actually know them. :p

23. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Congratulations!! Next time, don't forget your password :p

24. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Well the Lone Dissenting Ranger rides in alone on his horse to face the powers of added characters. This is why he'd rather delete than add.

1. Top power problems
    Whenever you start adding people to cushion that 1 or 2 people who are already too powerful, you usually come out of that list with 1 or 2 people who are still way too powerful. Just look at Comics right now. Added some people, and that was good. But too much at the top. Now Strange is too powerful, Takion I have to say is too powerful, and Onslaught's too powerful but no one seems to realize it. Probably the same thing will happen here, with a couple of these add-ins being revealed as way stronger than anyone else. Or Nono might just remain too powerful.

2. Low power problems
    Man, as if the lower-tier guys weren't worthless enough. Now we add another round or 2 of high-power, and there are just so many lower picks that probably shouldn't be on the draft board. I was gonna recommend streamlining some of the shows to get rid of the absolutely worthless people. That list is HUGE already.

3. More Low Power Problems
    If some of these characters really are comparable to Nono, what does that mean for even alot of the good lower-powered picks? They're worthless. Almost don't matter. If Galactus and The In-Betweener fight, I gaurantee the winner of that won't care if the Fantastic 4 is still around. Even if some of these ridiculous entities are severely weakened, it'll take pretty much picks 3-10 just to finish one of them off, assuming good drafting by most people. Pretty much would make like, after round 5, not very important at all if you draft well the first few rounds.

So yeah, that's why

I SAY[image=http://recycling.stanford.edu/images/dropoff/no.gif]

25. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Numbers 2 and 3 are the reasons I had in mind for deleting rather than adding. It just doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense to add people who can destroy universes, because after those select few, the rest of the picks just won't matter. We have a planet sized android capable of moving at light speed, teleporting, and blowing up planets with ray guns. Who's going to stop that? A super trump of Galaxia, 4 Gundams, and Captain Planet? Probably not, no. And it's the same with Goku and any other super characters who could be added. It's just not going to work well, because they can obliterate entire [good] teams with ease. It comes down to who has the better unstopppable force, and then drafting becomes irrelevant.

That's my position on it. Basically the same as Yak's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.