main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx The Animatrix has you; follow the Grand Admiral.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    I picked up my DVD copy of the Animatrix today and finished watching all nine episodes earlier this evening. The short version: this kicks major ass. The shorter version: buy it.

Like Reloaded this does a lot to add to the Matrix universe and history, and adds a lot to Reloaded by filling in some of the gaps like "what's up with that kid who's always following Neo around?". Each episode has a different style of animation - some are very realistic and some are very stylistic - and all of them are well done. The voice acting is well done overall with a few cameos by Neo and Trinity.

My favorite episode so far has to be "Final Flight of the Osiris" followed closely by "Detective Story" and "Beyond".

I haven't had a chance to watch any of the extra features, but it looks like there's quite a bit of extra material included including interviews with some or all of the big-name anime talend involved in the project.

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    definately want to check that out...

hey, if i don't have a copy by the animé party you should bring it...

3. DarthFeldman

DarthFeldman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    yeah its cool.. and i dont like much animation stuff..

4. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    I bought this the day it came out and like the Grand Admiral, watched it immediately and I join him in saying...

YOU MUST GET THIS!!!!! We bought the DVD with the CD of the soundtrack and they BOTH kick HARDCORE!!!!

Very cool, very good.

I was skeptical when I bought it, but I was pleasantly surprised and entirely enthralled.

Can't say enough about it.

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Which ones did you like the best, Wench?

6. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ohhh...that is so hard I really was blown away by the collection of them.

My absolute favorite was "Final Flight of the Osiris" but I also really liked "Program", "Beyond", and "A Detective Story" and the "Second Renaissance Part I and II".

I was absolutely stunned by the variety of animation styles and by the way so much more was explained.

Another really cool addition to the Matrix universe is the game "Enter The Matrix". My husband got that for his Playstation 2 and it is freakin' AWESOME!!!! It tells you so much more about the movie, things you never knew and the gameplay RULES! It's set up as a first-person shooter, but you get to do real Matrix-moves and see things in Matrix-motion.

The Matrix is awesome! Especially when you learn the extra stuff from Animatrix and Enter The Matrix.

7. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    DOOOOHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I forgot to get mine today!!!! Must...get it...when I wake up!

8. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    I just saw the Animatrix last night. OMG it freakin RULES!

9. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    yea i just picked up my copy, with the soundtrack too... :D

10. P2Gambit

P2Gambit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2002
    Detective Story > All Others

I really liked how his cat's name was Dana. :)

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    The soundtrack is good...it makes me drive too fast though...no speeding ticket Wenchy...BAAAADDDD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.