main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Animorphs (free sci-fi series)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by john23854, Jul 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john23854

john23854 Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2010
    Has anyone heard of The Animorphs series, anyone used to read them?

In the Animorphs series, Earth is being invaded by an alien species called Yeerks. In their natural state they are helpless gray slugs, but they have the ability to take total control of any organism by crawling into its brain. They have already enslaved many species and humanity is next. Someone who has been enslaved by a Yeerk will act, look, walk, talk, and feel normal, but in a little corner of his mind he will be crying, screaming for mercy, but completely unable to move even one muscle. 5 kids have been given the power to morph, to temporarily turn into any animal they have touched, and are the only thing that stands between humanity and total enslavement.

I found this series for free here: http://theanimorphs.wordpress.com/

Check it out and tell me what you think of it.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I remember the Animorphs! They were popular when I was young, but I never read them.

3. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Indeed they were popular, and I was a fanboy.:p

I still take pride in the fact that I've read every single one, both in the main series and the offshoots. I've never gotten rid of my old books, but I only owned like a third of them. The others I borrowed from others. Because of this site, I can reminisce by reading the whole thing again. Not like I have much else to do in late July.:p:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.