1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Gold Coast (21st-23rd April), Melbourne (28th-30th April)

Oz Comic Con: 2017

FF:VIC The Annual Star Walking Midnight to Dawn Dark Zone Event

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by lordvaderFF, Jul 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lordvaderFF Jedi Padawan

star 4

The annual midnight to dawn Dark Zone is on in Melbourne!

Date/ Time: Saturday 11.30pm 27th August to Sunday 7am August 28th.
    Venue: Dark Zone, 942 Whitehorse Road, Box Hill, Victoria.
    Cost: TBA
    Bookings: Please e-mail Peter at skyforce@starwalking.net for more information.
    Note: Children under 18, must get parent/guardian to sign permission form.
  2. lordvaderFF Jedi Padawan

star 4
    WOW...what a response.

You all missed a great night.
    Shot plenty of people, ate plenty of pizza, and drank lots of drinks.

Maybe next year?
  3. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    LV, not to diss Skywalking, but do you think you could organise some VicFF only events once in a while?
  4. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    Next year, want to make it a VicFF vs SAFF event ?

We'll organise a small group to come over for the weekend.
  5. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
  6. HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania

star 6
    Someone promote that man.

...Wait, that's my job. Meh, maybe later.
  7. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Bah. You can't promote me to anything, can you? Well... anything good, anyway! :p
  8. lordvaderFF Jedi Padawan

star 4
    YOu can have my job.

I QUIT!
  9. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    The Revolution cometh!

Time to arm the peasants!
  10. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Revolution? No!

LV? Quit? Uh-oh.
  11. lordvaderFF Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Yes Quit.

Ages ago I tried organising Games days, Movie Screening, Dark Zone outing and dinner, everytime it would be me and one or two other that turned up.
    So I concentrated on the events that everyone could take part in.

Big deal if it's a Star Walking Event or not, it's still an event, something to go to.

If all people want to do is get wasted every weekend, fine with me, but don't expect me to take part in the organisation of it. I dealt with one alcoholic when I was a child, I don't need to deal with more of them now.

So, yes.....I QUIT.
  12. evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling

star 7
    LordVader... come joineth us in the SAFF.....

you are MORE than WELCOME !
  13. lordvaderFF Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks Evil, at least someone cares.
    :_|
  14. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No stealing of our CR, or ex-CR, whichever way you look at it! :mad:

LV, seriously. You've been around longer than this incarnation of the FF forums. As far as I know, you've been the CR since before these forums. It'd be a crap way for you to go, all angry and disparaging. I'm not saying that things will get easier for your job and you shouldn't leave if you don't want to, but at least go out with style, rather than anger.

I really hope you still hang around, CR or not. VicFF would be much worse off without your presence.
  15. lordvaderFF Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Seriously, I knock myself out for the fans on a daily basis.

True, most of it is for Star Walking, but as Director of the club, it's kinda my job.

Everyday is spent working on ideas to get more for the fans or ideas to make things better for club members, so when I post here about events, get NO response, then get canned for trying to give people something to do....it hurts.

YES, I've been around a long time, and I was a MOD before I became CR (that was years ago) so it really hurts when efforts are ignored or unwelcome.

If all you want is to go to the local pub and get plastered, you can do that anyday, you don't need me to arrange that. The fact that Star Walking organises big events that most people wouldn't have a chance to do on their own.....and then includes everyone (members or not) should be welcomed, not shunned. Some of the forums don't get anything big to go to.

If you want to go bowling (although the last bowling day that was arranged no one turned up) or if you want to go to the movies (last screening that was organised no one from here went) then that's fine. But when I organise things, offer them here, get no response, no one turns up, you can imagine my drive to organise the next event is kinda lacking.

OK...so you might think the Star Walking events are "uncool" or filled with "nerds"....well, I'm a Star Wars NERD, and I'm proud of it. The fans I know have done more from me in my life than anyone else I know, and it is that fact that drive me to give back to people.

GIVE ME 20 DEDICATED NERDS OVER 20 "TOO COOL FOR THIS" PEOPLE ANY DAY!

16. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    LV, you've hardly been "canned" for posting events. It's not like we sit here and whenever you post a Star Walking event we ridicule you. It's just must of us aren't members of Star Walking so it is a bit hard to get exited about going to one of their events. As I said, earlier, I'm not dissing Star Walking. On the contrary, I'm sure it is a great organisation, and would be a great group of people to go out and enjoy myself with. It's just VicFF isn't Star Walking. It's VicFF. I know that you've said that you posted VicFF-only events "ages" ago (to use your terminology) but personally, since I've joined I can't remember any VicFF-only events being organised, except for the Ballarat Oddessey, which was organised by Kane.

Again, it isn't a question of being "too cool" for Star Walking, although I can't speak for everyone. We aren't members of Star Walking, LV. We're members of Fan Force.
  17. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    LV, I think maybe the thing with this forum (for the small time I've been here anyway) is that it probably would be a more social place outside of the boards if we bothered to post more often. I mean, yes some of the guys know each other already, so they hang out. And I've talked to you and the Tyrant on MSN way back when I had it (definitely 'ages' ago). I even tried a social drinking mixer thing, which I thought would work, but only I turned up as far as I know (not a big problem, I was with friends anyway). The Dark Zone event didn't appeal to me personally (I like the game, but buggered if I could stay up all night to play it) and as for some of the others...The movies would have been great, but I'm without transport and the people I know who drive don't like star wars, so that was a personal quandry. The Ballarat trip, well, sounded great but you know...strange country boys and cars and alcohol = cocktail of death :p

Star Walking stuff is all very well and good, I've heard good things about you guys and the events you hold. I don't think you guys are a bunch of mouthbreathing losers, so I don't 'shun' the events because I'm too cool for you guys. I don't go because while I like Star Wars a lot, the descriptions of the events you hold don't always appeal to me. That's not a direct assault on you or your group, it's just my opinion :)

I appreciate that you feel frustrated with the fact that no one from VicFF turns up to things, but I think that it's not your fault. Maybe we don't do anything as a fanforce because we're lazy, or because we have lives that interfere with a geekier pursuits. Don't take it personally. Don't leave because of a lack of response, saying that we're ungrateful or deliberatly being mean to you. Just think "Well, these guys suck, I won't bother telling them about events anymore" and don't take it as a personal attack - it's not meant to be (well, from my end anyway)

(On a side note, although I'd like to meet you all, I'm sure the chances of you all getting ICKY GIRL GERMS might be a slight deterrant. :p)

18. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The problem is that we *have* to have events every few months (I don't know the exact timeline) otherwise we become delisted as a fan force. Which is possible anyway, considering the lack of action this forum gets these days.
  19. PulsarSkate Ex-Mod

star 7
    Oh really?

I wonder why we haven't been shut down for at least six months then :p

mayeb having a JCC mod in our ranks HAS helped some [face_thinking]
  20. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I don't think anyone has to *go* to events for us to continue. :p
  21. Vivsta Jedi Youngling

Hang on let me get this straight... you guys are star wars fans and you're not interested in Starwalking? I'm sure Fan Force is all well and good but this is the oldest star wars club in the world and it's in Victoria... and I tell you what.. it's THE ****!!! :D At least give it a go, you might be surprised.
  22. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Interesting place to make your first post, Vivsta.

Yeah, I'm sure it's great. Really. I might even give it a go in the future. What is being debated here isn't Starwalking, though, it's VicFF.
  23. Vivsta Jedi Youngling

Heh, yeah I'm like that :p It's not my first either, used to be on this thing a long time ago but I think my email addy back then is no longer valid. *sigh*

Ok, so explain... as far as my understanding is... whether it's Vic FF or Starwalking you're all star wars fans so who gives a rats if it's a starwalking event and you're VicFF... it's the same deal.
  24. lordvaderFF Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, that was my thought as well......but hey.

In NSW, the Fan Force people rock up to the Star Walking events, group together, chat, poke fun, have a good time.....so the two are the same.
  25. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No. I would have stopped coming to the JC/FF years ago if it was just about Star Wars. I would like to think I'm friends (at least e-friends) with some of the people here. That's why I'd go to a FF meet. I wouldn't go just because they like Star Wars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.