main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The Animorphs Thread!

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Andalite-Bandit, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    That's kind of what I didn't like about the ending of the series, too.

2. Andalite-Bandit

Andalite-Bandit Jedi Padawan star 6

Apr 25, 2005
    http://www.retrojunk.com/details_theme/284/

There's the intro to the tv show.

3. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Thanks. :)

4. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I always thought the jake and cassie romance wasweird. The rachel tobias one started out pretty weird but grew into this really touching thing. I think in reality, rachel and tobias would have always had that special bond, but jake and cassie's would have stayed a dumb kidcrush and then ended with them just being friends. But eh.

And i agree, there should have been an Axversus Visser1 duel. That could have been so cool, and Ax was a lot older and more battle trained.

5. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    Whatever happened to Marco's mum in the end? I remember that she had a Visser in her, didn't she?

Also, what happens to Tobias?

Sorry, I kinda never managed to finish reading the series.

6. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Marco's mother is rescued and she helps the Animorphs plan their final assault.

Tobias is very sad about Rachel's death in the last book and he flies away and doesn't have any contact with the other Animorphs for several years, until he learns that Ax needs their help.

7. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    They rendered all the fight scenes completely inane. What used to be a fierce battle to rescue or destroy a target turns into *Animorphs morph into battle morphs and cause a little bit a mischief and chaos. The animorphs runaway from each skirmish with their tails in between their legs. A single Yeerk is killed in an extremely contrived way.*

I just rediscovered this series a few days ago. The only trouble is, there isn't any new material coming out so I guess I'm writing my own ending.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2735515/1/

8. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I think Animorphs really could be a good tv show, they just have to aim towards an older audience so that they can get the battles done correctly. Oh well.

9. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Like if Sci-Fi had been able to make Animorphs into a show rather than Nick? I have to say, the budget would have been bigger. Better effects.

10. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    The Animorphs TV show was a big joke, not at all like the books.

I don't know if Sci-fi could have handled it well either, these books are sci fi but would they really fit in? I'll have to ponder it some more.

Oh does anyone know whatever happened to Tobias' mother? I know she had her memory erased, was blind, and they found her again--but I never found out what happens to her in the end after Tobias went AWOL (at the end of the series). Was she simply forgotten?

11. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I think that was one of the loose ends Applegate forgot to tie up in the last book.

Another one is the Yeerk Peace Movement, which was built up in the series for awhile but didn't appear in the final two books. I think they should have been utilized in Jakes final strategy. They deserved a mention, at least.

12. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I thought the last book could have been expanded, but it was fine the finished product was okay. It's been so long since I read it that I don't remember reading about the Yeerk Peace Movement...

I read last night that Animorphs is the third most successful childrens' series after Harry Potter and Goosebumps. Not too shabby.

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Yeerk Peace Movement: Movement of rebellion started by Aftran942 after her encounter with Cassie. They were Yeerks who had, for lack of better terming, "gone human" and decided to fight to end the war from the inside. Book #29: The Sickness, covered them somewhat.

Oh, and the Oatmeal was from #17. Seems the Yeerks were allergic to Instant Maple and Ginger flavored Oatmeal.

14. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    I am a fan of book 53, the one that builds right into the last book. It was interesting to finally see Jake snap after all of those years, and the Taxxons switching sides was a nice twist. I still think K.A. should have made the Yeerk Peace Movement a part of the final plan though. She had the Taxxons, the free Hork-Bajir, and the auxillary Animorphs, why not the peace movement! Oh well.

15. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Maybe after 54 regualar books, 4 megamorph books, 2 altermorphs books, 3 chronicle books and Visser, KA was just glad to end the series. Leaving out the Yeerk Peace Movement was probably just an oversight.

16. JaggedFel568

JaggedFel568 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2005
    I loved these books.

Just read the last one about a month ago.

Still tugs at the heartstrings.

17. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Overall, I like the ending to series, but I would've expanded it. Like, make book 54 be the first few days and weeks after the war, and book 55 be the one that took place years later. I think she could've gotten in a lot more character development that way.

18. Andalite-Bandit

Apr 25, 2005
    Maybe even ending the series on Megamorphs would have been a good idea. I mean the last book was in the multi-narrator format anyway.

Here's some neat stuff.

http://www.scholastic.com/animorphs/books/download.htm The AniBase. This is a downloadable database thing that has information on every Animorphs book. It's pretty neat!

http://www.scholastic.com/animorphs/games/quiz/index.asp An Animorph character quiz! It tells you which Animorph you are most like. I got Tobias! Yaaay.

19. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    I got...Rachel. Wow. I like her character (just not so much at the end), but I wasn't expecting that. Still, that's neat.

20. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I got... JAKE

You?re a responsible leader, like Jake. You?re good at thinking things through from every angle and using others for their strengths. Sometimes you doubt yourself and your abilities, but your sense of duty usually wins out and you see things through. Everyone likes and trusts you.

21. AzulSaber

AzulSaber Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    Huh. I got Jake too. Who would have thought? I would have thought I'd be Tobias...but I guess I'm more responsible than I thought, or something.

Great quiz, thanks for posting it!

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Strange... I got Cassie.

You?re an animal-loving mediator, like Cassie. Your life revolves around caring for and helping others, and you?re good at stepping in and smoothing things over when there are problems between your friends. You have very strong morals and the ability to sympathize with just about anyone. This makes you a good advisor for a leader like Jake.

But it sure does explain some things. :) Good quiz.

23. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I got Jake, too. That was a neat quiz.

24. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I wasn't expecting to get Jake, but now that i think about it, I really don't listen to people when they tell me to do something often :p

I would like to bring up how absurd it was that Marcos' mom was Visser one. it was ridiculous. Although i have to admit i loved her role in the series after she was released from her Yeerk. But i don't really see why she had to be VIsser 1, or why Visser One would chose such a "Weak body"

25. Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29

Obi-Wan_Skywalker_29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    What? I loved Visser one as Marco's mom. It made Marco's character 10 times more intersting. The reason she was in such a weak body was because she was the first yeerk to infest a human. She probably saw the body as a trophy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.